Lkq Corporation Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 51)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Lkq Corporation?

What do you like best about working at Lkq Corporation? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

lkq sucks in Omaha, Nebraska

46 months ago

You dont want a job with these people. Constant pay cuts, horrible benefits, constantly mess with your vacation time. Always beware of a company with high employee turnover, which if you look at the jobs for LKQ, they are constantly hiring over and over for the same positions. Probably one of the worst employers I have ever had!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

theo

43 months ago

I was fired from LKQ after a small truck wreck. I never did want to work for this company, i was forced to after the merger with keystone. The Akron branch is the worst place I ever worked. All they do is look for reasons to fire people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bill in Peekskill, New York

40 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Lkq Corporation?

What do you like best about working at Lkq Corporation? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

place sucks big time they are chep then they take 30 minutes out of your pay for lunch that you don't take i been there for 3 yrs no rasie fk this place asap i am out of there they can take there 1200 and sick it up there ass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mj - Nashvillle TN

33 months ago

I interviewed with a very professional Financal Services Director and one of LKQS Accounting Managers about opportunities in Accounting. The company is growing a rapid rate through acquisiton and is profitable. I had an interview, but have not heard anything back from the recuiter that sent LKQ for an interview. I have not received feedback. I am searching for a job that is closer to home and my previous employer TVA is shutting down several Fossil Facilites and I was unable to take a position they offered in Chattanooga since my spouses job is in Nashville, TN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dave in White Plains, New York

26 months ago

Here's my LKQ employment horror story: When I was interviewed by the sales manager I was told that I could potentialy make over six figures a year. He showed me a spread sheet of all the top salesmen which verified that. What he didn't tell me was that these "top guys" have been there for years and cornered the market on all the wholesale accounts. If you take a phone call from one of their accounts you have to pass it to whoever the dedicated salesman is. Wait, it gets better. You have no base salary once the initial training period is over, you work strictly on commission. The inventory is rediculously over-priced so you can't compete with other salvage yards. You have absolutely no control or visibly see the product that you're selling and they don't know the meaning of quality control. They have minimum wage delivery drivers who don't care if the parts arrive in one piece and you get charged back on your commission if the product arrives damaged, even though it's no fault of your own. You constantly have to watch your back and make sure other salesmen don't steal your deal. They give you sales quotas every pay period and if you don't meet them they dock a percentage off of your commission check. And you have to work every other weekend. This is the absolute WORST place I have ever worked for in my life and I would take a job in McDonalds flipping hamburgers before I ever work for this joke of a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

mikelouf2 in Carmel, New York

26 months ago

i hear you i used to drive for them they only pay 12.00 hr then you work 15hrs a day and give you 50 stops and no time to do it and you are right the driver did not care if the part got there or not they have to many stops i stop at 3 pm it took 3 hrs to get back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Every time I have a bad day at my current job all I have to do is think back to the 14 months of hell I spent working at LKQ and it reminds me not to take things for granted and be thankful of the job that I have at the moment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

mikelouf2 in Carmel, New York said: i hear you i used to drive for them they only pay 12.00 hr then you work 15hrs a day and give you 50 stops and no time to do it and you are right the driver did not care if the part got there or not they have to many stops i stop at 3 pm it took 3 hrs to get back

Which LKQ did you work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

i work in the bronx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Dave in White Plains, New York said: Which LKQ did you work for?

i work in the bronx ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

That's where I worked. Good luck, hope things get better for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

i left over a year ago got sick of it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mj-pathetic interview in Nashville, Tennessee

