LG Electronics News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does LG Electronics stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Factual in Staten Island, New York

93 months ago

The position of Sr. Mktg. Communications Manager was a Communications Manager's position one year ago. It was advertised again last week. Only two weeks ago, it was advertised as a Communications Manager's position requiring about five years' experience. I interviewed with LG last year and, after doing so, spoke with a former LG employee, who had been my former co-worker at another company. He told me that LG is a revolving door and that employee morale is extremely poor. He left after less than a year of employment because of LG's toxic environment. At that time, he said that it was a company in a state of confusion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eve in San Diego, California

77 months ago

My friend just started - as an animation designer - she really likes it! However, he works crazy hours - you get a deadline right before 5pm & you must meet the deadline. Meaning, you work 12 hour shifts!

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does LG Electronics stack up against the competition?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dy in San Diego, California

76 months ago

I was called last week by one of HR from LG for User Interface Engineer position. I was wondering if anyone knows what expect in this interview as far as the questions they might asked. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beenthere in Brossard, Quebec

16 months ago

Factual in Staten Island, New York said: The position of Sr. Mktg. Communications Manager was a Communications Manager's position one year ago. It was advertised again last week. Only two weeks ago, it was advertised as a Communications Manager's position requiring about five years' experience. I interviewed with LG last year and, after doing so, spoke with a former LG employee, who had been my former co-worker at another company. He told me that LG is a revolving door and that employee morale is extremely poor. He left after less than a year of employment because of LG's toxic environment. At that time, he said that it was a company in a state of confusion.
It is just the same in Toronto Canada. I have worked for the service department for 3 years and I witnessed total confusion. the incompetence of management is amazing. One wonders how they got the jobs. Pretty much everyone suffers from extreme lazyness. If you have half a brain you are already too smart and you won`t last because they just don`t like employees who have a difference of opinion. But if you decide to take the job remember to shut your mouth and pretend all is fine. My opinion is that LG Canada will be soon moving to the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Never want to do it again... in Huntsville, Alabama

8 months ago

LG is a slow sinking ship. They expect salary employees to work 18 hour shifts/6 days a week. They treat non-Korean employees as if they are invaluable to the company. Korean employees are often the first to be promoted and are always the highest paid. Upper management spends more time trying to find out "what happened" than making changes to ensure "it" doesn't happen again. Contractors are poorly paid and expected to be "loyal" to a company who refuses to pay fair wages for all of the work they do. They are in COMPLETE denial about the issues with their cheap parts, and the fact that most of the workers in parts do not speak or read English very well.....which is the reason for all of the bad parts shipments!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.