What's the company culture at LabCorp?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at LabCorp?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at LabCorp?

Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Kentucky

87 months ago

No one else has commented on this "host" question... lol I wonder if any one from labcorp authorities that be read this... Maybe they should. Environment of labcorp: Every one is sweet and lovey dovey AT FIRST, but watch your back. Like I had said in a previous statement, they aren't interested in their employees, only the contracts with their client. Dress: H.R., managers, etc... they don't know how to dress. My boss at the time especially. Happy hour??? LAWWDY NO. oh, back to the dress... Scrubs for every one else. The typical day of a Labcorp employee... Stress.. wondering who's gonna screw with ya next! I see alot of people's blogs on here wondering why they can't get on with Labcorp... honestly people. Don't worry about it. Check my other post. They are still trying to find someone for the Jackson, Kentucky position.. I filled that position in 2005. They still kept that doctor as a client.. and I wonder how many other people came after me in that office. They don't care. They lie. And they'll screw you over on unemployment, and leave ya strapped for cash 2 weeks before Christmas. Check out Kilbourne labs, Quest diagnostics, Your states Blood centers, Redcross, and even check into drug testing co. Their is work for phlebotomist... and it don't start or end with just labcorp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Campbell Hall, New York

87 months ago

Same as Quest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

clyde in Mobile, Alabama

86 months ago

Has anyone that works at or has worked at labcorp ever contacted human resource about a problem they had and if so what was the out come

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Goshen, New York

86 months ago

I contacted HR about several positions I applied for...They told me they don't accept faxed resumes, they only accept resumes from their web site when you apply to a specific job. I even walked myself into a PSC and hand delivered my resume and one of the girls there gave me a quick interview and said she'd fax my resume to HR. I told the HR rep all of this and she said, "well, that was very nice of her, but we only accept job applications/resumes through our website and if there's interest, we will contact you". I have many years experience and I have worked for their competition. I can't imagine why they never contacted me. That's just my story...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Claremont, California

86 months ago

Carrie in Kentucky said: No one else has commented on this "host" question... lol I wonder if any one from labcorp authorities that be read this... Maybe they should. Environment of labcorp: Every one is sweet and lovey dovey AT FIRST, but watch your back. Like I had said in a previous statement, they aren't interested in their employees, only the contracts with their client. Dress: H.R., managers, etc... they don't know how to dress. My boss at the time especially. Happy hour??? LAWWDY NO. oh, back to the dress... Scrubs for every one else. The typical day of a Labcorp employee... Stress.. wondering who's gonna screw with ya next! I see alot of people's blogs on here wondering why they can't get on with Labcorp... honestly people. Don't worry about it. Check my other post. They are still trying to find someone for the Jackson, Kentucky position.. I filled that position in 2005. They still kept that doctor as a client.. and I wonder how many other people came after me in that office. They don't care. They lie. And they'll screw you over on unemployment, and leave ya strapped for cash 2 weeks before Christmas. Check out Kilbourne labs, Quest diagnostics, Your states Blood centers, Redcross, and even check into drug testing co. Their is work for phlebotomist... and it don't start or end with just labcorp.
Carrie..thanks so much for the heads-up about Labcorp. I'm here is southern California and just recently got my license. I thought about applying to LabCorp and Quest Diagnostics. I believe they are one and the same now. I had my externship at a Quest lab and was NOT impressed. I thought it was me. Anyway..I will take your advice to heart. I just left a job after a severe depression caused mostly because I had the boss from hell and they wouldn't let me transfer. I am unemployed at the moment, but at least I have my sanity and dignity back. Thank you so much for your other suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D W in Irving, Texas

