empty promises

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

nobody in Seattle, Washington

87 months ago

Did my externship with lab corp, had over 400 draws and worked my butt off for them, for free i might add. had no real training , just told me where equipment was and let me go. tried for three months to be hired and went through two interviews with no results...what is with this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LC in La Moille, Illinois

87 months ago

Guide

Are you saying you had no training beforehand or that you were doing a phlebotomy clinical with them and they didn't show you around much? That's pretty bad since they seem to put this big,unrealistic emphasis on the "2-5 years experienced only!" requirement in their ads.
A LOT have trouble getting in to LabCorp,and other blood drawing jobs, so don't feel too bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

87 months ago

LC in La Moille, Illinois said: Are you saying you had no training beforehand or that you were doing a phlebotomy clinical with them and they didn't show you around much? That's pretty bad since they seem to put this big,unrealistic emphasis on the "2-5 years experienced only!" requirement in their ads.
A LOT have trouble getting in to LabCorp,and other blood drawing jobs, so don't feel too bad.

What does "Guide" mean that is listed un LC's name? I don't see it anywhere else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nobody in Seattle, Washington

87 months ago

I Did my externship with them after finishing school, but keep getting run around on jobs i apply for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Magnolia, Illinois

86 months ago

Guide

Everyone who has trouble finding a job in this field gets a runaround from someone in a position of power sooner or later. For me it was the human resource assistant at a local bloodbank who showed more of an interest in hiring me when I was completely untrained than when I was done with the schooling and certified. She initially gave me the impression she was going to hire me but waited 3 months to finally call me back to say the position had been filled. She was hard to get hold of,she never returned her calls,so I made the mistake in mentioning that in an e-mail that I sent to the head of HR there,not realizing that she is allowed to read his mail,so all my applications to that place from then on have gone nowhere. That kind of childish vindictiveness goes on a lot.

From what I have read on all the LabCorp forums here,a lot of people are very frustrated with this company,either from working for them,or wanting to and not being able to. I can imagine how you feel if you did a clinical with them yet are still having problems getting in. "Bitter" comes to mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Magnolia, Illinois

86 months ago

Guide

Jake in Elyria, Ohio said: What does "Guide" mean that is listed un LC's name? I don't see it anywhere else.

Funny,I don't see it anywhere else either. Anyone can apply to be a Guide. You try to answer other member's questions on topics that you know enough about,or at least lend support and complete understanding. If you are trained and registered in something,but have had so much trouble finding a job in it, you become almost an expert at that by itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

phlebolin in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

lab corp DOES NOT TRAIN their new employees
very well not a good company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

nobody in Everett, Washington

83 months ago

dont feel bad, at least the training i got was good only to get laid off after 1 month for no reason but cut backs...Compant not well in washington state. whats next..

phlebolin in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

dear nobody,i also was terminated after 7 months of employment due to downsizing.only regret i have is i left a co after 20 years for lab corp. what a mistake i made

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Job Search Dolphin in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

Guide

nobody in Seattle, Washington said: I Did my externship with them after finishing school, but keep getting run around on jobs i apply for.

What did you do your externship in? I've been working in Career Services and doing Allied Health Placement for a school in Tampa. Might be able to give you an idea of who to contact, or how to approach things, in your geography.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.