How to get a job at LabCorp.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Carrie in Kentucky

96 months ago

You don't want to get in! Trust this! You'll find my reasoning on : LabCorp Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits. - 6. And for ones that may read this and think I'm just being ... oh whatever you want to call it. I'm not.. Just shocked that Labcorp is where I thought I wanted to be... I saw my self there for a very long time. Never again. And always make sure your family comes first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Ladd in Franklin, Tennessee

96 months ago

I was asked to be hired at lab corp in Nashville TN for a inside sales/customer service opening. Its sad how professional people treat there employee's. All the osting on this company has me wondering about business in a america. Time for me to start my own business.

why is so hard to treat people right and have good leadership in corporate america?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Goshen, New York

95 months ago

Carrie in Kentucky said: You don't want to get in! Trust this! You'll find my reasoning on : LabCorp Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits. - 6. And for ones that may read this and think I'm just being ... oh whatever you want to call it. I'm not.. Just shocked that Labcorp is where I thought I wanted to be... I saw my self there for a very long time. Never again. And always make sure your family comes first.

Quest is the same. I also left a comment on the same ...bonuses and such...
I'm someone who actually works when they go to work. I found at Quest there was A LOT fo competition and laziness and man, they LINCHED you if you were the outcast! That's what I got for covering extra hours, stocking all supplies, drawing all the misses (and then some)...just doing what I was hired for...AND, I foudn that the older the women were, the nastier they got! (I know this is about Labcorp, but I'm just adding my 2 cents about their competition Quest)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill

95 months ago

at least you guys and ladys are working ,ive worked as a courier and in op. labs for over fifteen years .ive filled out ten apps. with labcore and have had no responce whats so ever about a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Campbell Hall, New York

95 months ago

Bill said: at least you guys and ladys are working ,ive worked as a courier and in op. labs for over fifteen years .ive filled out ten apps. with labcore and have had no responce whats so ever about a job.

Hey Bill:
I'm currently unemployed which is why I found this comment section. I have only worked for Quest and don't know much about Labcorp. Everyone seems to be saying the same thing about both though. I'm not sure either is a good match for me, but what do you do when you NEED a job? I know Quest didn't pay the curriers that well either. They were also VERY unhappy. I think these labs need to treat their employees better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Todd in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

95 months ago

I also have applied to Lab Corp 5 times i keep sending my resume to the because i work for Quest and Clinical Lab Partners here in CT and know the lab business and would like to get back into it but its like hitting a brick wall 5 x's i sent my resume

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio

95 months ago

I am a LPN, have drawn blood for over 20 yrs, interviewed with Lab Corp, and wonder why I was not hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Karen - Doing research for a loved one in Lincolnshire, Illinois

94 months ago

I'm doing research on labcorp for a loved one who is going through the interviewing process with them. Can you expand on the benefits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Rome, Illinois

93 months ago

mariah said: I am a LPN, have drawn blood for over 20 yrs, interviewed with Lab Corp, and wonder why I was not hired?

Hi Mariah-I thought I was the only one who was applying everywhere and not getting anything. I have been trained and certified for 3 years now and initially applied at every Lab Corp ad I saw in Lorain County,Ohio and not once heard anything back from them. I guess it's not their policy to inform you that the position has been filled or you are not experienced enough. But I have to wonder about all those who ARE qualified that are being passed over. Who are they giving these jobs to? Their requirements have grown in the past few years,now they are specifying more than 6 months experience and a lot of other things. Does that mean they ALWAYS hire what they ask for or is that crapola going on where they will hire someone off the street,someone with the right connections?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Rome, Illinois

93 months ago

Sam said: I too have many years experience as a Phlebotomist. I am ASCP certified AND I have worked for their competition (Quest). On top of that, I have a degree in Medical Laboratory Technology. I can't for the life of me understand why no one has called me. I have even walked myself into a local PSC and hand delivered my resume (which has a position they are still posting for). I called HR and they said you have to apply through their website and if there is interest, you will be contacted. And yet, I still don't know why with all my experience and education I have not been contacted. Who DO they hire? Where DO they find them and WHY do they choose whoever they choose? The only thing I can think of as to why they don't call me a=is that I'm over qualified, but gimme' a break! I am sincerely frustrated!