85 months ago

I work in Specimen Management in the Dallas BU, and I feel like I work for a great company, overall. My department is home to alot of typical young, entry-level babies-whiners, slackers...etc., but for the few who actually WANT to get ahead within the company, the opportunities are availble. However, I agree that it's not easy. Demand and pressure to perform are rampant and at times overwhelming. There are maybe 20 or so out of a department of about 75-100 main employees that carry alot of the workload. In such a fast paced environment, it requires concentration to maintain both accuracy and production.
I also don't believe in the current CEO'S mantra of "people...". I think alot of their programs' catch phrases are brainwash, and if they treated their actual lab employees as well as their "Six Sigma", it would be a better company to work for. Quest's intentions are probably in the right place, but they need to get more in touch with the needs of so-called "lower-level" employees in order to be outstanding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stallion, Chantilly, VA in Woodbridge, Virginia

83 months ago

D W in Irving, Texas said: I work in Specimen Management in the Dallas BU, and I feel like I work for a great company, overall. My department is home to alot of typical young, entry-level babies-whiners, slackers...etc., but for the few who actually WANT to get ahead within the company, the opportunities are availble. However, I agree that it's not easy. Demand and pressure to perform are rampant and at times overwhelming. There are maybe 20 or so out of a department of about 75-100 main employees that carry alot of the workload. In such a fast paced environment, it requires concentration to maintain both accuracy and production.
I also don't believe in the current CEO'S mantra of "people...". I think alot of their programs' catch phrases are brainwash, and if they treated their actual lab employees as well as their "Six Sigma", it would be a better company to work for. Quest's intentions are probably in the right place, but they need to get more in touch with the needs of so-called "lower-level" employees in order to be outstanding.

Wow. I read your comment and had to respond. I work for "Quest" and I agree with everything you just said. My company was voted "One of the Best Companies to Work For". People in lower level jobs can't believe it. Because the processing depts are operated like factories. Its hard work and it takes a certain work discipline to get you through. Its definitely not for everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I Am LabCorp in Cartersville, Georgia

81 months ago

clyde in Mobile, Alabama said: Has anyone that works at or has worked at labcorp ever contacted human resource about a problem they had and if so what was the out come

Yes, my entire department contacted HR about a fraudulent application by managment of pay practices and performance review policies in our office.

The Central Division HR top dog even came to our office for a face to face about the complaint. For about fifteen minutes we were regaled with corporate speak about the need for "firm and fair" policies that are followed by and apply to everyone company wide. He then quoted the very policies that managment was abusing and were the subject of our complaint, as if that resolved the issues, and stated that it was "the employees" responsibility to work with managment and follow the policies. End of issue -- in his eyes -- having never addressed the issue of the complaint.

However, he did relate that he had recently been to eight other offices in three states and they had all had the same complaints. So it would appear that it is a corporate fraud problem rather than a local management problem; and several employees in my office are seeking legal counsel.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

typicalLabCorppractices in Neshanic Station, New Jersey

81 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at LabCorp?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

The company culture is run by the a$$hole sales force at LabCorp, who believe they're all Gods. Everything must revolve around them. It's a brutal corporate environment. The atmosphere there is to blame and point fingers first, and never ask questions later.

The typical day in the life of an employee at LabCorp is to drive to work with a cloud over your head, wonder why you work there, pray that you don't have any medical issues to come up with either yourself or your family (because if you do, the benefits are so lousy that you'll pretty much have to pay for everything yourself anyways...). Then you get to your desk or office, open up your emails and see who, internally, has either slammed you or tried to blame you for something that's completely out of your control ... always copying everybody and their mother on nasty notes to you. After opening up your emails and organizing your items and thoughts for the day, you'll be treated with cheap computers and klunky, ancient furniture and supplies to assist you throughout your day. Next, you'll wonder who is out to get you, and then you'll ask yourself why it is that you've become such a worrier? At the same time, you'll personally witness other employees getting away with murder - while the good ones, who actually work, who actually contribute to the company, are never rewarded or acknowledged.

