WAITING FOR RESPONSE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

OPTIMISTICJMG in BRONX, New York

39 months ago

HELLO TO ALL,
I APPLIED FOR A POSITION ON A WED. DID THE PHONE INTERVIEW ON THURSDAY AND WENT IN FOR A FACE TO FACE ON FRIDAY 7/8, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INTERVIEW I WAS SENT AN EMAIL WITH CONSENT FORMS FOR THE BACKGROUND CHECK. I WAS ADVISED THAT THE PROCESS TAKES 3 WEEKS. THE FOLLOWING WEEK I WAS CONTACTED BY A RECRUITER SAYING THAT THEY COULDNT VERIFY MY HS EDUCATION OR A PREVIOUS EMPLOYER BUT I CAN FAX THE PROOF... I DID THAT.. SHE THEN CALLED AND SAID SHE DIDNT RECIEVE A PAGE SO I HAD TO REFAX. SHE THEN CALLED ME AFTER RECIEVING THE DOCUMENT ADN ASKED IF SOMEONE CONTACTED ME WITH AN OFFICIAL START DATE I SAID NO AND SHE SAID I SHOULD BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE NEXT DAY OR SO.. I HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM ANYONE.. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? SHOULD I JUST GIVE IT UP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

mctaylor1217@gmail.com

38 months ago

Have you heard from Liberty Mutual? I am in the same boat waiting on a callback. I have emailed the recruiter and she keeps saying that she will be in touch. I have recieved a call from a lady saying that I am on the hiring list. Please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

AMK in Binghamton, New York

38 months ago

Liberty Mutual sounds very unorganized and unprofessional...I know we're all anxious to work, but be cautious.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

About to take another offer in Peoria, Arizona

37 months ago

OPTIMISTICJMG in BRONX, New York said: HELLO TO ALL,
I APPLIED FOR A POSITION ON A WED. DID THE PHONE INTERVIEW ON THURSDAY AND WENT IN FOR A FACE TO FACE ON FRIDAY 7/8, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INTERVIEW I WAS SENT AN EMAIL WITH CONSENT FORMS FOR THE BACKGROUND CHECK. I WAS ADVISED THAT THE PROCESS TAKES 3 WEEKS. THE FOLLOWING WEEK I WAS CONTACTED BY A RECRUITER SAYING THAT THEY COULDNT VERIFY MY HS EDUCATION OR A PREVIOUS EMPLOYER BUT I CAN FAX THE PROOF... I DID THAT.. SHE THEN CALLED AND SAID SHE DIDNT RECIEVE A PAGE SO I HAD TO REFAX. SHE THEN CALLED ME AFTER RECIEVING THE DOCUMENT ADN ASKED IF SOMEONE CONTACTED ME WITH AN OFFICIAL START DATE I SAID NO AND SHE SAID I SHOULD BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE NEXT DAY OR SO.. I HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM ANYONE.. WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? SHOULD I JUST GIVE IT UP?

Interesting to say the least. Sorry to say but I am relieved to see I am not the only one. Had phone interview, received email to start background paperwork, had 2.5 hour interview with two separate managers, sat with a rep to see the actual job, took test. Have since been emailed from east coast hr that my background has cleared and they are sending the "eligible for hire" email to the hiring team. That was almost two weeks ago! Process so far is almost 4 weeks!! Recruiter replies by email stating that they haven't made any decisions yet...still going through first round of interviews. Training doesn't actually start for another month but unclear why a decision takes this long...or longer?? Have been offered another opportunity today but would hate to start somewhere else as LM was top on my list. Makes me think it isn't meant to be. Pretty inconsiderate and all signs point to disorganization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Webschri in Lindenhurst, New York

34 months ago

I applied on line for the position...had 3 interviews over the phone.....initialy the salary was posted to $75,000 after interviewing I was told that was wrong and that they really wanted to bring it in at $68,000...but they had an excellent "package" with 29 days combo time (they don't have it divided into vacation, personal or sick time) When I went for the face to face, the salary was now 65,000.....("because they wanted to be able to give raises...... Otherwise it bad for morale"???????....I thought that statement was bizzare)the 29 days became 19, health insurance started 1st day but it was 20/80% split and I could not get the info as to whether there was a ceiling and what is was.......when I advised this is a lot different from what I had been told.... I was told that the information I had received was a mistake and I was reminded in a round about way that I lived close to the office. I was told to f/u with the recruiter. Since it was a Friday, I called the fllowing week, she did not answer the phone or return my call. Not that it really mattered because if I got the job I was visions accepting one salary and package, only to open my pay check and find something else. The whole process was very disconserting. I found it hard to believe that such a big company could be so inconsistant. Theere was also a trust factor there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

go8o2@aol.com in Lindenhurst, New York

34 months ago

I applied on line for the position...had 3 interviews over the phone.....initialy the salary was posted to $75,000 after interviewing I was told that was wrong and that they really wanted to bring it in at $68,000...but they had an excellent "package" with 29 days combo time (they don't have it divided into vacation, personal or sick time) When I went for the face to face, the salary was now 65,000.....("because they wanted to be able to give raises...... Otherwise it bad for morale"???????....I thought that statement was bizzare)the 29 days became 19, health insurance started 1st day but it was 20/80% split and I could not get the info as to whether there was a ceiling and what is was.......when I advised this is a lot different from what I had been told.... I was told that the information I had received was a mistake and I was reminded in a round about way that I lived close to the office. I was told to f/u with the recruiter. Since it was a Friday, I called the fllowing week, she did not answer the phone or return my call. Not that it really mattered because if I got the job I was visions accepting one salary and package, only to open my pay check and find something else. The whole process was very disconserting. I found it hard to believe that such a big company could be so inconsistant. There was also a trust factor there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Gabriele in Saratoga Springs, New York

31 months ago

What type of questions did they ask in the inperson interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

magnifico in Phoenix, Arizona

31 months ago

I have worked here as a temp. I found that for the most part the HR department stinks. As a whole the company is pretty unreliable and at the end of the day you are just a number. I have known a handful of people that have applied, interviewed a few times and then do not even get a call back about what is going on. Seems like if you can waste your time to interview a few times they should atleast be polite and let you know what is going on. Anything that starts like that is not worth finishing and it is certainly not a good company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.