what a freaking joke this company is

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

s l w in Washington, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

this company is a complete and utter joke. i have 7 years exp and they treat you like your an idiot. i was set up////who does that? i would walk out the front door to get myself and my coworker coffee and they were watching us.....creepy@

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Allen in Kodak, Tennessee

94 months ago

I worked for Labcorp in Knoxville. The Courier Supervisor was a joke. One of the drivers told me they worked there 10 years and never saw her do anything..I was told it's well known she enjoys pain pills..She stumbles in about 10am everyday. She had the personality of a rock..They have no uniforms, and no two way communication for their drivers..real professional..Needless to say..I left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio

94 months ago

Is there anyone out there who has something NICE to say, about LabCorp? I'd really like to hear something POSITIVE!! LOL.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

93 months ago

How the heck did this web site, get me living in Pataskala, I never typed that, don't even know where Pataskala is!! Get it right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Lexington, North Carolina

93 months ago

it's easy to bad mouth a company when they fire your a**...stay in co policy and you will be a sussess...all of the co can NOT be bad..i know i work for LC...i have no problems...have been here for 1 year now...this billing dept is great....so are the supervisors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Lexington, North Carolina

93 months ago

i'm in san diego, Ca....not north carolina-sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

i interview for a position that they elimanated. and the other position gave to some one in house. if you were going to eleminate position why interview for it.why even call for interview or even post on web site that you are hiring for something thats not even there. what a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

sam said: it's easy to bad mouth a company when they fire your a**...stay in co policy and you will be a sussess...all of the co can NOT be bad..i know i work for LC...i have no problems...have been here for 1 year now...this billing dept is great....so are the supervisors
who was fired get things right before you run at mouth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cherylynn from Oakdale in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

s l w in Washington, Pennsylvania said: this company is a complete and utter joke. i have 7 years exp and they treat you like your an idiot. i was set up////who does that? i would walk out the front door to get myself and my coworker coffee and they were watching us.....creepy@

What is the truth behind this story? A hugh company being mean to little old you! Maybe you are not getting enough sleep at night!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Celia in Punxy, PA in Lexington, North Carolina

92 months ago

Debbie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: i interview for a position that they elimanated. and the other position gave to some one in house. if you were going to eleminate position why interview for it.why even call for interview or even post on web site that you are hiring for something thats not even there. what a joke.

Debbie,
Is English your second language?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Oh, these stinkweeds known as LabCorp had a data entry position online; I went to apply for it, found out it is no longer available. I think I ought to go down to LabCorp, New Castle, and picket the place. New Castle, Delaware, bites anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DrA in Lake Grove, New York

90 months ago

s l w in Washington, Pennsylvania said: this company is a complete and utter joke. i have 7 years exp and they treat you like your an idiot. i was set up////who does that? i would walk out the front door to get myself and my coworker coffee and they were watching us.....creepy@

They treat you like an idiot? Well given that you cannot spell over the 3rd grade level, maybe there is a hint there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

southbeach in Sylva, North Carolina

90 months ago

Allen in Kodak, Tennessee said: I worked for Labcorp in Knoxville. The Courier Supervisor was a joke. One of the drivers told me they worked there 10 years and never saw her do anything..I was told it's well known she enjoys pain pills..She stumbles in about 10am everyday. She had the personality of a rock..They have no uniforms, and no two way communication for their drivers..real professional..Needless to say..I left.

What was your position in knoxville?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lynn in va in Ellicott City, Maryland

90 months ago

I worked for Labcorp for 10 years and when I gave my notice was walked out. I had applied for a transfer to another city and was told I did not have enough experience to go into the same department as an entry level position. This company is a joke. The only way anyone will ever get into a management job is if you are stupid. Noone that I worked with or met in upper management had any brains. The Manager of the billing department has no idea what is going on and if you do not cover her a** you are on her s*** list. She claims to be firm fair and consistent but only if you are not of the Caucasin race. Enough said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

G L in Suwanee, Georgia

90 months ago

I worked for the Tucker LabCorp facility for 4 years. It is very political, if management does not like you, they start finding any faults with you so they can write you up and fire you. Yes, I was fired, but by my new manager who as soon as my previous manager had left, began finding reasons to find fault with me as much as possible. They fire you, walk you out the door, and that's it. I don't miss working there. They also tell you they have hardly any turnover, but that is a HUGE lie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GB in Winston Salem, North Carolina

87 months ago

My sister works at LC. She worked in NY originally, then transferred to NC. Her husband, who passed away last September, was terminally ill and she opted for FLMA. She was told any leave she took via FLMA had to first be approved by her manager! Doctor notes were not acceptable. When her husband's sister died suddenly and they went to the funeral, she was made to sign the funeral notice stating she actually went!