26 months ago

I interviewed. The recruiter went on and on about what a great place it is and how they are contracted for new hires for a set period. When I finally got an interview. I listened as directed by the recruiter and the accounting manager. She remined me to dress professionally as well, as if I have never had another job before this...Good grief. When the finally stopped talking and gave me a chance to speak. I said "It sounds like you guys are on Fire" I asked about their line of credit and they did not have much to say, except they were going to be borrowing more. They are highly leveraged and do not seem to care that they are robots being directed by corporate, not caring much about answering basic questions...wonder why...I am sure I know why. They are robots. No thanks. They do not seem to pay much either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

mj-pathetic interview in Nashville, Tennessee

26 months ago

I interviewed. The recruiter went on and on about what a great place it is and how they are contracted for new hires for a set period. When I finally got an interview. I listened as directed by the recruiter and the accounting manager. She remined me to dress professionally as well, as if I have never had another job before this...Good grief. When the finally stopped talking and gave me a chance to speak. I said "It sounds like you guys are on Fire" I asked about their line of credit and they did not have much to say, except they were going to be borrowing more. They are highly leveraged and do not seem to care that they are robots being directed by corporate, not caring much about answering basic questions...wonder why...I am sure I know why. They are robots. No thanks. They do not seem to pay much either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave in Scarsdale, New York

26 months ago

Yes, they do not pay well. LKQ has branches all over the United States and Canada, they're slowly but surely monopolizing the salvaged part business. Years ago they merged with Keystone Automotive Industries, one of the largest after-market part suppliers in the country and in 2009 they bought out GreenLeaf Auto Parts, another chain of salvage yards and one of their main competitors. They also just recently became public on the stock market. This company is growning at a huge rate on the backs of their employees but yet they can't pay any of them a livible wage. $12.00 an hour for delivery drivers and no base pay/commission only to their salesmen. Unbelievable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LKQ-TRUTH in Bradenton Beach, Florida

24 months ago

Let me spell it out for you.. Most employees make between $20,000-$30,000 a year.. and if you are in the 30K a year range, its for sure in the upper part..!! You might make more, if you work overtime.. You have to work there 2 years before you start really getting any time off and then its not any real vacation time off. Remember you only get your straight-time when your off so if you count on that OT, your check will really be messed up when you get it the next time. Also up until this year (2012) depending on what division you work for, you only got between 3-6 holidays off per year.. If you are lucky enough to work in Full Service, then they get extra time off.. First of all they are only open generally M-F. Self Service is open 362 Days A Year!!! Self Serve up until this past year only got 3 holidays off per year. and if it was up to Management, the place would be open 365 per year.

You must make sure that they actually paid you for the Holiday!! Yes I know this sounds weird, but I know of employees who worked in Self Serve and they were M-F Employees and because Easter was on a sunday, the management team screwed them telling them they didn't qualify.. The Hand-Book Clearly states "in the event that a holiday falls on a NON WORK DAY, the employee will have the option to take either the friday before or the monday after off" but if you do not know your rights, then they will walk all over you.

In my opinion make sure you NEGOTIATE vacation time upfront!! Do not let them tell you that this is not possible.. IT IS.. They do it all the time.. But if you wait until afterwards, then its too late..

Make sure you document all that you do.. Even if you don't get the sale.. That way when they come to you and say "whats going on" you can have a log of what you quoted and show them that its not that your not doing the job, its most likely pricing..

No one stays at LKQ forever.. Remember there is a reason for this!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

mj - Nashvillle TN said: I interviewed with a very professional Financal Services Director and one of LKQS Accounting Managers about opportunities in Accounting. The company is growing a rapid rate through acquisiton and is profitable. I had an interview, but have not heard anything back from the recuiter that sent LKQ for an interview. I have not received feedback. I am searching for a job that is closer to home and my previous employer TVA is shutting down several Fossil Facilites and I was unable to take a position they offered in Chattanooga since my spouses job is in Nashville, TN.

The Accounting Dept has a very high turn over.. We have had 6 new reps to email in 2 years.. Why could this be??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dave

24 months ago

LKQ puppet said: LKQ Sells junk and pays you in pennies and thank yous. They can lick the backside of my nutsac.

Well they paid me in pennies but i didnt get any thank yous.

