How to get a job at Liberty Mutual.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 82 of 82)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

g.shyavitz@comcast.net in Derry, New Hampshire

56 months ago

I would like to know if a relocation package is ever offered for a 100 mile move, for a paralegal position or a similar position. I have many years experience as an attorney and also as an adjuster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

g.shyavitz@comcast.net in Derry, New Hampshire

56 months ago

I need to know if a relocation package would ever be offered for a 100 mile relocation for a position like a paralegal. I have many years of claims experience as both an attorney and as an adjuster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gerald shyavitz in salem, New Hampshire

56 months ago

Would Liberty pay any relocation expenses for a 100 mile move for a position like a paralegal. I have many years experience both as a managing attorney and as an adjuster.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

roamer09 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

Hello,

I worked at Liberty Mutual in the late 90s as a licensed CSR in the PA call center. I am very interested in returning to LM in this same position, or even a claims position. I know there are openings in the New Castle, PA call center and I have applied a few times but haven't heard from anyone. If there are any LM recruiters reading these posts, could you please help me and put me in touch with someone who may be able to grant me an interview?
Thank you!
R. Pacelli
mrcp64@verizon.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Cincinnati, Ohio

46 months ago

Is there anyone out there who had experience working as an agent with LM. I am interviewing this week for such a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JMP in Danvers, Massachusetts

46 months ago

Havig an interview with liberty mutuak as a cutomer service rep. ihave to take a test. anyone out there wgo has takien there test?

jmp2020@comcast .net in Danvers, Massachusetts

46 months ago

HAs any one taken the liberty mutual custmer service test out there. I am taking it on monday. I haven't a cluee whats it about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Rochester, New Hampshire

40 months ago

LC in Indianapolis, Indiana said: You are all wrong, these are legitimate jobs that are posted. You are all looking way more into this than its worth. Could it possibly be that you may not be what they are looking for? Its not a bad thing, you'd make more money and the perks would be better in a private firm anyways. Trust me you could not be more off in your statements and like I've stated these are actual positions are looking to be filled. They are not merely collecting resumes.

If they are real positions, then they are pre-selected from within, which is why you don't get any responses back. This is a wide spread practice within the federal government too, but they always seemed to get around the fact that it was an illegal activity. Face it, employers are able to do anything today and get away with it.

roamer09 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

Denise in Rochester, New Hampshire said: If they are real positions, then they are pre-selected from within, which is why you don't get any responses back. This is a wide spread practice within the federal government too, but they always seemed to get around the fact that it was an illegal activity. Face it, employers are able to do anything today and get away with it.

I'd have to agree. I worked for LM for a few years and left for another opportunity. I left in 1999 and have been trying to get back in. There are constant postings in my area and even though I was a former employee that left on good terms with good evaluations, I can't even get an interview. I know people who are still there and they tell me that LM is hiring younger 20-something workers who stay a few months and then leave. I am an older worker who is wanting to make a long-term commitment to working there again and I can't get the time of day from this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Rochester, New Hampshire

40 months ago

So true. It's too bad, because the older generation are more loyal to the employers, but the younger generation doing the hiring doesn't get it. We don't have children to have to run home to that are sick and have to be cared for, so we are more available. Someday they'll grow up and the same will happen to them, I HOPE! Our future leaders scare the dickens out of me as they haven't got a clue!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sylado in Tampa, Florida

37 months ago

WHAT in DALLAS, Texas said: I worked for Liberty Mutual. This is the worst job I have ever worked for in my life. The pay is the worst and the buddy system rules in this company. Most of the positions are given to people straight out of college like mentioned in some other posts. They train them and totally over look the people that have been working there for years, and want to move up. There is not much room to move up the ladder in this company, at least not for the little people. Liberty is way under staffed and the employees are way over worked. They opperate on a performance based system, but the measures are hard to meet, so you stay at the same pay rate more years than not. They offer a bonus at the end of the year, but again it is measured by what level your job title is and performance. The atmosphere is cold and gloomy, a very depressing atomosphere. A lot of the positions are filled before they are even posted, not even some of the employees know about the positions until it has been filled, because someone who has previledge to the information (a buddy) has refered a friend. The diversity is a joke. The little people to carry Libery Mutual through. It's awful.

