Aerospace Engineering Student interested in Lockheed Martin

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

dmscott2 in Raleigh, North Carolina

66 months ago

I'm an aerospace engineering undergraduate student at North Carolina State University (will graduate May 2010) and looking to try to get a job at Lockheed Martin within their Aeronautics Business Unit. Has anyone had experience trying to get an entry-level position with them? A few interviews are going to be held on campus sometime next year and I will obviously try to be a part of them. In the meantime, I'm looking through their website trying to find some positions I can apply for.

Any tips specific for someone in my position?

Thanks!

David

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dbgarcia in Harlingen, Texas

66 months ago

I recently graduated with my Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering and have been attempting to get Lockheed to contact me for about 10 months now, but no dice... not even an e-mail saying I was rejected. It seems that if you want someone to actually look at your resume (not just the computer system), you need to send it to them first hand, which means you need to know somebody.

So anyone else reading this, if you have a contact in Lockheed or already work in Lockheed, it might be nice to help 2 young kids out in Mr. Scott above me here and myself, by sending us some sort of information (a phone # or e-mail would be nice).

Thank you,

Daniel Garcia

Trurob84 in Endicott, New York

65 months ago

Daniel, if you're still interested, I work at Lockheed. Let me get your email and I will contact you for your resume.

dbgarcia in Harlingen, Texas

65 months ago

Trurob84,

Thanks a lot for your response, and yes I am definitely still interested.

dbarcia74@gmail.com (yes the g is intentionally left off)

I very much appreciate you responding to this thread and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Daniel Garcia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jck87 in Los Angeles, California

63 months ago

I recently graduated from UCLA with BS degrees in physics and applied math, and am looking to try to get engineering, preferably in mechanical or aerospace, full-time or internship job at Lockheed Martin. I've tried applying for about 50 different positions through the website, but gotten nothing.

Any tips specific for someone in my position?

Thanks!

David

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

56 months ago

Hello David,

How is your job search with Lockheed Martin going?

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

56 months ago

Hey Daniel,

How is your Lockheed job search going?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.