Ben

24 months ago

Yes, these people are crooks. They steal your vacation time and steal your weekends. They will break your schedule making you work on days your were not suppose to work and not care about any of your personal plans and yell at you like it's your problem. Here is my personal experience with this company. For two years I never had vacation because they stole it from me. I was injured on the job and instead of using my sick days they used my vacation time. They never paid for my injury time and forced me to come to work before my injury was healed. They talked to me like they didn't care even when the doctor said I should stay home. After two years I asked for vacation and they only gave me 3 days and threatened if I didn't come back with in 3 days they would give my position to someone else. These crooks should be punished to hurt so many people. There is only one way to do it, by having everyone combine their story and hire a lawyer. If you ever think of working in this industry I suggest working for any other company in the same business and support them with hard work and integrity.
Yomata/LQK should not be allowed to continue their practices of fraud and using their employees to beat their competition. They treat people like they are trash and it has become a habit in their management and they don't even notice it. Sometimes I think it is because the owners are from a different country and in some countries they believe in high class and low classes and low class people are treated like slaves with out any respect. This practice is very unAmerican. Money is not value if it comes to integrity. If you want to stop these crooks please email me your real name and story and contact and be willing to testify in court if needed. Please email at amyholt000@gmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Plaintiffs Attorney in Washington

23 months ago

I currently represent an individual pursuing claims against LKQ for workplace discrimination, and retaliation based on his reporting discriminatory remarks, safety violations, and fraudulent company activity.

I am interested in hearing stories from people who may have experienced similar incidents with LKQ. I am especially interested in people who have worked for LKQ in the pacific northwest, but would also like to hear from anyone who has been discriminated against, subject to retaliation, and/or witnessed safety violations and/or fraudulent activity at the company. Please feel free to email me at investigatinglkq@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

23 months ago

You are unethical to solicit clients on this free forum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

That is, if you are truly an attorney. If you were, you would identify yourself and your firm and you would use your firm's e-mail address instead of a GMail address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dummy that still works for LKQ keystone in El Paso, Texas

22 months ago

I work for LKQ keystone down in El Paso TX... What a joke this place is!!! I got a lazy boss who sits in his office all day watching TV, comes out and pretends to be boss by demonstrating his abusive power by telling us we're easily replaceable, oh we cant have our shirts untucked or we'll be sent home for the day... HELLO?! WE WORK IN A WAREHOUSE!!!.... The warehouse is a death trap, nothing ever works... dead scissor lifts, broken or damaged ladders. I deliver parts and i work on commission... and to this day I don't understand how that works. any other delivery drivers out there that work on commission?! There is no such thing as raises anymore since we're on commission. cant wait to quit.

22 months ago

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado said: That is, if you are truly an attorney . If you were, you would identify yourself and your firm and you would use your firm's e-mail address instead of a GMail address.

1. I'm sorry, I should have made it clear: I am not soliciting clients. I am doing investigation to pursue my client's claims. I am exploring similar incidents, to establish a potential pattern of conduct, which may or may not be limited to the geographic area in which he was employed.

2. There are several reasons why I may be reluctant to post, in a public forum, my specific contact information. The primary reason being that Defendants routinely monitor these types of sites, and I am under no obligation to disclose my investigatory efforts unless and until I obtain information which I intend to introduce at trial.

Please feel free to contact me at the email address provided, and I would be happy to speak with you one on one if you have further concerns regarding my request for information. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

How do I know you are an attorney unless you disclose your firm's e-mail address? You could be anyone. How do I know you are not actually Defendant and are also trying to ferret out claims that may be instituted against you?

No, you are under no obligation to disclose your investigatory efforts until you institute suit and Defendant tenders a request after discovery commences. Even then, you can object to certain discovery requests for investigatory material as work product. Therefore, it would not matter that you used your "firm's" e-mail address.

Of course you would be happy to speak to this company's employees regarding their concerns. However, you cannot tell me that if an allegedly wronged LKQ employee came forward that you wouldn't at least advise employee to retain counsel to pursue claims, and maybe you. Further, you cannot tell me you aren't trying to join multiple clients for claims. Therefore, you are soliciting clients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Of course I would advise them to retain counsel...as I would anyone who had a legal issue and could likely benefit from having an attorney. I am unclear as to how that fact somehow makes what I am doing suspect. If there was a case in the state where my practice is located, I might consider taking the case. But, that certainly isn't my motivation for posting on here; there are better ways to identify potential clients. If the acceptance of a case that by chance arose out of my communications on here (which is highly unlikely anyway) is somehow a violation of the terms of this forum, then, sure, by all means I agree not to represent anyone contacting me as a result of these postings.