Doom and gloom is an understatement!
I had worked there for close to a year, but was let go due to their attendance point system (abolished 1/12), at any rate my termination was a salvation from God.
Horrible supervisors, emphasis on production was ridiculous, training "mentors" sucked.
I said a prayer each time I got ready for work. Coming into work each day was like being reminded of coming closer to death.
Tread very carefully with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in NH in Framingham, Massachusetts

34 months ago

I was employed by LM in the Dover office and it was the worst 6 months of work I've had in my life! I came in with 15 plus years of experience with major Fortune 100 companies and was excited to join LM but it was a nightmare. Zero training, no focus on employee development and a boss out of the movie Horrible Bosses.

I was thrown into work I had no experience with and given ridiculous deadlines. After several discussions with HR and battles with my boss I quit rather than continue. Management was a joke and the turnover rate at this place was alarming, they mowed through people and didn't seem to care. I realized why they had so many open positions posted, they can't retain anyone. Be very careful with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

slbarnes in Sanford, Florida

34 months ago

isabel in Torrance, California said: Liberty Mutual what a joke. It seems to me they just collect resumes for fun. I mean are u hiring or not????? WTF.... I can only assume they have a bad turn around rate, due to all the job postings they advertise. That should tell u a lot about what type of employer they are. Advise for anyone submitting there resume, DON'T ur only wasting ur time.

I have applied with Liberty Mutual and after researching feel they are a very good insurance company, however I am sure they are swamped with hundreds of reply's to jobs. I always receive a reply to the position I inquire about. As with many others, I have a strong nursing background and also many years in health and life insurance sales....I no they have not offered me an iterview. I figure it's a numbers game and they want an exact fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Career Hunter CPCUer in East Hartford, Connecticut

33 months ago

justvisiting in Elkridge, Maryland said: Interesting. I submitted a resume online last Monday night. I got e-mail from HR on Tuesday and we're working on scheduling a phone interview.

I also submitted a resume and took an hour exam on Sunday, and the following Monday I received a call for a phone interview. In the past, though, I have applied for many positions at LM and received nothing. Luck of the draw--I chose a position for which there were several openings in Connecticut.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Flat broke in Austin, Texas

32 months ago

I was recently contacted by a lady from LM stating that they got my resume online. I was asked few simple questions and scheduled for an interview. Something about this screams scam to me. You see, my resume is 90% restaurant experience. I've never even been to college. They seemed interested that I have some managerial experience, but that was literally all they asked me about. Im absolutely desperate for any work I can get, but I doubt I can bluff my way into this business when there are hundreds of thousands of qualified people waiting in line ahead of me.

I'm just curious, why would they even contact me? Again, I think I smell a scam. Seeking employment is currently my full time job, and I'd rather not waste my time if possible

duexy in San Marcos, Texas

31 months ago

Flat broke in Austin, Texas said: I was recently contacted by a lady from LM stating that they got my resume online. I was asked few simple questions and scheduled for an interview. Something about this screams scam to me. You see, my resume is 90% restaurant experience. I've never even been to college . They seemed interested that I have some managerial experience, but that was literally all they asked me about. Im absolutely desperate for any work I can get, but I doubt I can bluff my way into this business when there are hundreds of thousands of qualified people waiting in line ahead of me.

I'm just curious, why would they even contact me? Again, I think I smell a scam. Seeking employment is currently my full time job, and I'd rather not waste my time if possible

Literally the same thing happened to me this morning. My resume has nothing but avionics experience on it but she did seem interested in my supervisor experience. I have an interview Wednesday morning and I'm wondering why they contacted me when my job experience doesn't really match what I figure an insurance company would be searching for.

31 months ago

I was called that my resume was received and set up a telephone interview with HR. The HR person does not know what insurance sales entails as I had to explain to her different terms I used. I think she felt my frustration and I got a drop-dead letter. Department Managers should to the interviewing. I have all the licenses and experience needed for the job but they axed me. Maybe you only need management skills and the company will teach you the rest. (insurance). Who knows? I have heard some bad things about LM that I consider reputable.

