What's the company culture at LINCARE?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at LINCARE?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at LINCARE?

Reply - Report abuse

Simon of Space in Minneapolis, Minnesota

81 months ago

Former Service Rep (driver) here.

To answer the topic question, the attire for Customer Service Reps (secretaries), Sales Reps and the Center Manager is business casual. A suit may be appropriate for a Sales Rep or a manager depending on the clients in the area. Service Reps (drivers) wear uniform pants and polo shirts. In my office, there was very little camaraderie outside of business hours.

Now I know each Lincare office can be very different given that the shallow management structure gives each Center Manager a lot of say in how things are done. That being said, my experience during my brief employment with an office near Minneapolis, MN was overwhelmingly negative.

The main complaints I have with the Service Rep job are:

• Long hours. When I interviewed for this job, my manager told me, "They're pretty sweet hours. 9-5, 40 hours a week." My first week was 50 hours and after a month I was working 60-70 hours a week. When I complained about this my manager's solution was for me to come in earlier. This is the reason I left this job.

• On-call. Service Reps share a rotating 24 hour on-call duty. With only three Service Reps in my office and the manager rarely picking up an on-call shift, this got ridiculous really fast. The worst part is the after-hours answering service will page you EVERY time they get a call. Not just when you actually need to make an emergency visit, but for every call no matter the subject. A SR in my office actually got paged at 3 a.m. one morning because a patient was worried her petroleum-based Preparation H would ignite when she put her oxygen on.

• Heavy lifting. The job description says up to 70 lbs. In reality a full liquid O2 tank is about 140 lbs with some as heavy as 170. Service Reps work alone, and this is far too much weight for one person to handle 15-20 times a day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (97) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

kbeech06 in Manchester, New Hampshire

73 months ago

I love 75% of my job at lincare. I am a CSR and I love speaking with the patients and helping them. What I hate, we are short staffed and the district manager doesn't care and has no intentions of us getting another CSR. I work a 9+ hour day without an actual lunch or even a break. The pressure to increase our numbers is tremendous and although we increased our numbers last month...we still are not getting another CSR. I have given my notice and told them I don't want the pressure anymore. I don't get paid enough to stay up at night worried about what is going to happen at work the next day. Its too bad too as for the most part, the job is a good one. My co-workers are stressed out too and the whole center is just one big stressful mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (98) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

protect the innocent in Baldwinsville, New York

40 months ago

sharkinor in Salem, Oregon said: Love my job at Lincare.. I am the liquid driver for my center and yes it is wearing on you lifting 137 pounds 10-15 times a day but it is worth it when you know the person you are moving it for needs it and appreciates you.

I work in the northeast, I average 13 LOX stops a day ( 3-4 vessels a stop), 160lbs ea, it wears my body down bad. my knees,feet get the worst of it, does lincare seem concerned?? NO, now they have MDINR, we are supposed to get $75 a setup & the sales person gets $75. sales person gets their commission regardless, and we are supposed to take the $75 from each set up and divide it among eligible employees who have been there atleast 90 days, we the D-Bag area manager to avoid paying us our incentive is now saying he is applying it to held sales, these held sales were there long before I got hired. why should I sell their product if there isnt any thing coming my way, I have NO intention of asking who is on blood thinners if im not getting my incentive, to date there was 26 INR's set up. they low ball the drivers, so no one will come in who actually has all the right licenses & endorsements. Piss Poor managment. Lincare only worries about the upper echelon Managers,area & up. the drivers who go into the houses and make the patients happy, the same patients who in turn tell the Dr ( who lincare depends on for business) they are happy gets crap. you could be down 1-2 drivers,picking up the slack with out bitching and your over time is through the roof and lincare will want you to work faster to shave down the hours,do you get a thank you? a bonus? not from lincare, because your over time which is justifiable is eating into the area managers bonus, so remember that when you consider applying at lincare, who wants to schlep oxygen for $11.00 an hour???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

protect the innocent in Baldwinsville, New York

40 months ago

protect the innocent in Baldwinsville, New York said: I work in the northeast, I average 13 LOX stops a day ( 3-4 vessels a stop), 160lbs ea, it wears my body down bad. my knees,feet get the worst of it, does lincare seem concerned?? NO, now they have MDINR, we are supposed to get $75 a setup & the sales person gets $75. sales person gets their commission regardless, and we are supposed to take the $75 from each set up and divide it among eligible employees who have been there at least 90 days, well the D-Bag area manager to avoid paying us our incentive is now saying he is applying it to held sales, these held sales were there long before I got hired. why should I sell their product if there isnt any thing coming my way, I have NO intention of asking who is on blood thinners if im not getting my incentive, to date there was 26 INR's set up. they low ball the drivers, so no one will come in who actually has all the right licenses & endorsements. Piss Poor management. Lincare only worries about the upper echelon Managers,area & up. the drivers who go into the houses and make the patients happy, the same patients who in turn tell the Dr ( who lincare depends on for business) they are happy gets crap. you could be down 1-2 drivers,picking up the slack with out bitching and your over time is through the roof and lincare will want you to work faster to shave down the hours,do you get a thank you? a bonus? not from lincare, because your over time which is justifiable is eating into the area managers bonus, so remember that when you consider applying at lincare, who wants to schlep oxygen for $11.00 an hour???

And just so everyone knows, the average salary of an arena manager 120K a yr, regional mgr is 450k, I'm still there because I walked into a higher wage & I have kids, but I get no qualified help and I am usually on the road til about 9pm 5 days a week. I dont work in NY either, like the name says " protect the innocent"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TOTALLYSHY1 in Jamestown, New York

25 months ago

I dont know what Lincare you worked at, but I was a sales rep there for 6 years. I made 11.54 and hour plus commission. My manager makes 45k a year and the area manager makes 86k a year. A far cry from the 450k that someone told you about. I left because I hated my manager and area manager. They lied to the staff about everything, hours you are required to work, Money that should be your commission they find a reason why you dont get it....it was ridiculous...I stayed for 6 years because I couldnt find anything else in my area. I hated, HATED, lincare....worst job i've ever had!!! i hope they rot and go out of business!!! Did I mention how fake my managers were??? They would tell you that you look good and then go make fun of you behind your back! I found out that they made fun of me for being on the chubby side, when one of the reps called me after a sales meeting they had that i didnt attend. They were pissed i didnt attend so they made fat jokes about me the entire meeting. I have no respect for them and hope they all rot in hell!! The CSR's are underpaid!! they have alot of work and are not appreciated for their work. WORST COMPANY IN THE HISTORY OF THE U.S!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.