Well,I have never found a job AT all in this field and applied EVERYWHERE here where I am writing from (NOT what is says but Ohio). I had to go into medical assisting and I am having the same junk happen. I got certified twice in phleb.(ASCP and AMT) but it made no difference. Now I am going into a lab tech program and have to wonder when I am done with that will the same thing be happening. It is a NIGHTMARE of frustration,especially to hear about all your classmates getting jobs and some of them were airheads. The phleb. training in my MA class was a big joke yet I know those girls have a better chance of getting a job drawing blood than I do,since 3 of them did,or almost did. They got offered the job which is more than I ever got.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Washingtonville, New York

93 months ago

I know...I graduated from an MLT program with an A.A.S. degree a year ago this May and I can't find a job in that field - that's why I'm going full circle back to Phleb work - in either case, I have been pathetically looking for 10 months!!!! I can't find a job in anything. I also tried Medical Assistant jobs (hoping they would be willing to train) and even Dental Assisting...Nada! I really feel pathetic. I always thought that a college degree was better. I should have stuck with just Phlebotomy. I have never in my life had such a hard time finding employment. 10 months of looking?!?! I guess it's not just the NY area - it seems to be an issue for others elsewhere. All I can think now is everything happens for a reason. Eventually, (the odds are) I HAVE to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LC in La Salle, Illinois

93 months ago

Sam-I wrote a reply earlier that didn't get posted where I said that if you are a man then that would explain why the MA and dental assisting jobs went nowhere-they rather hire a woman for those jobs. But having the MLT training and still having the lousy luck makes no sense. I understand completely what it is like to be QUALIFIED and still the jobs are going to others that you know aren't as well trained. Those who haven't been through something like this probably think there must be something wrong with us. Well,take it from me, living with this kind of rejection isn't easy. I truly feel that until they make phlebotomy certification mandatory in all states then they will continue to pass out the job to whoever gets their foot in the door first,qualified or not. Unless someone would like to explain to me why I cannot find a job doing what I went to school for,and I am not a dummy or have a criminal record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in La Salle, Illinois

93 months ago

Well,now I've moved from Rome to La Salle,Illinois and I live in Ohio. I want to make that clear cause the job market in this state is terrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MICHAEL LADD in Nashville, Tennessee

93 months ago

I know Used to live there. I know all about Ohio.

What do you do for a career.

Michael Ladd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Dayton, Ohio

93 months ago

Guide

Yes,Ohio has a high unemployment percentage.

I got a shocker today-an email from LabCorp telling me that a recent position I applied for was already filled by the time I applied. What was so unusual is that this is the FIRST time I have ever received such a notice from them. I sent a sincere thank you note because it was so nice for once not to be left hanging.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

da new guy in Burlington, North Carolina

92 months ago

I am a new employee at LabCorp. I have only been here for less than two months, and believe me... in order to get a job at LabCorp, especially in Burlington, NC you have to know some one with a little pull. Everyone i know that has been hired recently had a connection such as a friend, relative etc.. and those people were in good with their supervisors including myself. I had been applying for a position at labcorp for nearly a year while i was still in the armed forces only to get the denial e-mails, you know what they look like. But I talked to my stepfather who is pretty well known in the company, he is in the maintenance department (not the pick up trash kind...the fix stuff that breaks kind) so he knows all the Directors and Building managers, He actually talked to Rich Novak in order to get me a position. So its all about who you know when it comes to LabCorp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

92 months ago

Ok, my father started the company, why can't I get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

92 months ago

Who did you do, to get in?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

da new guy in Monetta, South Carolina

92 months ago

lol...i didn't do anyone? My stepfather just knows alot of people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

michael Ladd in Nashville, Tennessee

92 months ago

This company is a joke you should hire who the most qualified. I had a job offer and I am glad I turned them down

Michael Ladd
Nashville TN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Phoenix, Arizona

92 months ago

I am currently employed as a PST with labcorp Benifits are great but you pay for them the raises are not much if you are top 99 percent you get a 4 percent 94 to 98 percent 3 percent raise anything lower nothing and the raises are only yearly if you want one you need to keep reminding your supervisior because they "forget" to review you. I work out of a client office and I think it is the only way to go. Pay is not great either if you are a single parent do not work here you and your children will starve with paying for your beni and crap raises doens't leave much left.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

amy in Willowbrook, Illinois

92 months ago

what is the hourly phlebotomist pay, I live in Illinois

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

92 months ago

Funny you should ask about hourly pay, your asking the wrong bunch of people, we cannot get hired on to find out!! LOL...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

amy in Willowbrook, Illinois said: what is the hourly phlebotomist pay, I live in Illinois

houly pay in Az is only around 13 hr

mel in Seattle, Washington

92 months ago

To every one LABCORP is a publicly traded
company like Quest. If any of are LPN,MLT or
MT. TO LAB ASSISTANTS AND PHLEBOTOMIST EXPAND YOUR AREA TO BE IN RESEARCH ASSISTANT FOR RESEARCH (MEDICAL AND CLINICAL TRIALS). LABCORP IS NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK. SO IS QUEST (BECAUSE THEY ARE FOR PROFIT BUSINESS LIKE MCDONALD. I KNOW I WORKED FOR BOTH COMPANIES FOR YEARS.I have been in laboratory medicine for the past 22 years.

