WAITING 2 WEEKS FOR BACKGROUND CHECK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

bulls in Batavia, Illinois

21 months ago

It has been exactly 2 weeks since my background check has been submitted to LM. I called last week and they said it is almost done and i should hear by this week... still nothing! I have never had to wait more than 48 hours for a background check, but over 2 weeks is asinine How are you supposed to plan your life around waiting to see if you got the job or not! Im losing my mind waiting. I passed the phone interview, went in for the 4 hour interview which i passed, then was told the background check is to be started and once that is complete a formal offer is to be given.. I was sure I had the job, but now Im questioning it. I know my background is perfect; no credit problems, no criminal record, all work history is clean. But all this waiting can not do anything but make you second guess your own background!

I guess what I'm getting at here is; has anyone else waited this long and gotten a response back with a job offer from liberty mutual???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bulls in Geneva, Illinois

21 months ago

UPDATE!

WIthing a half hour of writing this I was called and given a official job offer for the position with Liberty!

:)

Waited 2 weeks exactly to hear back, but worth the wait!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dmh in Charlotte, North Carolina

16 months ago

bulls in Geneva, Illinois said: UPDATE!

WIthing a half hour of writing this I was called and given a official job offer for the position with Liberty!

:)

Waited 2 weeks exactly to hear back, but worth the wait!!

Curious-how are you liking it so far? I have an offer elsewhere that Ive accepted but finally landed an interview withi LM after trying for 2 years! It would be more money but hate the idea of returning to claims due to the stress and workload.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bulls in Villa Park, Illinois

16 months ago

Hi!

The best company ive ever worked for, already moving up to a new position soon. Tons of benefits, rewards and recognition. I plan on staying with the company a long time. Yes the workload is high but the payoffs are better.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

dmh in Charlotte, North Carolina

16 months ago

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

bulls in Batavia, Illinois said: It has been exactly 2 weeks since my background check has been submitted to LM. I called last week and they said it is almost done and i should hear by this week... still nothing! I have never had to wait more than 48 hours for a background check, but over 2 weeks is asinine How are you supposed to plan your life around waiting to see if you got the job or not! Im losing my mind waiting. I passed the phone interview, went in for the 4 hour interview which i passed, then was told the background check is to be started and once that is complete a formal offer is to be given.. I was sure I had the job, but now Im questioning it. I know my background is perfect; no credit problems, no criminal record, all work history is clean. But all this waiting can not do anything but make you second guess your own background!

I guess what I'm getting at here is; has anyone else waited this long and gotten a response back with a job offer from liberty mutual???

Hi, do you happen to remember if Liberty Mutual uses an outside service for their background screening? If so, who do they use?

Thank you much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bulls in Naperville, Illinois

15 months ago

Anonymous in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi, do you happen to remember if Liberty Mutual uses an outside service for their background screening? If so, who do they use?

Thank you much!

Hi!

Yes they use a 3rd party vendor named "lexus nexus".

Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pluto in orlando, Florida

14 months ago

Bulls, thats really weird because im also in the process for the background check but i got my offer before the check was completed. What was your report like from them? Im curious exactly what do they look at when conducting these things.

Lynn in Saint Louis, Missouri

14 months ago

I just accepted an offer from Liberty Mutual and Im super excited! Waiting on the background check to come back and they told me it would be 7-10 days. The manager already gave me the start date which is like in 2 weeks! I have not given notice yet because I am waiting on the Background to come back! I know its fine, but Im not jumping the gun until I am 100%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan in Englewood, Colorado

14 months ago

I removed myself from candidacy. 5 step process for a job that doesn't even allow residuals that's the whole point of selling ins. And then you get to spend your nights and weekends manning boths begging for leads, adios.

Dan in Englewood, Colorado

14 months ago

Lynn in Saint Louis, Missouri said: I just accepted an offer from Liberty Mutual and Im super excited! Waiting on the background check to come back and they told me it would be 7-10 days. The manager already gave me the start date which is like in 2 weeks! I have not given notice yet because I am waiting on the Background to come back! I know its fine, but Im not jumping the gun until I am 100%

Smart make sure you are green light before giving notice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mamta in Naperville, Illinois

12 months ago

I have been applying at liberty Mutual and have heard of excellent work culture and the opportunities they give to interns. Hope I get mine too

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.