Limited Brands Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Limited Brands?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Robag in Columbus, Ohio

77 months ago

Speed to market
Flexibility
Adapting to consumer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cranfield in Pennsylvania

66 months ago

I had the initial HR interview with the in-house recruiter for a corporate attorney job with Limited Brands. She asked me a few peculiar questions, like why I decided to attend the college I attended, why I attended the law school I attended, and why I decided to become a lawyer. I have five years of experience, thus I thought those types of questions would be reserved for a new hire fresh out of school, not an experienced employee.

Then, I was scheduled to have an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager changed the interview time/date on me three times before finally sticking with a time. The interview was a video conference, so I drove to the video conference site and waited for ten minutes past the scheduled start of the interview before someone showed up. The hiring manager did not show up, and a different attorney from the Limited Brands legal department showed up to do the interview. This attorney was unprepared, unprofessional, provincial, and clearly did not know what she was doing. The interviewer did not ask me a single question that was relevant to the position for which I was applying. I tried to inject relevant information about myself and my experience while the interviewer asked me questions like, "Have you ever lived in the Midwest?" as if Columbus, Ohio is some totally foreign place in a far off land.
In the end, the attorney stated that the hiring manager would want to speak with me as well. I heard back within 10 days from HR that Limited Brands was not moving forward with me. When I told the HR recruiter that I did not even get to meet with the hiring manager, she was surprised and stated she did not know that. Apparently the hiring manager did not even bother to tell HR that she missed my interview, and I just fell through the cracks. Perhaps my interviewing experience was unique, but I was still disappointed at their lack of organization and communication.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.