Went through a gruesome 4 HOUR interview process and the recruiter NEVER called me back.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Chrissy284 in Worcester, Massachusetts

24 months ago

So this is what my experience was like applying for Liberty Mutual customer claims rep position. I had a phone interview and that was fine. Then I go in for 4 hours straight to first meet with two managers at once and they fired SO many questions at you...behavioral questions one after another. Then you do a written assessment and then a computer one. After that you watch someone do the job and if all this wasn't already torturous enough you then meet with ANOTHER manager who asks you a ton of questions after all this. So then after spending 4 hours of my day there they couldn't even tell me when I'd hear something. A couple days later I get a GENERIC REJECTION LETTER through EMAIL...that's right...through email. I called the recruiter because I wanted FEEDBACK and he never called me back. I mean come on you spend your whole day there and the company can't even give you the respect and courtesy to give you feedback and tell you why they didn't hire you. What a HORRIBLE company. Just TERRIBLE. I personally have a bachelors degree and 5 YEARS of work experience in what they were looking for. And I answered all their questions and was very professional. I know that I am very qualified for that job and instead they made me feel horrible about myself...by not even thinking I was worth a call...only thing I was worth was a generic email. I'm glad I didn't get this job now. Would NEVER want to work for a company that treats people so DISRESPECTIVELY. STAY AWAY!!!

BTW they also lie about the job salarys on the website. They give you a big range of 34,000 to 50,000. Expect the LOW end...like $35,000. Such a deceiving company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Grumpy in Idaho Falls, Idaho

7 months ago

Wow! Your experience sounds EXACTLY like mine! Every detail! I was actually in a group of candidates who all had zero insurance experience and no insurance licenses (which I have and have had for years). But, they were all minority females, which I'm not. The e-mail is such BS, too! "At this time we are pursuing candidates whose experience and qualifications more closely match the requirements..." Are you for real??? It is physically impossible for any candidate to be more qualified than someone who has been doing the IDENTICAL position for their biggest competitors for years! Besides, they already knew my experience and qualifications before they invited me to interview for 5 hours (in my case). All they didn't know about me was what I LOOK like!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

garfield0409 in Dayton, Ohio

3 months ago

This exactly describes my experience with the clowns that Liberty mutual calls managers. I have more than enough experience and the licenses they require. They bug you until you come in for the interview, keep you for hours, make you think it went great, then send you a rejection letter full of garbage and wont answet any questions about why they dont want you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

itsme in Montvale, New Jersey

2 months ago

Hi all, I don't work for LM and I can't say I'm well versed in how they handle their recruiting process, but I can tell you this is quite normal for a large company. I recruit for a large company and we have processes in place to send automated emails like that. You are typically in a candidate tracking system that we have to update with your status (offer, decline, etc) and once we click that decline button, an email is sent to the candidate automatically. We are also not legally allowed to give specific feedback, just general if it's absolutely needed, but with the amount of candidates that come through, that would take a lot of time. I wouldn't take it personally, it's just the way recruiting works anymore. You just have to remember there are probably 10 other candidates in your shoes who have made it that far for that position, plus the recruiter is working to fill several other jobs. They cannot feasibly call every candidate and give feedback as well as complete all of the other compliance work they do day to day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EmmaBee in Portland, Maine

2 months ago

itsme in Montvale, New Jersey said: Hi all, I don't work for LM and I can't say I'm well versed in how they handle their recruiting process, but I can tell you this is quite normal for a large company. I recruit for a large company and we have processes in place to send automated emails like that. You are typically in a candidate tracking system that we have to update with your status (offer, decline, etc) and once we click that decline button, an email is sent to the candidate automatically. We are also not legally allowed to give specific feedback, just general if it's absolutely needed, but with the amount of candidates that come through, that would take a lot of time. I wouldn't take it personally, it's just the way recruiting works anymore. You just have to remember there are probably 10 other candidates in your shoes who have made it that far for that position, plus the recruiter is working to fill several other jobs. They cannot feasibly call every candidate and give feedback as well as complete all of the other compliance work they do day to day.

-------------
As a candidate trying to get through the "Black Hole," aka Applicant Tracking System gridlock, I know that what you say is true. The hiring systems in use today are badly broken. HR people and hiring managers have just as bad a time with it as we do on the other side of the desk. ATS software does not screen for personality, only weights applicants by their keywords, which may or may not correctly depict them, but even if it does, so much important, human information is left out.

Too bad for companies and too bad for us, the people who make companies actual entities with living, breathing humans running them. It's a sad day in our society that we have let it come to this.

Makes a person want to give up, but that isn't the answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruby Slippers in Las Vegas, Nevada

2 months ago

EmmaBee in Portland, Maine said: -------------

Too bad for companies and too bad for us, the people who make companies actual entities with living, breathing humans running them. It's a sad day in our society that we have let it come to this.

Makes a person want to give up, but that isn't the answer.

Might get a whole lot worse. Read a book called "Lights In The Tunnel" by Martin Ford. He predicts a "possible" unemployment rate of 75% within 50 years.

So where are the jobs? Same place as the typewriter, the telephone booth and the telegram - all automated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.