BostonLex in Sharon, Massachusetts

31 months ago

I suspect that LM has a sort of "black list". I was interviewed in March but the HR di seem to be interested in what I was telling her at all. I got an email immediately after that they were considering other candidates. Since that they posted tons of other Business Analyst position that I am a perfect fit for, BUT for all my submissions I am getting the same robot generated email that they consider other candidates. What is not funny is the fact that I went to the job fair in Boston and met face to face with their representatives. One of them seemed to be very interested, took my resume, and also gave me his direct email asking to list positions I would like them to consider me for. Guess what? I never heard from him. I even followed up but got his dead silence. I don't get it. I give up applying and wasting my time on them. It is their loss indeed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stilllooking in Cambridge, Massachusetts

30 months ago

"...can't possibly respond to all of them..."???!!! It is called an automated response email, something that is built into EVERY HR jobs database. Any hiring manager, with the touch of a button, can send out a mass rejection email to ALL who applied. The sad truth is even Fortune 100 companies such as this simply cannot be bothered to do this and it has become the norm across the board. Apathy, unprofessionalism rule in HR and I for one am infuriated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

30 months ago

I get it! Nothing in or out.........just like fort knox. I've spoken with a few LMers who left the company and they told me they were worked like dogs, paid in bones, and had to escape.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sylado in Tampa, Florida

30 months ago

FYI to posters - there is another company by the name of Liberty National which trolls job boards for resumes. Most of the positions are for sales. If someone reaches out to you from Liberty, make sure you differentiate between the 2 companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

krummage in Fort Mill, South Carolina

29 months ago

Professional Paralegal in Jacksonville, Florida said: Liberty Mutual is another one of those companies who keep reposting the same job or jobs over and over again, and never bother to respond or acknowledge in any fashion your submission of a resume or application to it. I am a highly experienced paralegal with a college degree, a legal education and 15+ years' experience in the field, and am very highly qualified for any number of positions this company has posted, but it has never once responded in any manner to my communications with it. I think these postings are not real jobs, but that the company just wants to harvest resumes for some reason.

Actually they are real postings. I filled out the online information and submitted my resume on Tuesday of this week and I was contacted today (Thursday) for a phone interview. I think if you have all the qualifications the job is looking for then you'd be contacted.

Lexus in Sharon, Massachusetts

29 months ago

Well maybe in SC they have real positions. But in Boston they are BS! I created a new account just to check my theory. I submitted a résumé that matched 70% word to word their job description and it's requirements. Guess what? Nothing. They keep posting the same position over and over since June. Don't tell me they can't find a Business Analyst in Boston area. This is not SC... ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lexus in Sharon, Massachusetts

29 months ago

Denise in Rochester, New Hampshire said: If they are real positions, then they are pre-selected from within, which is why you don't get any responses back. This is a wide spread practice within the federal government too, but they always seemed to get around the fact that it was an illegal activity. Face it, employers are able to do anything today and get away with it.

Cannot agree more! They take advantage of "bad economy" and tell employees that they have to shut up and be grateful they have a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Quincy, Massachusetts

26 months ago

I just finished my second year in the Legal department for Liberty Mutual and I love working there. I don't get all the griping about pay/vacation/benefits because I'm satisfied with mine. I was hired as a temp off a posting on Monster for a 3 month assignment, they hired me full time after 2 months and after 9 months I took a promotion (from a vacated position, but still). Work hard there and you will be rewarded, all you people who expect things handed to you are ridiculous. I got a 6% raise after my first year end evaluation and expect a similar one in March. Awards are given out periodically by managers based on merit, I have received two so far - you pick from a catalogue, I picked a Kindle Fire and a necklace that retails for $350.

Bottom line, work hard and be rewarded. I think Liberty is a great company to work for and all the complainers either had the wrong skills, wrong attitude or both.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Salem, New Hampshire

22 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Liberty Mutual? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I have twice been approached (I did not approach them) by recruiters for Liberty Mutual in Dover. First phone interview was scheduled, but the interviewer never called, no explanation. The recruiter explained that Liberty Mutual had some problem with their "scheduling software." Next, I was called in for a face to face interview. I drove an hour to their office in Dover, only to wait and wait. The named interviewer never showed up, and I had the sense that even the security guards were laughing at me when I signed in. I am wondering if Liberty Mutual opportunities are some sort of scam, but to what end? Why would they have people drive over an hour for an interview that will never happen...just for fun? Don't see how that at all promotes business or reputation of Liberty Mutual. If this is how they treat potential employees, I can only imagine how their actual employees are treated.