She has tried to post out of her department only to find out that the manager sent a memo to the other departments asking them NOT to hire anyone from his group because he was short staffed. He was granted permission to hire extra people and then once he did, fired a bunch of the people that were already there and is now short staffed again! The list goes on and on.

Now they are talking more lay-offs, and I have to wonder if they are looking for their 'candidates'. And for those who say if you do a good job etc you are treated well, BS. She went through hell with her husband's sickness, and the company made it even more stressful by all their shananigans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

MF in woodbridge, New Jersey

87 months ago

I have been in the Phlebotomy/ekg field for about good 6 years and I know what you mean. The labcorps in NJ are so short staff its unbelivable. There would be 100 patients and 2 techs only one entering patients and the other drawing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

shara in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

MF in woodbridge, New Jersey said: I have been in the Phlebotomy/ekg field for about good 6 years and I know what you mean. The labcorps in NJ are so short staff its unbelivable. There would be 100 patients and 2 techs only one entering patients and the other drawing.

YES, The same thing in Virginia. 2 Techs, One draws, one does the LCM. Over one hundred patients a day. Rediculous and Unfair. Unfair to the patients and unfair to the phlebotomists.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

shara in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

G L in Suwanee, Georgia said: I worked for the Tucker LabCorp facility for 4 years. It is very political, if management does not like you, they start finding any faults with you so they can write you up and fire you. Yes, I was fired, but by my new manager who as soon as my previous manager had left, began finding reasons to find fault with me as much as possible. They fire you, walk you out the door, and that's it. I don't miss working there. They also tell you they have hardly any turnover, but that is a HUGE lie.

I was fired also. Now that I think about. They can have that S***. Between the stress and BS management and the cover ups for management. Glad I'm not there. They lie so bad to their employees. LabCorp is a JOKE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

shara in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

They treat their phlebotomists like crap. They are understaffed. Show no respect for the phlebs. And we're the face of the company. We are the first people that patients come in contact with in representing the company. They need to smarten up. The phlebotomists should be one of the highest paid and respected individuals within the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shara in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Oh, these stinkweeds known as LabCorp had a data entry position online; I went to apply for it, found out it is no longer available. I think I ought to go down to LabCorp, New Castle, and picket the place. New Castle, Delaware, bites anyway.

I was thinking about picketing. I've bought the posters and markers to make them. Still think I might!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shara in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio said: Is there anyone out there who has something NICE to say, about LabCorp? I'd really like to hear something POSITIVE!! LOL.......

NO. NOT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shara in Arlington, Virginia

85 months ago

lynn in va in Ellicott City, Maryland said: I worked for Labcorp for 10 years and when I gave my notice was walked out. I had applied for a transfer to another city and was told I did not have enough experience to go into the same department as an entry level position. This company is a joke. The only way anyone will ever get into a management job is if you are stupid. Noone that I worked with or met in upper management had any brains. The Manager of the billing department has no idea what is going on and if you do not cover her a** you are on her s*** list. She claims to be firm fair and consistent but only if you are not of the Caucasin race. Enough said.

The new supervisor in my division, did not know the difference between pediatric and adult blood cultures! She used a pediactric on an adult. The doctors office had to be called. They said to submit it anyway. How SAD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sheri -Patient of doctor in NC who uses in Knightdale, North Carolina

85 months ago

I live near Raleigh, NC and I went to a dermatologist nearby who uses Labcorp to process their Derm biopsies. I have never had any biopsies in my past, when I lived in Vermont, come back abnormal. Suddenly, after having 4 biopsies I received a lab report back from Labcorp stating that all 4 biopsies were mild to severely atypical and the lab recommended all be removed!! This startled me!

Because all 4 biopsies came back from Labcorp abnormal and I have never had even 1 abnormal result in the past, I question Labcorp's accuracy, dealings with doctors, polical and doctor relationships, etc. Basically, can I trust these results??

Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me? I really don't want to have 4 unnecessary surgeries if I can help it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Honeydew in Graham, North Carolina

85 months ago

Joke? HUH! This company is worse than a joke!
Honeydew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

BallroomGrl in whitehouse, New Jersey

82 months ago

MF in woodbridge, New Jersey said: I have been in the Phlebotomy/ekg field for about good 6 years and I know what you mean. The labcorps in NJ are so short staff its unbelivable. There would be 100 patients and 2 techs only one entering patients and the other drawing.

help me out .. i got offered a position for labcorp AND one for merck! help help help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LabCorp Proud in Oklahoma, Oklahoma

82 months ago

I HAVE WORKED FOR LABCORP FOR MANY YEARS. THIS STARTED OUT TO JUST BE A STEPPING STONE ON MY JOURNEY TO MY CAREER. I LIKED IT SO MUCH THAT I STAYED. THE POLITICS ARE SOMETIMES LESS DESIREABLE. BUT YOU HAVE POLITICS EVERYWHERE YOU GO. JUST AS MOST EVERYONE ELSE HERE, I HAVE MY OWN CONCERNS AND DISAPPOINTMENTS WITH THIS COMPANY. HOWEVER, MY COWORKERS ARE WONDERFUL. WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM AS A WHOLE HERE IN OKLAHOMA AND I DON'T HAVE ANY REGRETS FOR STAYING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bobbie greene in linwood, North Carolina

81 months ago

i have been trying to get a job with LC,how do i go about it ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

myrc60 in South Carolina

81 months ago

Sheri -Patient of doctor in NC who uses in Knightdale, North Carolina said: I live near Raleigh, NC and I went to a dermatologist nearby who uses Labcorp to process their Derm biopsies. I have never had any biopsies in my past, when I lived in Vermont, come back abnormal. Suddenly, after having 4 biopsies I received a lab report back from Labcorp stating that all 4 biopsies were mild to severely atypical and the lab recommended all be removed!! This startled me!

Because all 4 biopsies came back from Labcorp abnormal and I have never had even 1 abnormal result in the past, I question Labcorp's accuracy, dealings with doctors, polical and doctor relationships, etc. Basically, can I trust these results??

Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me? I really don't want to have 4 unnecessary surgeries if I can help it!

I'd demand your doctor send your tests to another facility first and then I'd find another doctor depending on the results of the do over. There seems to be too much discontent in their office(s).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jill plesak in Clarion, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

s l w in Washington, Pennsylvania said: this company is a complete and utter joke. i have 7 years exp and they treat you like your an idiot. i was set up////who does that? i would walk out the front door to get myself and my coworker coffee and they were watching us.....creepy@

Uh, think about it...you are slightly off base, as you were not fired for getting coffee, you wore PPE to go get it! Against every policy in every lab, period!
Lab Corp is a great place to work, and they are an excellent Lab. They don't tolerate those who break policy, and thats why they are top notch. They get rid of policy breakers, which is as it should be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

James in Ballston Spa, New York

78 months ago

bobbie greene in linwood, North Carolina said: i have been trying to get a job with LC,how do i go about it ?

just curious what kind of job are you trying to get with them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DTISTIUTA in Poughkeepsie, New York

40 months ago

sam in Lexington, North Carolina said: it's easy to bad mouth a company when they fire your a**...stay in co policy and you will be a sussess...all of the co can NOT be bad..i know i work for LC...i have no problems...have been here for 1 year now...this billing dept is great....so are the supervisors

Yes you are right 100% Do you not think as most do, that all corporations like to see your brown tinted nostrils...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DickHedjao in Nashville, Tennessee

40 months ago

I agree totally. You my friend must be a genius in disquise.

Dick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Soon to be free... in Burlington, North Carolina

37 months ago

I work at LC. It was nice at first, but holy hell, if you're not a conformist you will hate it. The pay is dismal (i'm in billing, had over 3 years experience in it before being hired), co-workers are all incredibly catty and backstabbing and the work is so lame, a monkey could do it.

Find someplace else. I did and I get to start in 3 weeks. Could not be anymore excited to escape from this hell!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GLAD I LEFT in San Diego, California

35 months ago

Worked there for a couple of months, when I first started. The older Filipino lady (and there are LOTS) gave me the 411 on everything. Our supervisor was dating someone in the data entry dept who has a wife and kids, yet she was open about their wrong relationship. So and so were together, he cheated on her, she cheated on him, someone went to the manager about bad usage about the company on facebook. The place is clearly a joke, the work is definitely rushed and it is quanity over quaity. I'd laugh if they say otherwise. The loser's that work there seriously have nothing else, that's their life. They hang out with the people there, they text them over anything, that's all they do and it's sad. I mean, I wouldn't mind it because if they minded their own business but DAMN this place is worse than high school. People who look old as FU*K and have kids, gossip and start rumors about people they don't like. I'm 19 years old and I don't even do that anymore, I heard so much trash talking and saw so much fakeness from most of the people there. The supervisors act like they know and give you that dumb smirk but yet they don't do shi+. Easy work, ok pay but I quit and I found something better. Glad I don't have to dread going into that hellhole anymore. BTW loser's at labcorp, you guys are ALL ugly inside and out. Now go ahead and continue your SHI*TY life :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GLAD I LEFT in San Diego, California

