Limited Brands News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Limited Brands stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

infidel6 in Denton, Texas

104 months ago

I think this company does very well for itself. There is a lot of checking and cross-checking to evaluate our performance on the job and many factors are measured daily, such as our conversion, units per transaction and average dollar sale.

Despite recent economy troubles in the US, we are still meeting our metrics and overall have a healthy consumer base that continue to patronize our store despite high gas and food prices.

I was shocked, however, to find out that the Limited Brands no longer owns The Limited (a womens' clothing store). None of my managers have made mention of this and layoffs (or sell-offs) have not been mentioned. It worries me that they sold their 'flagship' store, though. Also, when looking at their website, they no longer list The Limited, Express, Express for Men or New York and Company among their brands.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

MelanieBuckeye in Columbus, Ohio

103 months ago

I'm a current business student and I recently researched Limited Brands and the changes it is going through. I was also surprised to learn that they had sold Limited and Express and that's why I decided to use them for my research paper. I was even more surprised to find out that Limited Brands has all but removed themselves from apparel altogether. They are now slimmed down to just intimate apparel and personal health & beauty products. But if you look at what's been going on the last 10 years, you would have seen this coming. Abercrombie & Fitch and Limited Too were sold in 1998, Lane Bryant in 2001, and Lerner and New York & Co in 2002. So it really seems like Wexner held on to his two babies for a while before he let them go. Interviews with Wexner and directors say that they wanted to become more appealing internationally and they saw VS and B&BW as the best for that.
It is really interesting though to think about because the company is called Limited Brands, began as one Limited store in Columbus, and now doesn't even own that brand anymore.
I didn't read anything about lay-offs. I'd be interested to see how other people were affected.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.