Very disappointing.

ezrollinlady in Rochester, New Hampshire

22 months ago

Take the advice of the person above, RUN THE OTHER WAY. They treat their people like crap after they are hired and misrepresent themselves in the interview when describing the job that they are hiring you for. It's basically a sweat shop. There are much better places to work. Keep looking. Use Indeed.com as a job search tool. They and Monster.com seem to be what most companies use to hire people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lovelibertycantgetin in Tampa, Florida

20 months ago

justvisiting in Elkridge, Maryland said: Interesting. I submitted a resume online last Monday night. I got e-mail from HR on Tuesday and we're working on scheduling a phone interview.

I completely agree. I actually have sent a number of resumes an heard nothing. Then a couple Fridays' ago I had a 15 minute telephone interview. The recruiter in Boston rushed through the entire interview, didn't ask me if I had any questions, and when I tried to have input she brushed me off. Then told me that they wanted to fill the position quick because of a class starting the end of July and ended the call. Then Monday morning I got an email from a recruiter in one of the Carolinas' that I was no longer considered a candidate. Unreal!!!!

MPSGT1976 in East Hartford, Connecticut

20 months ago

I also have applied many times, got a call, and never heard back. Most of the time, I get nothing. I think they are hiring kids fresh out of college with no experience. I have experience in insurance (12 years), have my licenses (LHA, P&C, LTC, Annuity) and my 3rd degree is an MBA. I also have a CPCU. Go figure!

extremelytickedoff in Garland, Texas

13 months ago

This company un-****ing-believable. I just had 2.5 months of my time wasted by their human resources department! I didn't even apply to this company. They found my resume online and contacted me, telling me I was an ideal candidate to be an agent. They had the slowest interview process I've ever heard of... almost 3 months to do 6 interviews where I was repeatedly told the same thing. All of my interviews were excellent. I had glowing recommendations. I had years of sales experience and a bachelor's degree. They paid to do a full background check on me, which I know I passed because I got a copy of it. Then they don't communicate with me for 2 weeks, and after I call several times, they finally get the nerve to call me back and tell me that I "don't have enough experience!!!!!" WHAT???!! You don't run background checks on candidates you don't intend to hire and you don't do 6 interviews if you believe they are "lacking experience"! Not to mention, I was aware of 3 open positions in the office I was applying to, and I seemed to be the only candidate interested in that office during the group-interviews and meetings. I was even willing to relocate and work anywhere in the region! My warning to everyone would be to stay far away from Liberty Mutual unless you feel like wasting months of your time, just to get a BS denial letter from human resources. I'll let you know if I get any response to my questions to human resources as to why they are actually denying my application...

extremelytickedoff in Garland, Texas

13 months ago

BostonLex in Sharon, Massachusetts said: I suspect that LM has a sort of "black list". I was interviewed in March but the HR di seem to be interested in what I was telling her at all. I got an email immediately after that they were considering other candidates. Since that they posted tons of other Business Analyst position that I am a perfect fit for, BUT for all my submissions I am getting the same robot generated email that they consider other candidates. What is not funny is the fact that I went to the job fair in Boston and met face to face with their representatives. One of them seemed to be very interested, took my resume, and also gave me his direct email asking to list positions I would like them to consider me for. Guess what? I never heard from him. I even followed up but got his dead silence. I don't get it. I give up applying and wasting my time on them. It is their loss indeed!

I was told that if you "fail" the application process once for a Liberty Mutual position, that you aren't eligible for that same position for a full year! Doesn't seem to matter if you get rejected by someone in only one area. They blacklist you from ALL positions with the same title.

babette in Brooklyn, New York

3 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Liberty Mutual? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Take some advice from someone whose husband worked for them as a systems analyst. They have no idea what a work/life balance is. His manager micro-managed! My husband is now suffering from PTSD/GAD because he can no longer perform his duties. WARNING: Stay away from Liberty Mutual! If you do not believe me look at what Glassdoor.com has to say.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.