Any questions??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

typicalLabCorppractices in Neshanic Station, New Jersey

81 months ago

Carrie, amen. I am ashamed to say I dated one of the company's top sales reps for 3 years - he was based out of Louisville. The guy cheated and lied on his mileage logs, gave cash donations and gifts to clients to keep them happy because the lab services were so bad (this is illegal).I could go on and on about how shady he was and how many policies and laws he violated while working for LabCorp..yet when turned in, because he is so good at sales and brings in the dollars, HR and company officials looked away. The atmosphere for the company is brutal and watching your back, particularly if you're close to retirement or being fully vested!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

I Am LabCorp in Burlington, North Carolina

81 months ago

typicalLabCorppractices in Neshanic Station, New Jersey said: The company culture is run by the a$$hole sales force at LabCorp, who believe they're all Gods. Everything must revolve around them. It's a brutal corporate environment. The atmosphere there is to blame and point fingers first, and never ask questions later.

The typical day in the life of an employee at LabCorp is to drive to work with a cloud over your head, wonder why you work there, pray that you don't have any medical issues to come up with either yourself or your family (because if you do, the benefits are so lousy that you'll pretty much have to pay for everything yourself anyways...). Then you get to your desk or office, open up your emails and see who, internally, has either slammed you or tried to blame you for something that's completely out of your control ... always copying everybody and their mother on nasty notes to you. After opening up your emails and organizing your items and thoughts for the day, you'll be treated with cheap computers and klunky, ancient furniture and supplies to assist you throughout your day. Next, you'll wonder who is out to get you, and then you'll ask yourself why it is that you've become such a worrier? At the same time, you'll personally witness other employees getting away with murder - while the good ones, who actually work, who actually contribute to the company, are never rewarded or acknowledged.

Any questions??

IT SOUNDS LIKE WE WORK IN THE SAME OFFICE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

K in Federal Way, Washington

81 months ago

I moved to Seattle 9 months ago and have been working at LabCorp for 6 months. Being a unionized worker (in Seattle unions are pretty strong) I get good pay and benefits. However...I hate working for Labcorp. There is something in the culture here that is disheartening and depressing; never any positive strokes. You kind of keep your head down and hope to dodge the chaos flying all around you. I'm looking for other jobs, but so far there's nothing out there that equals this one for pay and benefits. We are seeing an exodus of people at our location now, voluntary and otherwise. I hope to join them one day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dissapointed employee in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at LabCorp?

stress stress and nore stress plenty of lies and backstabbers.no one gets along every one thinks they work harder than everyone else lots of gossiping espiacially the team leads and supervisors they do plot and gossip about thier employees.the more you do does not get you promoted or even notice. its just a job. i would say that most employees are just staying there till they find something more sane.thats why the high turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dissapointed employee in Tampa, Florida

81 months ago

I Am LabCorp in Burlington, North Carolina said: IT SOUNDS LIKE WE WORK IN THE SAME OFFICE!

wow we are in florida and that pretty much sums up the average day working for labcorp. i have to add not only is the equipment ancient it doesn't workhalf the time. how about having no supplies to do the job with no gloves no needles and goodness, don't let someone request a butterfly thats a joke.no paper for the restrooms.no paper towels for the patients half the time we draw every one in pediatric tubes cause they refuse to keep the ports stocked.then they have the nerve to try and complain about customer service we are giving the patients. well maybe it would be easier to be nice if we actually had what we needed for a simple blood draw.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

not important in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

I worked for Lapcorp over 10 years, managers lie and back stab you and, employees gossip and back stab each other and
everyone gets into everyones bussiness. If your a pet to the
amnagers its all good but if not you better have eyes behind your head. We are limited on supplies, like butterflies.
I can keep going but we would be reading a very long story,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Wichita, Kansas

80 months ago

Unless you just enjoy abuse do not even consider working for this company. The management here has backstabbing down to a fine art. Happy hour at labcorp begins when your car is completely off the premises. Do yourself a favor and look anywhere else for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Buxxer in Tallahassee, Florida

79 months ago

dissapointed employee in Tampa, Florida said: stress stress and nore stress plenty of lies and backstabbers.no one gets along every one thinks they work harder than everyone else lots of gossiping espiacially the team leads and supervisors they do plot and gossip about thier employees.the more you do does not get you promoted or even notice. its just a job. i would say that most employees are just staying there till they find something more sane.thats why the high turnover.

