How to get a job at Lexis Nexis.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Lexis Nexis? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

ggggggg in Columbus, Ohio

70 months ago

a

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt Smyth in Phoenix, Arizona

70 months ago

I started at Lexis 15 years ago working as an off-shift editor and moving up to a systems engineer, then senior systems engineer and finally a team lead position for internal support. Feel free to drop me an email and I'd be happy to give you some ideas, but keep in mind Lexis is going through some outsourcing right now eliminating many positions including my own. Having said that, the folks working there are terrific and if you can get a position there, you will find it challenging and potentially very rewarding.

Ramone C in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

I am curious about Lexis if you are still offering some advice. What is a good way to contact you? Thanks.

PGPeter in Orlando, Florida

63 months ago

Matt Smyth in Phoenix, Arizona said: I started at Lexis 15 years ago working as an off-shift editor and moving up to a systems engineer, then senior systems engineer and finally a team lead position for internal support. Feel free to drop me an email and I'd be happy to give you some ideas, but keep in mind Lexis is going through some outsourcing right now eliminating many positions including my own. Having said that, the folks working there are terrific and if you can get a position there, you will find it challenging and potentially very rewarding.

Matt - I am currently researching a sales position at Lexisnexis - would there be anyone you could put in contact with in order to better prepare for a possible interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

PGPeter in Orlando, Florida said: Matt - I am currently researching a sales position at Lexisnexis - would there be anyone you could put in contact with in order to better prepare for a possible interview?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone in sales - I would recommend checking LinkedIn or facebook and searching for folks who work at Lexis or Reed Elsevier - (parent company) and dropping them a note. Having said that I must add the company is hitting a rough patch right now with MANY highly qualified people with 15-20 years of time at the company being let go. I'd be very cautious accepting a position at Lexis/Reed Elsevier right now. The sales department might be fine though. My knowledge is more in IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Ramone C in Houston, Texas said: I am curious about Lexis if you are still offering some advice. What is a good way to contact you? Thanks.

Ramone - If you post me an email address I will drop you a line or call you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.