KK in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

92 months ago

da new guy in Burlington, North Carolina said: I am a new employee at LabCorp. I have only been here for less than two months, and believe me... in order to get a job at LabCorp, especially in Burlington, NC you have to know some one with a little pull. Everyone i know that has been hired recently had a connection such as a friend, relative etc.. and those people were in good with their supervisors including myself. I had been applying for a position at labcorp for nearly a year while i was still in the armed forces only to get the denial e-mails, you know what they look like. But I talked to my stepfather who is pretty well known in the company, he is in the maintenance department (not the pick up trash kind...the fix stuff that breaks kind) so he knows all the Directors and Building managers, He actually talked to Rich Novak in order to get me a position. So its all about who you know when it comes to LabCorp

Thats interesting I was just hired off a resume on the internet, and was interviewed as well. I don't know anyone at labcorp. They just brought me in because of my experience!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

92 months ago

I agree I knew noone at labcorp either I just submitted my resume on line and was called with in 15 min no joke. Like I said before the job is great but the pay is not all that great, However the job security, the experiance and the relocation options are great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kk in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

92 months ago

Angie in Phoenix, Arizona said: I agree I knew noone at labcorp either I just submitted my resume on line and was called with in 15 min no joke. Like I said before the job is great but the pay is not all that great, However the job security, the experiance and the relocation options are great.

Thanks but the position I applied for does pay a bit more ~ 18.75 of course that does not take into account the amount they deduct for Insurance, Does anyone have any idea how much they take out?

92 months ago

What dept were you hired for ad insurance amounts depend on the plan and the number of depend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan Cooper

92 months ago

I live in the Greenville, South Carolina area and I am a retired educator. I have noticed cars in the area recently with Lab Corp written on the side of the cars. I am interested in employment and was wondering if you offer part-time positions collecting or delivering lab results. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I Am LabCorp in Cartersville, Georgia

90 months ago

Todd in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I also have applied to Lab Corp 5 times i keep sending my resume to the because i work for Quest and Clinical Lab Partners here in CT and know the lab business and would like to get back into it but its like hitting a brick wall 5 x's i sent my resume

I have been with LabCorp for over five years and have observed that there are only three ways to get hired with this bunch:

1. Know somebody that knows somebody.
2. Be "kept on" through a merger -- like me.
3. Be very lucky on your timing; on the rare occation that numbers 1 & 2 do not apply.

And Know this, differant managers have differant styles that will make some offices better to work for than others and current starting pay/benifits are pretty good, but overall, in the last five years, LabCorp has become a management heavy and worker hostile company. If you can get a job somewhere else, please do so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Diane B. in High Point, North Carolina

88 months ago

da new guy in Burlington, North Carolina said: I am a new employee at LabCorp. I have only been here for less than two months, and believe me... in order to get a job at LabCorp, especially in Burlington, NC you have to know some one with a little pull. Everyone i know that has been hired recently had a connection such as a friend, relative etc.. and those people were in good with their supervisors including myself. I had been applying for a position at labcorp for nearly a year while i was still in the armed forces only to get the denial e-mails, you know what they look like. But I talked to my stepfather who is pretty well known in the company, he is in the maintenance department (not the pick up trash kind...the fix stuff that breaks kind) so he knows all the Directors and Building managers, He actually talked to Rich Novak in order to get me a position. So its all about who you know when it comes to LabCorp

Hello,

I to am intrested in working for the company. This will be my first time applying for a postion within the company. I will be apply for clerical/customer service. Since I'm new to the area and don't know many people here, what would I need to do?

billyu in High Point, North Carolina

88 months ago

help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

da new guy in Burlington, North Carolina

88 months ago

well...as of right now there is a company wide job freeze and there are rumors of layoffs...my wife knows three people that got laid off one stays next door to us...one of them my have gotten fired because of low production though. So now is really not a good time if you need a job now. They still have open positions on monster and careers.labcorp.com but they are not filling them right now and there is no word on when the freeze is gonna be lifted. They do this every year near the end of the year and it usually lifts at the beginning of the year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Ladd In Nashville TN in Rockvale, Tennessee

88 months ago

what kind of company is this if they layoff every year. I feel sorry for employees in the corporate world. Sad. What happen to company treat people with respect so the employees will be more hard woking and loyal to the company and there companies. Sad whats happening to work world anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Ladd In Nashville TN in Rockvale, Tennessee

88 months ago

Karen - Doing research for a loved one in Lincolnshire, Illinois said: I'm doing research on labcorp for a loved one who is going through the interviewing process with them. Can you expand on the benefits?

youitwasting your time with this company they treat there employees horriable and is not that great either and people are very lazy or if not in ther in crowd your treated badly.