Yep! Same here in Tallahassee...duck and cover, and hope something else comes along soon. That's what I'm doing, hoping to get away from them before I really have a nervous breakdown, cause I certainly am getting close.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Carrie in Kentucky said: No one else has commented on this "host" question... lol I wonder if any one from labcorp authorities that be read this... Maybe they should. Environment of labcorp: Every one is sweet and lovey dovey AT FIRST, but watch your back.

And THIS is the truth, like you wouldn't believe. Counting the days til I can leave, and hoping I get fired before I get disgusted and just walk out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vampiramary in davenport, Florida

79 months ago

A typical day at Labcorp? You ask. Is not an easy one at least for these 2 sites.(Leesburg/Tavares Fl) We work long hours without any breaks sometimes you don't get to have lunch.They call them 1 person sites and what a horror it is. You are there alone in a huge office. You see at least 70 patients a day. Your job includes running to the bank,Registration,processing the specimens,Paternity DNA,Drugscreens and Draws. 95 percent of the patients come in the morning and always in a hurry and rude about it. You have no right to speak up. The customer is always right. The afternoon is worse you have to ask whomever comes in to come with you to a secluded area to do the testing. You are constantly harrass and feel afraid. It is a accident waiting to happen but no one cares.When you complaint HR assures you nothing has ever happen and life goes on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Sam in Goshen, New York said: I contacted HR about several positions I applied for...They told me they don't accept faxed resumes, they only accept resumes from their web site when you apply to a specific job. I even walked myself into a PSC and hand delivered my resume and one of the girls there gave me a quick interview and said she'd fax my resume to HR. I told the HR rep all of this and she said, "well, that was very nice of her, but we only accept job applications/resumes through our website and if there's interest, we will contact you". I have many years experience and I have worked for their competition. I can't imagine why they never contacted me. That's just my story...

Believe me you don't want to work for this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

dissapointed employee in Tampa, Florida said: stress stress and nore stress plenty of lies and backstabbers.no one gets along every one thinks they work harder than everyone else lots of gossiping espiacially the team leads and supervisors they do plot and gossip about thier employees.the more you do does not get you promoted or even notice. its just a job. i would say that most employees are just staying there till they find something more sane.thats why the high turnover.

same here in orlando area HIGH TURNOVER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Buxxer in Tallahassee, Florida said: And THIS is the truth, like you wouldn't believe. Counting the days til I can leave, and hoping I get fired before I get disgusted and just walk out.

I DID WHAT ALMOST EVERYONE BEEN WANTING TO DO WALK OUT. THE PROBLEM WAS THEY HAD NO ONE TO COVER ME SO THE SITE CLOSED FROM 1 TO 4. I WAS SICK AND TIRE. HAD ENOUGH IN TAVARES,FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

mark in Wichita, Kansas said: Unless you just enjoy abuse do not even consider working for this company. The management here has backstabbing down to a fine art. Happy hour at labcorp begins when your car is completely off the premises. Do yourself a favor and look anywhere else for a job.

I'M WITH YOU.

Jack Offut in Anchorage, Alaska

79 months ago

Labcorp???? What a joke! Supervisors that don't do anything because they don't know how, or are afraid to ruffle feathers. Selective enforcement of company policies(I think you know what I mean), employees who shouldn't be employees... if I didn't need the job so bad, I would have said "sayonara" a long time ago... poor pay, benefits that cost way more than they should(and they aren't worth a crap to start with), if you bring a problem to someone's attention then you are viewed as a whiner and moaner, an employee with a bad attitude. Heaven forbid someone should try and take some action to resolve problems. I DO NOT have any labwork for myself or my family done at LabCorp... now what does that tell you about the company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

LOL sounds too familiar

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Well, it sounds as if LabCorppppppppppppp(accentuate the "P"), maintains a solid level consistency, regarding its inconsistencies. Geez, hey that sounded pretty good... maybe I will be promoted soon! Nah, we know better than that...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Heard from a friend in Louisville, KY... LC is closing down the whole lab except for Cyto and Histo... other essentials remain... HR, CSR etc... Merry Christmas for the 100 of so people losing their jobs in December. LabCorp... we think of our employees... as disposable, dispensable and just plain crap... Best wishes to all in KY as they pursue new endeavors...

