Skeptical About Interview With Liberty Mutual

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jasp in Columbia, Maryland

11 months ago

Hi, today I received a phone call to have a face to face interview with liberty mutual this week. But for some reason I felt uneasy and was thrown off by the call. First when I answered the phone the recruiter was in mid conversation with someone else. When she realized I had answered the phone she finally said "hello." But she went on to say that she saw my resume online and that she wanted me to come in for an interview. Knowing that I had not applied for a job with liberty mutual I asked her what jobs I would be interviewed for and all she could tell was some management job with sales and an administrative job that dealt with data entry. I think she could tell that I was taken back and she went on to say that Mr. Somebody (I forgot his name), the hiring manager, wanted to see which job I would be a better fit for. Something about this just screams scam to me.

My issue is that the job is located is in Houston, tx (I plan on relocating there) but I haven't officially moved yet. Right now I'm in MD and I'm not sure if I should take the interview b/c I kind of feel like it would be a complete waste of time and money to fly to Houston; being that I did not apply to any of these postings and I don't even know what I'm interviewing for. I am a recent college grad and desperately seeking work BUT since I'm so far away I'm only interested in serious interviews. To add to that I've been contacted multiple times by insurance companies about discussing my resume and scheduling interviews but they all had something to do with selling insurance which I'm not interested in. I'm a recent grad with an accounting degree. I'm thinking about calling her back and trying to schedule a phone interview...but what do you all think? What would you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prept in Washington, District of Columbia

11 months ago

jasp in Columbia, Maryland said: Hi, today I received a phone call to have a face to face interview with liberty mutual this week. But for some reason I felt uneasy and was thrown off by the call. First when I answered the phone the recruiter was in mid conversation with someone else. When she realized I had answered the phone she finally said "hello." But she went on to say that she saw my resume online and that she wanted me to come in for an interview. Knowing that I had not applied for a job with liberty mutual I asked her what jobs I would be interviewed for and all she could tell was some management job with sales and an administrative job that dealt with data entry. I think she could tell that I was taken back and she went on to say that Mr. Somebody (I forgot his name), the hiring manager, wanted to see which job I would be a better fit for. Something about this just screams scam to me.

My issue is that the job is located is in Houston, tx (I plan on relocating there) but I haven't officially moved yet. Right now I'm in MD and I'm not sure if I should take the interview b/c I kind of feel like it would be a complete waste of time and money to fly to Houston; being that I did not apply to any of these postings and I don't even know what I'm interviewing for. I am a recent college grad and desperately seeking work BUT since I'm so far away I'm only interested in serious interviews. To add to that I've been contacted multiple times by insurance companies about discussing my resume and scheduling interviews but they all had something to do with selling insurance which I'm not interested in. I'm a recent grad with an accounting degree. I'm thinking about calling her back and trying to schedule a phone interview...but what do you all think? What would you do?

Does the recruiter know that you are in Maryland? A phone call for a first interview is fairly common so it isn't unreasonable for you to ask for that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Springfield, MA in Springfield, Massachusetts

7 months ago

I went through the interview process and was just hired. There are jobs available at Liberty Mutual. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.