It may be because you are in a different jurisdiction, but your analysis of disclosure differs slightly from the rules where I practice. Even if a Defendant does not request specific discovery, I am obligated to disclose certain types of information I intend to use at trial (e.g. witness lists). I will be up front that I do not want LKQ to know what specific attorney is seeking information. At this point, it isn't necessarily the content of information that I don't want disclosed to LKQ, so much as the fact that an attorney representing a claimant in an existing dispute is even seeking such information at all. Hence, my primary interest at this point isn't served by the rules governing discovery once it is commenced.

And I offered you, or anyone else with concerns about whether I'm an attorney or not, to directly contact me at the email provided. If you send a direct email to that gmail account, I'm happy to respond from my firm email or even give you a call assuming you agree to respect my wishes and refrain from publicly posting my firm information at this time. If I was Defense counsel, I would be violating the prohibition against misrepresentation to represent my reasons for posting on here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

I can appreciate your concern, but this format in my mind is for people to share their stories, so that people can get a real sense of how a company is to work for. I havent made post on this site to get back at LKQ.. or because im spitefull.. its my choice to continue to work for LKQ only until something better comes along. And because i had a pretty serious medical diagnosis about a year ago that im waiting to get a clean bill of health... Once that happens, im out of here. I already have a job lined up that pays
150k per year and im able to take about 10 weeks a year off.. Here is another holiday weekend and we are working!! Who works on Labor Day? LKQ does...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Plaintiffs Attorney in Washington said: Of course I would advise them to retain counsel...as I would anyone who had a legal issue and could likely benefit from having an attorney. I am unclear as to how that fact somehow makes what I am doing suspect.
Try reading Model Rule 7.3. Not only that, your remark:
Plaintiffs Attorney in Washington said: If there was a case in the state where my practice is located, I might consider taking the case.
Big "if," there, counselor. Don't forget the cautions inherent in the "appearance of impropriety."
Plaintiffs Attorney in Washington said: If the acceptance of a case that by chance arose out of my communications on here (which is highly unlikely anyway) is somehow a violation of the terms of this forum, then, sure, by all means I agree not to represent anyone contacting me as a result of these postings.
Just consider that Indeed rules bar advertising of services.
Plaintiffs Attorney in Washington said: [Y]our analysis of disclosure differs slightly from the rules where I practice....
Try reading F.R.C.P. 26(b)(5).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LKQ puppet

22 months ago

I worked for LKQ in Memphis as a driver and although our manager is a greedy piece of trash we did get paid holidays and vacations. I would never work for this place. They are cheap and force you to work with faulty equipment. The manager there is a nonsocial prick who only talks to you through email to your supervisor. I quit there and would never go back. They will try to make you do things that you dont want to do or that are not in your job description like break the law.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Employee's spouse in Orem, Utah

22 months ago

My husband works for the LKQ in Springville, UT. They have an extremely small staff, but they seem to be doing very well. Other than the few guys out there that no one likes, he says everyone is great. (Probably cause they all happen to have matching personalities.) It's an easy job for him, he says. The bosses are great and very friendly, never pushy unless something is running behind. There was one thing pretty messed up. About a month ago, part of their warehouse caught fire and engulfed a lot of the building in flames. When the main boss showed up, he was mad. Not because the building was on fire, but because production was stopped. He didn't even ask if anyone was alright. (Even the guy whose whole body caught fire. He was alright though.) But, after all that got situated, they didn't fire the guy right away that caused the fire. They did an investigation and then fired him a week later. I think that this company is great. We he had a few family emergencies, and his boss was completely fine with him leaving. They are pretty laid back there & friendly to me whenever I show up to pick my husband up for lunch. If you work well, they will hire you on (if you start as a temp). My husband has actually set the record for the most promotions in less than a year. 4 mo. I think.So, if you do decide to work for LKQ, I recommend Utah. I agree, there are going to be certain LKQ's that aren't very good to work for, but that's how it goes with any company. There will be great ones as well as trashy ones. So, I highly recommend the Springville company. Plus, they are creating a new one up in Salt Lake if anyone is interested.If they decide to fire someone at this LKQ, they always wait and have good reason too. As far as your question. Each LKQ is diff. w/ pay.My husband started as as Temp. So here's the list of what I know.Temp-$10New hire-$10 Warehouse-$11 (not sure what he did in warehouse)Parts Puller-$15 +daily bonus & commision for ea. part.Dismantlers-$3600/mo. avg.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LKQ puppet