LabCorp... we inspire our employees... to look for new jobs!

JO

Janie Mosley in Sadieville, Kentucky

79 months ago

Stallion, Chantilly, VA in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Wow. I read your comment and had to respond. I work for "Quest" and I agree with everything you just said. My company was voted "One of the Best Companies to Work For". People in lower level jobs can't believe it. Because the processing depts are operated like factories. Its hard work and it takes a certain work discipline to get you through. Its definitely not for everyone.

If Quest was voted one of the BEST....I don't want to see the rest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anon

78 months ago

it was baaaad. i worked as a phlebotomist and some of the other employees started spreading rumors about me, which happens everywhere and cant really be helped. I dont blame them for that.

however, the way i found out about the rumor was that my boss spread the rumor to other employees and one of them told me. I went to my boss about it(seems like they should have talked to me instead of the other way around), and they tried to convince me that what i heard was not what was actually said about me.

a review comes up and the HR representative repeated the rumor to me exactly as i heard it the first time(so basically i got lied to when i confronted my boss), apparently my manager told hr before talking to me.

employees who were friendly with one of my supervisors got to sit around and talk instead of working.

our supervisor informed us of a compliance inspection that we werent supposed to know about and everyone hurried to fix all the things that were wrong beforehand.

yeah, not a good place at all.

shara in Arlington, Virginia

78 months ago

clyde in Mobile, Alabama said: Has anyone that works at or has worked at labcorp ever contacted human resource about a problem they had and if so what was the out come

Yes, the new manager committed fraud. Actually, compliance was called. They contacted HR. An investigation ensued. And low and behold, she's still there. They covered for her. Why I don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri -Patient of doctor in NC who uses in Knightdale, North Carolina

78 months ago

I went to a dermaologist in NC who uses Labcorp to process their biopsies. I have never had a history of abnormal moles and suddenly, after 4 biopsies, I get a lab report from Labcorp that tells me that all 4 moles are atypical and the lab report recommends surgical removal. This alarmed me and made me wonder if this lab could be inaccurate or if there are any political dealings, or other behavioural practices that could have resulted in a mis-leading or inaccurate report.

Can any of you respond with enlightening info?

I dont want to have 4 unnecessary surgeries. What faith do you have in their labwork findings?

Honeydew in Graham, North Carolina

78 months ago

Average day, working your butt off for very little. Putting up with a bunch of nonsense. Certain people getting away with things.

Average wear. Scrubs or jeans and a t shirt

Honeydew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Jeans and a t shirt? Heh...not in Tallahasee...scrubs...or "business attire"...which you still have to cover up with a lab coat, of course.

The rest, though, is spot on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DampYankee in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

My sister-in-law worked for them for 30 years...she got great reviews, etc. Then, one day, they lay her off, giving her the reason that her job was a "degreed job" and that was it.

Sounds more like to me that they wanted someone younger in the job...

