Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

MilitaryWife in Crestview, Florida

41 months ago

I got an offer from Lockheed Martin and a start date. I got my secret clearance cleared, and I am still undergoing a background check.

LM online application asked a listing of jobs in the last ten years. However, I didn't think a few jobs were relevant, so I did not list them. I also listed a major company I worked at previously through a staffing agency, but failed to list the staffing agency and instead listed the major company to look good on my resume.

I do not have any other worries about the background check; only failure to list certain jobs and salaries.

Do you think I should contact the recruiter? Do you think this will terminate the offer for the positon? Will the recruiter allow me to update my online application to reflect the honest information?

If you've experienced this or know how the process goes, please reply to this message.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Niceville, Florida

40 months ago

I don't think it'll necessarily be an automatic disqualifier, but "accidentally leaving out information" is a big reason why security clearance applications are slowed down. This has the potential to be viewed as a lack of candor, which will basically result in the rest of your application being looked over with the fine-toothed comb. I recommend calling your background investigator to check if they need any updated information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JustNeedMe in Madison, Alabama

40 months ago

Just list the name of the companies you've worked for.. and then contacted HR to make sure they know about this. I've had same problem and it turned out to work out well.

MilitaryWife in Crestview, Florida said: I got an offer from Lockheed Martin and a start date. I got my secret clearance cleared, and I am still undergoing a background check.

LM online application asked a listing of jobs in the last ten years. However, I didn't think a few jobs were relevant, so I did not list them. I also listed a major company I worked at previously through a staffing agency, but failed to list the staffing agency and instead listed the major company to look good on my resume.

I do not have any other worries about the background check; only failure to list certain jobs and salaries.

Do you think I should contact the recruiter? Do you think this will terminate the offer for the positon? Will the recruiter allow me to update my online application to reflect the honest information?

If you've experienced this or know how the process goes, please reply to this message.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.