22 months ago

I was a driver at the memphis location and was started at $11 and was told no budget for raises. Guys that have been there 5 years in the warehouse finally quit when they asked for a raise from $10 and were told no. Now they rotate temps every 90 days so they dont have to hire any full time people and the warehouse manager hates it because he has to train them im that hot warehouse because they are too cheap to turn on the air system.

Acribbs

20 months ago

I currently work for lkq/keystone Denver as a nightcrew employee, everybody is great there and helpful. I started at 12.50 an hour and we do get raises,. I recently graduated from school and my manager is helping me move up in the company. Also our managers really care about the employees, one of my coworkers re entry had a. Hilda but didn't have any paid time off, but our gm gave him a week paid off

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Parts Pro in Hanford, California

20 months ago

It amazes me that an attorney and an unemployed paralegal have the time and inclination to argue ethics and law in this forum. My spouse is a paralegal and she certainly does not have time for this, nor does the shark for whom she works.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I do have the time. And I cannot stand attorneys acting unethically when they know or should know better.

Regards to your spouse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Sorry...Felt like I had to include you. I don't believe he is really an attorney. Baby attorney, maybe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Did you see that I questioned that individual's legitimacy? He would have used a law firm e-mail address instead of a gmail address if he were legit. He also did not respond when I cited some rules. For all anyone knows, that individual could be someone in the company spoofing as an attorney to try to ferret out potential complainants.

The legal profession has a bad enough reputation already. It doesn't need a (supposed) attorney like that individual worsening its reputation. And, FYI, I worked for an attorney who eventually had to stop practicing because of ethics problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Absolutely his integrity should be questioned!! Actually, his command of the English language leaves a little to be desired as far as attorneys go... I firmly agree with your views. Again, I apologize to you about my comments, but, I felt like I had to include you since you were in the conversation. Have a nice day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Yeah, his writing is somewhat convoluted - which LOL may prove he is an attorney!

You have a nice day as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

H in Elgin, Illinois

18 months ago

I seem first hand how LKQ management will go after ever possible way to make you look like the problem, including making false statements and write ups to try and beat unemployment insurance. They are unethical in a lot of ways they handle business and do not care who you are unless you have inside buddies. Nobody wants to hear any complaints, and if they do, watch out, your in the firing line!

18 months ago

H in Elgin, Illinois said: I seem first hand how LKQ management will go after ever possible way to make you look like the problem, including making false statements and write ups to try and beat unemployment insurance. They are unethical in a lot of ways they handle business and do not care who you are unless you have inside buddies. Nobody wants to hear any complaints, and if they do, watch out, your in the firing line!

I have seen this as well.. this is just so they do not have to pay unemployment.. Any place they can save a nickle they do, even if in the long run it cost them a dollar. The only people that make out are the people at the top.. Beware of any writeup's you see on this site in a positive light. Chances are its someone in higher management doing it. Put your time in and look for something better some place else!! There is a reason they are not in the top 100 companies to work for!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Lkq Corporation?

The only people that make money in this company are managers on up... If you are base employee, you will be lucky to make barely above minimum wage..Again
it depends on what job you are going to be doing... Travel requirements? Most people do NOT travel.. You are assigned to a store.. thats the store you go to every day.. Bonus? Again thats only for manager or higher. It would have been alot better if you posted on here...Example---"im thinking about applying for the accounting job at LKQ" does anyone know about this.. Your question is too vague to be able to help you fully..