I don't know about culture, but that was pretty crappy to do that to her after that much service time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Whatever23 in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

Ah, LabCorp... Where else can one go to be overworked, underpaid, unappreciated & be offered the worst benefit package of any company tied to the medical profession in America?
Three years there was more than enough for me. Severe lack of communication between management and workers, finger-pointing & trickle-down blame on a daily basis, and constant kvetching about pulling together as a team with no effort whatsoever put behind the concept. I don't believe I've ever worked for a company that was more deaf, dumb & blind to its own internal failings than LabCorp.
Their biggest problem is leadership. Or lack thereof. Having seen firsthand the bumbling chaos that passes for managerial decision-making from their HQ in Burlington, and having also spoken to a number of people nation-wide who swear on their grandmother's Bibles that they would NEVER go to LabCorp for any kind of testing, even as a last resort - one must come to the very sad conclusion that they are a company on a rapid downward spiral. And as their descent worsens & becomes faster with gravity, their upper-echelon incompetence will no doubt cause massive self-destruction & they'll become easy pickings for their competitors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Quinn Burdick in louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

So tell us how you realy feel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sheryl in flemington in flemington, New Jersey

77 months ago

did you work in raritan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sheryl in flemington in flemington, New Jersey

77 months ago

anybody from Labcorp alive out there to answer the questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cal97 in Kentucky

71 months ago

I am currently employed by labcorp and let me tell you it is like living a hellish nightmare day in day out. They keep us horribly understaffed and expect us to keep up with the constant growth of business. We already only are able to spend about 40 seconds per specimen, and let me tell you when a person has several diferent types of specimens per requisition it puts a strain upon you. They are constantly changing their hiring policies one day it is our fault for not going fast enough to warrant restaffing our open positions, and then they change gears and tell us that it is more along the lines of a lottery, but nobody tells you how to play their games. We are worked like dogs while our supervisor hides in her office to keep from having to do any work herself, because she claims that she is not a part of production and she does not have to do the work of her minions. I like to think of it like a sinking ship and she is the captain, well she is the first to bail the disaster instead of trying to save it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cal97 in Kentucky

71 months ago

The healthcare benefits are horrible. They offer United Healthcare which is horrible, but think about it at this level they just signed a multi-billion dollar deal with United to be their main testing lab. I wonder how many people from each corporation benefited with this little bushwhacking they gave us, because it certainly was not the employee, because we get the substandard health care plans from United health.

stagod in Belgrade, Serbia

71 months ago

is every single employee of both labcorp and quest equally miserable and dissatisfied with their employers? it is true that there is only a handful of my colleagues at labcorp i would trust with my specimen, but the majority of workers (supervisors and pathologists included) - and those are usually the ones that complain about the working environment - are either not really good at what they do or simply not doing their job to the best of their abilities for whatever reason. maybe you should consider changing the industry, since, the fact is, there are no other players in this game but labcorp and quest any more (hospital labs simply cannot cope with the amount of work out there)...

71 months ago

yes, a colleague of mine, and she got what she wanted in a second.

71 months ago

Sheri -Patient of doctor in NC who uses in Knightdale, North Carolina said: I went to a dermaologist in NC who uses Labcorp to process their biopsies. I have never had a history of abnormal moles and suddenly, after 4 biopsies, I get a lab report from Labcorp that tells me that all 4 moles are atypical and the lab report recommends surgical removal. This alarmed me and made me wonder if this lab could be inaccurate or if there are any political dealings, or other behavioural practices that could have resulted in a mis-leading or inaccurate report.

Can any of you respond with enlightening info?

I dont want to have 4 unnecessary surgeries. What faith do you have in their labwork findings?

you can ask for your specimen and have it read by another pathologist outside labcorp. any political dealing that might be going on is that the pathologist saw changes they couldn't identify so they chickened out, called it atypical hoping that when removed they will have the opportunity to examine it better. i don't think, however, that is the case, since there were four different specimens, so there is less likelihood of them being wrong. in any case, mole removal is usually not a complicated procedure, it is an outpatient procedure, and depending on the size and type of mole, should not leave major scars or cause any other problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

paul diamond in San Diego, California

70 months ago

LabCorp in my experience typically overworks their employees and does not value their customers. Every time that I have got blood taken from a lab corp office in Souther California, the average wait time is 45 mins. The waiting rooms are completely filled, stuffy and hot. If the company had respect for its employees and its customers, then it would staff it facilities such that the wait time was reduced and the employee stress was reduced.

