Liberty Mutual Background Check question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Overthinking in Baltimore

3 months ago

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me. It's similar to other things I've seen posted in this forum but nobody has asked them in awhile so maybe processes have changed.

I have been waiting approximately three weeks now for liberty mutual to update me on the status of my application. I passed the phone screen and was interviewed in person. A manager called me and offered me a position as a Customer Claims representative and told me the offer was contingent on passing background. I was told the process would take approximately two weeks.

I received confirmation that the background check had come back and got my copy of the report. Liberty was unable to contact one of my former employers and asked me to send a W2 and pay stubs to verify a timeline which I did. This was on a Tuesday and I received a response Wednesday morning of week three that the paperwork had been received.

It is now Friday afternoon closing in on 5 pm and I still have not heard anything. I emailed the recruiter last Friday who told me she would let me know if and when she heard something. I'm not sure if paranoia is setting in or this is just typical process for a larger company.

Can anyone else shed some light on this for me? The background check did state they were waiting for a letter to be mailed to my former employer to verify employment but I thought my W2 would be sufficient to continue the process.

Thanking you all for any and all help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.