Our work computer is over 10 years old and it takes at least 10 mins to boot.. do you really think that is the sign of a company who gives out treats?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

e in Valrico, Florida

13 months ago

mikelouf2 in Carmel, New York said: i hear you i used to drive for them they only pay 12.00 hr then you work 15hrs a day and give you 50 stops and no time to do it and you are right the driver did not care if the part got there or not they have to many stops i stop at 3 pm it took 3 hrs to get back

Wow! $12.00?!?! In florida you are lucky to see 12.00 an hour. I drove for three year and got raised to 11.75 an hour and had to quit and come back for that. They have high turnover because as you can see hiring people with stellar communication skills is not one of managments finer qualities. going on my fourth year I transferred to a route sales position. People are afraid of commission positioms but working in route sales for the Keystone side, yes you have high amd low months but I have tripled my income, I dont work as hard and dont get anywhere near as dirty. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the salvage delivery side!

e in Tampa, Florida

13 months ago

LKQ-TRUTH in Bradenton Beach, Florida said: The only people that make money in this company are managers on up... If you are base employee, you will be lucky to make barely above minimum wage..Again
it depends on what job you are going to be doing... Travel requirements? Most people do NOT travel.. You are assigned to a store.. thats the store you go to every day.. Bonus? Again thats only for manager or higher. It would have been alot better if you posted on here...Example---"im thinking about applying for the accounting job at LKQ" does anyone know about this.. Your question is too vague to be able to help you fully..

Our work computer is over 10 years old and it takes at least 10 mins to boot.. do you really think that is the sign of a company who gives out treats?

The one thing I have noticed about the company is that the employee is the last thing on the companies mind. They spend millions on buying up other companies and give nothing back to even long term employees. As long as people keep wrecking cars this company will never have to care of the people that sell and deliver the procuct.

Former Warehouse Manager in Rochester, New Hampshire

11 months ago

A a former warehouse manager for Keystone/LKQ in Manchester I can say that there were particular issues in all the Keystone/LKQ locations throughout New England. I was released from service just to avoid getting a raise for over 2 years of service, kinda stupid if you ask me. Other employees were a constant revolving door of good guys let go because they asked to many questions of the boss.

Anyway, there is a pending court case for illegal termination of employees at this location that I am sure will make national news. Keystone/LKQ at the time was not an "At Will Company"

Need a better job in Greensboro, North Carolina

8 months ago

So I have been working for LKQ/Keystone for quite some time, and because of how quick the company is to get rid of someone in order to cover it's own behind, I won't say how long. There are right now(2013, almost 2014) at least six employees that abuse drugs, three of them while on the clock. I hate that I can't give specifics, as to not let on to whom this is. What is sad is that anyone reading this from my branch would be able to identify me due to my choice of vernacular. There are no pay increases, and there hasn't been for quite some time now. This is blamed on there being a "pay/hire freeze". No matter who you are or what you do every month it is the same. No one is doing enough work, there are too many employees, the people in charge are drug addicts. If you are not part of the club, you are a "yahoo" which is the cute term they give for anyone not considered one of the in crowd. Zero work ethic is displayed throughout the building, and no one seems to mind that there are just a few people doing all of the work. The general manager failed an audit for NOT KNOWING HOW TO RUN A COMMON EVERY DAY REPORT. This is because he lets the operations manager do everything. We have a delivery driver that literally drove into someone's house, yet still drives for the company. What is funny is another driver nearly got fired for a very minor infraction. I could go on, and on, and on. This place is the worst. I just hate that so many other branches have to deal with the same issues, what a joke of a company.

e in Tampa, Florida

8 months ago

I fully understand how you feel. After almost seven great years with LKQ I was teminated for no reason other than, "it just didn't work out." I have forked for three other LKQ locations before transfering to the Keystone division in Jacksonville as a satillite driver for the Gainesville area.