If the company consistently treats its employees and customers with little regard to their needs then I can only imagine that the culture at the company reflects this as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ilovethisplace in New Jersey

70 months ago

I enjoy the job that I do but the people I work with are another story. I work with two miserable women in a psc. One has been with the company for quite some time and she feels as if she's our boss and has this no company policy applies to me attitude. She hides the butterfly needles from us as if she's paying for them herself. She takes it upon herself to order supplies, but does that when she's good and ready to do it. There have been quite a few times where we had to borrow supplies from other psc's because she didn't place our order in time. She's extremely rude to new patients, but kisses the a$$es of the patients she's had for years.. and the list goes on. The other woman is absolutely disgusting, I remember being told in my phlebotomy class that I would come across people doing unsanitary things at work, but she takes the cake. She does urine transfers bare handed, spills the urine and doesn't clean it up. The other day I walked in on her transferring serum from one tube to another once again bare handed. Hand washing does not exist to her. I've seen her go eat lunch and as soon as she's finished she'll take tubes of blood from the centrifuge with no gloves on, bag the tubes, then go back to her desk. There is constant bickering between the two of them, one points the finger at the other for any errors instead of working together to solve it. Sometimes it's so bad I have to go to the back room in our office just to get away from it. They answer the phone when they feel like it, if it's slow and the three of us are sitting there with nothing to do and the phone rings the two of them will sit there and let it ring. If I go to answer the phone, they tell me not to answer or look at me like I just committed a crime if I do. This is just some of the bs I put up with on a daily basis. I don't want to quit cause I like my job, but I am considering a transfer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

saturn in Trinity, North Carolina

70 months ago

none today

Jarp in Kansas City, Missouri

68 months ago

LABCORP IS A TOTAL FRAUD FROM LAB RESULTS TO EMPLOYEE RIGHTS. THEY DO NOT GIVE ACCURATE TEST RESULTS, AND DON'T CARE. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $ . THEY ARE CONTINUALLY NON COMPLIANT. EMPLOYEES NEED TO FORM A UNION AND HAVE SOME RIGHTS. TURN OVER IS CONTINUAL FROM MANAGEMENT ON DOWN. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING FOR A JOB OR UTILIZING FOR SPECIMEN COLLECTION OR TESTING. IT'S A MISMANAGED MESS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jarp in Kansas City, Missouri

68 months ago

Whatever23 in Phoenix, Arizona said: Ah, LabCorp... Where else can one go to be overworked, underpaid, unappreciated & be offered the worst benefit package of any company tied to the medical profession in America?
Three years there was more than enough for me. Severe lack of communication between management and workers, finger-pointing & trickle-down blame on a daily basis, and constant kvetching about pulling together as a team with no effort whatsoever put behind the concept. I don't believe I've ever worked for a company that was more deaf, dumb & blind to its own internal failings than LabCorp.
Their biggest problem is leadership. Or lack thereof. Having seen firsthand the bumbling chaos that passes for managerial decision-making from their HQ in Burlington, and having also spoken to a number of people nation-wide who swear on their grandmother's Bibles that they would NEVER go to LabCorp for any kind of testing, even as a last resort - one must come to the very sad conclusion that they are a company on a rapid downward spiral. And as their descent worsens & becomes faster with gravity, their upper-echelon incompetence will no doubt cause massive self-destruction & they'll become easy pickings for their competitors.

IT'S ALL TRUE....I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

You hit the nail on the head. Labcorp???? What a joke! Most Supervisors don't do anything because they don't know how. The pay sucks and so do the so called benefits. I'm a former employee and believe me everything that's said on this site goes on. I was a floater and everywhere I went I encounter the same thing. Overworked employees and understaffed sites,Employees that hid supplies and taught their site was the most efficient.(BUTTERFLIES and not so efficient). I had never worked for a company that had so little respect for their employees. I got news for all that still work for labcorp. Labcorp does NOT care about you. They set-up the one person sites which are very dangerous. Here in Florida I know personally some sites where the employees were robbed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.