What's the company culture at Liz Claiborne?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Liz Claiborne?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Liz Claiborne?

Reply - Report abuse

lp129 in Elmwood Park, New Jersey

92 months ago

Unless they changed, the lp dept had very long hours. Your workday was typically 10 hours, and if you had to travel that was additional. You had to get approval for everything, even if you scheduled as d/e interview, don't do it even 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time without getting the ok. Anyone that wants to go there, I only have 2 words, GOOD LUCK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

liz in Trenton, New Jersey

91 months ago

all I can say is CRAZY!!! By the way, the food is terrible there and you can only have enough of wednesday quesadilla days....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LADYSINGSTHEBLUES in Brooklyn, New York

91 months ago

liz in Trenton, New Jersey said: all I can say is CRAZY!!! By the way, the food is terrible there and you can only have enough of wednesday quesadilla days....

Ahh good old LC. I used to work in corporate at 1440 Broadway. It was an ok place until the new vp arrived. Andrea Diamond...can someone say the Devil Wears Prada. Hahahaha. She had it in for me from day 1. To make a long story short, i was done wrong, I sued their asses and I won. The only thing I miss were the freebies and sample sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Monahan in Livingston, New Jersey

90 months ago

[QUOTE who= To make a long story short, i was done wrong, I sued their asses and I won. The only thing I miss were the freebies and sample sales.

What did you sue Liz for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CoCo Chanel in Brooklyn, New York

88 months ago

I sued for discrimination. Andrea advised me to take a few weeks of sick leave because I was suffering from major depression and anxiety attacks. NJ office approved and all was well. Then she called and fired me over the phone. It was wrong. I sued and I won 10K in back pay and pain & suffering. Don't get me wrong. LC was a cool place to work and I miss my coworkers. (The HR crew)We had good times. I wish you well there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Simone1026 in Frankfurt, Germany

85 months ago

CoCo Chanel in Brooklyn, New York said: I sued for discrimination. Andrea advised me to take a few weeks of sick leave because I was suffering from major depression and anxiety attacks. NJ office approved and all was well. Then she called and fired me over the phone. It was wrong. I sued and I won 10K in back pay and pain & suffering. Don't get me wrong. LC was a cool place to work and I miss my coworkers. (The HR crew)We had good times. I wish you well there.

I am a finance major and highly interested in the Summer Internship Program 2008 which is offered at the Headquaters in NY. I´d like to know if there are any chances for a non U.S. citizen to be considered ? Is the Finance Internship with Liz Claiborne worthwhile ? What about the interview ? I would very much appreciate any comments. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.