Can someone please help me get into Lockheed Martin in their MD or DC Locations.

Comments (10)

Sola in Baltimore, Maryland

67 months ago

Hi

I just graduated from college with a business degree, and am interested in working with Lockheed Martin in their MD/DC locations have applied to their website, but have not gotten any reply can anyone please help me out.
Sincerely,
Sola.

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

56 months ago

Hi Sola,

Why do you want to work at Lockheed Martin?

56 months ago

Hi
Thanks for replying my post,As a Business Major would love to work at Lockheed Martin because I would be working for an industry leader where hard work is rewarded. I also enjoy working in a team oriented environment which LM offers.

56 months ago

When will you be graduating? will you be starting on a Masters'Program of any kind?

56 months ago

Hi,
I graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, and plan on starting my master next year.

56 months ago

Have you done any special projects or participated in any programs that would make your resume stand out to a recruiter at LM? I am not a recruiter but i work for Lockheed Martin. Normally resumes that contain special project participation tend to get noticed especially if it correlates to a specific job position that you are applying to.

We also have recruiters online at the Lockheed Martin website that are available during business hours that can answer any specific application type questions you may have

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Justryingtomakealivin in Centennial, Colorado

56 months ago

Sola in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hi
Thanks for replying my post,As a Business Major would love to work at Lockheed Martin because I would be working for an industry leader where hard work is rewarded. I also enjoy working in a team oriented environment which LM offers.

I'd be curious as to what you think you can bring to the table compared to other applicants. Not to sound rude but I'm curious because your answer seemed a little canned and for all I know you could be the blessing they've been looking for.

56 months ago

Agreed the answer does sound canned, from my personal experience Lockheed Martin looks for the unusual experience, education all count but they also look for passion, drive and competitiveness. I can easily estimate that the majority of the salaried staff (Analysts, Mgrs etc) have at least one MBA so that is nothing unusual. What special projects/programs/experience (military) have you participated on/done researched on that would make you stand out against all the other applicants that are in the running? We are not trying to dissuade you just trying to make you think.

Justryingtomakealivin in Centennial, Colorado

56 months ago

It seems that the BS is fast becoming the minimum to entry level work and that the Masters (of whatever) is what gives you the advantage, although companies like this will accept experience in lieu of a degree which is cool as not everyone has a degree but they still might have the experience and talent.

When I worked at ULA (LM and Boeing) the Analysts were mostly 20s and early 30s, very few with Masters degrees although most had experience under the belt.

I'm not in finance but rather the on the technology side.

Sola: Since I worked at an LM site my advice (and I still get recruiters from LM calling me now and then, mostly then, lol) is that when you see the req on their job site, really look at the description and then put as many of those key words in your resume as possible. Make your resume fit the job description and be truthful. When they do a background check they will verify it. Do some research on the company before you go to the interview so you have some idea as to how YOU will add VALUE to the company. VALUE makes you SHINE. If you simply say I have a BS in Business, I know nothing about your company, but I want a job, their answer will be "Thank you, NEXT".

56 months ago

Excellent answer Just when i went to for my second interview i was asked about a specific program and to the surprise of the HR Manager and the Hiring Manager I knew more about the program than they anticipated in fact they were shocked that i knew the program existed and that is what sealed the deal for me. Lockheed has an amazing history in fact many would be astonished to know the impact we've had on military aviation IF they would take the time to do the research instead they research the pay scale which is not what is going to be on the interview .

My advice: Learn the Legacy of Lockheed it is truly amazing!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.