What happen to American work ethic in a America anymore.

Honeydew in Graham, North Carolina

86 months ago

You don't. You run as fast as you can the other way. They have a good PLB, but the rest is horrible. RUN! Do not work for Lab Corp. They are a horrible company to work for.

Honeydew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robin Krebs in Raleigh, North Carolina

85 months ago

I cannot even apply! Every time I log in with ifo, It keeps kcking me out, saying I haven't finished all the fields. I apllied three times. What a joke!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ms tee Delva in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

what kind of things did you go through to be hired? Did you have to almost give blood? Other than a drug test. Is it exciting to work with this company. Just curious.

Tonjua in Medina, Ohio

83 months ago

I have worked for LabCorp for almost 1 year, have been treated very well and professional. No complaints here. I had over 15 years of Medical experience and they must have liked what my references had to say about me.

Metro in Virginia

80 months ago

How much should you expected to get paid as a lab assistant with labcorp in the VA/DC/MD metro area?

Metro in Virginia

79 months ago

How long do they usually take to do a background check? What is the background check looking for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rrr in Lawrenceville, Georgia

79 months ago

Has anybody done the Color Blind Test at Labcore ? Just wondering if it's an easy or difficult test.

thanks

sandra thomas in Savannah, Georgia

77 months ago

I have applied for a postion for lab corp several times and i have experience in service rep, i was just wandering why is it so hard to get hire on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SonnyChiba57 in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

Bill said: at least you guys and ladys are working ,ive worked as a courier and in op. labs for over fifteen years .ive filled out ten apps. with labcore and have had no responce whats so ever about a job.

I have applied over and over and each time they sent what's called a gallup test which is made up of a bunch of stupid questions. Nomatter how you answer you will not be qualified for the job you are applying for. Each time I answered differently and was sent an automated email saying I "failed" the test. If that's not stupid I don't know what is. Whatever happened to being hired on experience?? Maybe they should send ppl a "study guide" to those asenine questions. Jeez...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

SonnyChiba57 in San Antonio, Texas

46 months ago

I have applied numerous times and each time was sent what they call a gallup test made up of a bunch of stupid questions. Nomatter how you answer you will not be qualified for the position you are applying for. Each time I answered differently and was sent an automated email saying I "failed" the test. If that's not stupid I don't know what is...Maybe they should make a "study guide" for that test. Whatever happened to being hired on experience?? I have over 20 years of it. Jeez...

DERRICK82682 in Greensboro, North Carolina

45 months ago

I had an interview with labcorp march 10th for Accounts Receivable Specialist in greensboro, granted the interviewer informed me it could take 2 weeks for background checks to be completed, and it just did hit the 2 week mark for myself. im wondering how long does it typically take to either get a call for an offer, or an email saying they dont want you? I've emailed my interviewer maybe like 5 times already and no response....is it normal after an interview with labcorp to be still be considered for a position after the time frame they provide you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

MLS250 in Birmingham, Alabama

45 months ago

DERRICK82682 in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I had an interview with labcorp march 10th for Accounts Receivable Specialist in greensboro, granted the interviewer informed me it could take 2 weeks for background checks to be completed, and it just did hit the 2 week mark for myself. im wondering how long does it typically take to either get a call for an offer, or an email saying they dont want you? I've emailed my interviewer maybe like 5 times already and no response....is it normal after an interview with labcorp to be still be considered for a position after the time frame they provide you?

It's very common for LabCorp Corporate Personnel to take on average 2-3 months before giving a hiring LabCorp Supervisor permission to hire a qualified job applicant.

marko in Cary, North Carolina

42 months ago

DERRICK82682 in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I had an interview with labcorp march 10th for Accounts Receivable Specialist in greensboro, granted the interviewer informed me it could take 2 weeks for background checks to be completed, and it just did hit the 2 week mark for myself. im wondering how long does it typically take to either get a call for an offer, or an email saying they dont want you? I've emailed my interviewer maybe like 5 times already and no response....is it normal after an interview with labcorp to be still be considered for a position after the time frame they provide you?

hello, I am just wondering if you are already working at Labcorp? how long for you to hear from them?

DERRICK82682 in Greensboro, North Carolina

42 months ago

marko in Cary, North Carolina said: hello, I am just wondering if you are already working at Labcorp? how long for you to hear from them?

Hey. When I posted that comment I was not offered the job. However I reapplied recently and exactly 2 weeks later (yesterday) they offered me the job. I don't start until July 5th.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.