Crazy Layoffs at LM

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Weapons Handler in Jacksonville, Florida

49 months ago

Very sruprised no one's talking about all the layoffs going on at my company. The company announcements listed at least 2000 jobs that were being cut, and they haven't even said a word about all the contracts that are being insourced! Now I'm in a position where I need to re-apply to do the same job that I've been doing for 2 years! VERY FRUSTRATING, when the company decides to lay off about 5 percent of its employees!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Had Enough in Falls Church, Virginia

49 months ago

6500 Enterprise Systems employees being offered "voluntary layoffs?" Oddly enough, it's mostly the 50+ crowd who're eligible for defined-benefit pensions who're getting this "amazing opportunity"...

More and more programs being insourced by the government every few months, with the DOD reducing contractors by 50% over the next 5 years?

No new business coming down the pike, with awards going out to smaller competitors?

Yeah, this company's pretty much shot it's wad. For the workers who're stuck on board, I feel for you. You can forget about any kind of pay raises over the next few years...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

curious in North Richland Hills, Texas

49 months ago

Wow, do you have some type of insight? Sad to see this happen to people that have dedicated their lives to this company...there are a lot of great people who work at Lockheed....such a sad day for many....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

UPennAlum02 in New Jersey

49 months ago

I used to work for Lockheed Martin in NJ. Good company, but TONS and TONS of dead wood people, and those so desperate about their own jobs that they will stab you in the back to keep from someone highlighting their incompetence / lack of involvement. I finally left after five years of that garbage to work for a small consultancy. Boy was that a wake up call - never experienced stuff like that before.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

b2b in New Castle, Delaware

45 months ago

UPennAlum02 in New Jersey said: I used to work for Lockheed Martin in NJ. Good company, but TONS and TONS of dead wood people, and those so desperate about their own jobs that they will stab you in the back to keep from someone highlighting their incompetence / lack of involvement. I finally left after five years of that garbage to work for a small consultancy. Boy was that a wake up call - never experienced stuff like that before.

I can't wait till I'm near my 5 year term also. I'm ready to leave as well. There is so much favortism here and pay raises do not come often any more. I'm holding out till the storm is over

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.