backwards hiring policies at labcorp

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

leslie

88 months ago

If you dont get hired, dont worry, its not your fault. At our site they hired people with 5+ years of experience as temps, and a girl right out of phlebotomy school as a permanent employee. Then they stuck her in the busiest patient center in town, and are firing her for not being able to keep up- expecting her to be an expert with less than a month of experience. They also just asked everyone what they thought of her instead of looking at her numbers to evaluate her. Another girl just quit because they let all the other employees bully her, they told her she wasnt 'a team player' when people would badmouth her in front of the bosses and customers, doing that INSTEAD OF WORKING. Completely unproffessional. There is a reason they are hiring all the time. Its because they dont hire the right applicants and give everyone they do hire a bad deal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

leslie

88 months ago

oh yeah and the girl who got bullied didnt even get help from HR with the problems there. She isnt available for rehire because during her last week of working there, after giving notice and everything, she had a serious medical emergency and missed a few days. she provided doctors notes and everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Max in Summit, New Jersey

88 months ago

leslie said: oh yeah and the girl who got bullied didnt even get help from HR with the problems there. She isnt available for rehire because during her last week of working there, after giving notice and everything, she had a serious medical emergency and missed a few days. she provided doctors notes and everything.

What staffing agencies do they use?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in La Grange, Illinois

88 months ago

Guide

Every LabCorp ad I am seeing now specifies "2-5" years blood drawing experience,which burns me up. Maybe in a few years they will be saying "5-10 years experince". But I want to know if they always mean it. The first post on this thread says no. Can anyone else back that up? Can anyone say that they were hired in,like in the past 2 years,and they had less than a year experience,if any ? Or they know of a classmate who got hired just like that? This needs to be exposed if they are running false ads. For one thing,many PBTs may not bother applying somewhere cause they think they don't have a chance when in fact maybe they did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Max in Orange, California

87 months ago

leslie said: If you dont get hired, dont worry, its not your fault. At our site they hired people with 5+ years of experience as temps, and a girl right out of phlebotomy school as a permanent employee. Then they stuck her in the busiest patient center in town, and are firing her for not being able to keep up- expecting her to be an expert with less than a month of experience. They also just asked everyone what they thought of her instead of looking at her numbers to evaluate her. Another girl just quit because they let all the other employees bully her, they told her she wasnt 'a team player' when people would badmouth her in front of the bosses and customers, doing that INSTEAD OF WORKING. Completely unproffessional. There is a reason they are hiring all the time. Its because they dont hire the right applicants and give everyone they do hire a bad deal.

I still would be interested to find out what staffing agency they use there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAMILA in RICHMOND, Virginia

73 months ago

SOURCEONE MEDICAL PERSONELL I WORKED AS A TEMP IN QUEENS NEYORK FOR 1 WEEK. MOVED TO RICHMOND VA AND GOT HIRED FULL TIME IN A IPO VERY EASY! NOT FACED PACED AT ALL GYN OFFICE ONYL FERTILE WOMEN AND TEENS LUCKY ME. GREAT PAY AND BENIFITS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JAMILA in RICHMOND, Virginia

73 months ago

JAMILA in RICHMOND, Virginia said: SOURCEONE MEDICAL PERSONELL I WORKED AS A TEMP IN QUEENS NEYORK FOR 1 WEEK. MOVED TO RICHMOND VA AND GOT HIRED FULL TIME IN A IPO VERY EASY! NOT FACED PACED AT ALL GYN OFFICE ONYL FERTILE WOMEN AND TEENS LUCKY ME. GREAT PAY AND BENIFITS

WOW I'M NOT DUMB I JUST WAS TYPING TO FAST AND DIDN'T CHECK MY SPELLING, AGAIN THE TEMP AGENCY IS SOURCE ONE MEDICAL PERSONELL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.