35 months ago

DEFINITELY NOT A PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENT as you might have thought,.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

con_fused in California

32 months ago

GLAD I LEFT in San Diego, California said: Worked there for a couple of months, when I first started. The older Filipino lady (and there are LOTS) gave me the 411 on everything. Our supervisor was dating someone in the data entry dept who has a wife and kids, yet she was open about their wrong relationship. So and so were together, he cheated on her, she cheated on him, someone went to the manager about bad usage about the company on facebook. The place is clearly a joke, the work is definitely rushed and it is quanity over quaity. I'd laugh if they say otherwise. The loser's that work there seriously have nothing else, that's their life. They hang out with the people there, they text them over anything, that's all they do and it's sad. I mean, I wouldn't mind it because if they minded their own business but DAMN this place is worse than high school. People who look old as FU*K and have kids, gossip and start rumors about people they don't like. I'm 19 years old and I don't even do that anymore, I heard so much trash talking and saw so much fakeness from most of the people there. The supervisors act like they know and give you that dumb smirk but yet they don't do shi+. Easy work, ok pay but I quit and I found something better. Glad I don't have to dread going into that hellhole anymore. BTW loser's at labcorp, you guys are ALL ugly inside and out. Now go ahead and continue your SHI*TY life :)

May I know the location of LabCorp where you worked?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LabCorp Proud in Oklahoma, Oklahoma

32 months ago

con_fused in California said: May I know the location of LabCorp where you worked?

Did you report all this to your HR department????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kb in Burlington, North Carolina

27 months ago

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio said: Is there anyone out there who has something NICE to say, about LabCorp? I'd really like to hear something POSITIVE!! LOL.......

I've worked at LabCorp almost 5 years... Believe me, there is nothing nice to say about this place. I'm consistently looking but there are no other jobs for me. It is and I'm sure it will always a horrible place to work because of the sorry management and so much of it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LabCorp Proud in Oklahoma, Oklahoma

27 months ago

kb in Burlington, North Carolina said: I've worked at LabCorp almost 5 years... Believe me, there is nothing nice to say about this place. I'm consistently looking but there are no other jobs for me. It is and I'm sure it will always a horrible place to work because of the sorry management and so much of it...

Once again, there are politics everywhere you go. I have tenyear with the company and have my own share of complaints. But I'm not going to sit here on a pity trip.. If you don't like your job, find a new one. If there is anything immortal, unethical or illegal taking place at your job site, take it to your manager. If your manager doesn't do anything about it, GO OVER HIS/HER head. Change starts with YOU. I wish people would stop bellyaching and stand up for what they believe should be taking place at their job site. Do it for yourself, your coworkers and the other employees who fear standing up for themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Charlotte, North Carolina

14 months ago

LabCorp Proud in Oklahoma, Oklahoma said: Once again, there are politics everywhere you go. I have tenyear with the company and have my own share of complaints. But I'm not going to sit here on a pity trip.. If you don't like your job, find a new one. If there is anything immortal, unethical or illegal taking place at your job site, take it to your manager. If your manager doesn't do anything about it, GO OVER HIS/HER head. Change starts with YOU. I wish people would stop bellyaching and stand up for what they believe should be taking place at their job site. Do it for yourself, your coworkers and the other employees who fear standing up for themselves.

Trust me when I say never go to upper management if you work for Labcorp they will only find a way to get rid of you. Do what the rest of Labcorp employees do look the other way if you need your job because unless you have money in the bank you will be on the street in a month or two. I learned that the hard way when I spoke up about about illegal activity I was moved to another location. I was written up and lost my raise for that year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Charlotte, North Carolina

14 months ago

I have hundreds of patient say what a great job I have done but have one say something negative and watch out Labcorp will kick you to the curb. They can replace a 15yr employee and make more money off of a cheaper one (I just take Labcorp one day at a time and the law states in NC they can fire for any reason.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

14 months ago

lynn in va in Ellicott City, Maryland said: I worked for Labcorp for 10 years and when I gave my notice was walked out. I had applied for a transfer to another city and was told I did not have enough experience to go into the same department as an entry level position. This company is a joke. The only way anyone will ever get into a management job is if you are stupid. Noone that I worked with or met in upper management had any brains. The Manager of the billing department has no idea what is going on and if you do not cover her a** you are on her s*** list. She claims to be firm fair and consistent but only if you are not of the Caucasin race. Enough said.

Most companies walk you out now. They fear the employee will do some retaliation.
It is spelled, Caucasian. And yes, Whites are not protected by any laws race-wise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.