Going into me second week with the Keystone division, I was subject to confidential HR information regarding another employee by her former supervisor. He made it very clear that, "getting rid of her" would make my job much easier. I will not get into the HR issue here in open forum but let me just say since they were opposite genders you can imagine what the issues entailed.

Favoritism was a common occurance as well. Other route salesmen were given sales tools that I was never provided with. This made achieving sales goals hard. After that, They finally "got rid" of that female employee and never replaced her making my job description more of a delivery description than a sales position, yet kept me accountable for sales goals that were impossible to achieve because there was just no time to do it.

Other aspects of the job included time card manipulation of hourly employees and the constant loss of time sheets when an abundance of overtime happened to be on that time sheet. Thus forcing the hourly employee to re-do a two week old time sheet.

Since the aquisition of Akzo paint, the drivers are instructed to deliver hazardous materials on their trucks when they are not properly certified to do so and the trucks are not properly outfitted for such transport. If the driver gets stopped, it's the driver not the company that will be held accountable. The only reason I know this is because I hold a class "A" endorsment and am familiar with the regulations.

The list goes on and on about the Jacksonville competance level of the management. It really sucks. I never had a bed experience at another plant until Jacksonville.

corrupt in Houston, Texas

8 months ago

Lkq is a bad enviroment work place they have a supervisor will sweatt that drinks liquor on the san antonio 4520 tejasco dr store chriss moppin and jamie korus know about the situation and never took action on it jamie korus also knows that some of her employees smoke marijuana and the only thing she would say is just do your work and everything would be fine. Its ridicoulous how this warehouse is run i even called the 1800 hotline for lkq and it did not work either. Also from what i heard is that the supervisor will sweatt has stolen paint products from the warehouse using some of the shuttle drivers like kevin and kalisha. Will sweatt is not a good supervisor he does not deserve that position but like i said before chriss moppin jamie korus will sweatt and vicky vargas cover up for each other also terry chriss boss would cover up alot for chriss moppin. This is just not acceptable. Its corrupt i had talk to bosses of bosses and they do not take accion on the situation. You would not want to work for lkq in 4520 tejasco dr san antonio is a bad place to work NO RAISES NEVER. the supervior drinks some employees drink as well the sales accounting lady drinks also is just not acceptable how they cover for each other and lkq corp doesnt take action on it. So i post up a video on you tube and online of how the supervisor will sweatt was drinking liquor at the job site with 5 more employees i also post up a video of 3 employees playing with the forklift pushing each other. Thanks and check out the videos. Youll see how lkq is a bad place to work for.

Deshlin in Denver, Colorado

6 months ago

LKQ is the worst - corrupt! I honestly do not understand how this place says in business. I was bought out from another company I worked for 10 years. I could only manage a year under LKQ. No one is held accountable for anything but if you have an accident you are fired. Steal thousands of dollars, no problem though. I was in the accounting department. Management is either MIA or treating employees like they 10 years old instead of grown adults. They never give raises, well after 5 years you might get less then a dollar and employees were made to feel like the business was doing them a huge favor. I could go on and on, if you have a choice, PASS, no I am sorry, run for your life from this place. I assure you I am not a disgruntled employee with no education. I have a business degree and tried my best to help this place instill principals that were ethical, I was treated poorly for rocking the boat. Moral is extremely poor and pay is very low.

Deshlin in Denver, Colorado

6 months ago

e in Tampa, Florida said:
Since the aquisition of Akzo paint, the drivers are instructed to deliver hazardous materials on their trucks when they are not properly certified to do so and the trucks are not properly outfitted for such transport. If the driver gets stopped, it's the driver not the company that will be held accountable. The only reason I know this is because I hold a class "A" endorsment and am familiar with the regulations.

I know all about the paint delivery, I agree. There is a lot of information the drivers need for the safety of themselves and the environment. Handling paint chemicals is potentially life threatening, most people at these LKQ facilities are not given the proper training. Akzo spent thousands of dollars, TONS of money, training the employees how to handle paint; it is dangerous. LKQ would rather learn the hard way.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.