Lenovo Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Lenovo?

What do you like best about working at Lenovo? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

employee in Cary, North Carolina

107 months ago

Don't get me wrong! Here are the facts

Salary depends on your experience (most of the time they put you in lower band than you might deserve). Bonuses are part of manager's decision, it as all based on a silly statistical calculation that depends on the company's profit. Ultimately the aim is they want to pay as little as possible as bonus.

When it was a IBM company, the benefits were good. But after the spin off or buy out it is like any other normal company, not the best or better of what the industry standard gives nowadays

For travel part, if you are a sales or other executive then better learn chinese

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

George in Durham, North Carolina

106 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Lenovo?

What do you like best about working at Lenovo? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

As a former employee whose job was offshored to Brazil I can tell you that Lenovo is no great shakes and unless you are a member of the old boys club be prepared to lose your job at the next downturn in business. Salary is not particularly competitive and benefits are continually trimmed. Good comment about learning Chinese. Also Spanish and Portugese.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Clayton, North Carolina

105 months ago

Not sure on benefits on this one. Doesn't sound good from other posters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

bob sacamanno in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Lenovo? Well,let me just say that I left Lenomo several months ago and was dancing in the street! They have sales reps their who finish at 170% without ever picking up a phone to call. It is luck of the draw regarding the territory they get and most ride the backs of their field reps. You could train a monkey to do inside sales there. Very immature people with no sales experience and they hire people from Target, Bruegger's Bagels and Best Buy. I know several people that left and were very happy, but now we are all receiving letters claiming that we owe Lenomo back pay! Sounds like there Finance Department and bookkeepers are about as sharp as everybody else there. Clueless!

= LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!! The place is a joke and I would rather pick strawberries for a living.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bob sacamanno in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

Avoid this company at all costs if you are an experienced professional. They have no idea what they are doing, cannot decide on Direct or Indirect model. Secondly, the people that work there are pretty nice but have no experience. They actually have a $5000 Notebook they are Marketing to CEO's? What's next? A Notebook for Joe the Plumber. Wouldn't put it past Nolovo.
I predict that they will have mass layoffs in Morrisville within 6 months. They are not gaining marketshare in the U.S. and don't have good leadership at the top!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.