Getting a hold of a hiring manager

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

agoyette in Deltona, Florida

20 months ago

I applied to a Research Scientist Asc (Req# 218917BR and 218918BR)position at the Palmdale, CA location about 3 months ago. I havent heard anything about the position yet. I read on a lot of these discussions that you really need to know someone in the company to get the hiring managers info to contact them directly. This position fits my experience perfectly and I would love to work in that area but can get a hold of anyone. I would really appreciate if someone who is a LM employee would help me out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

20 months ago

Agoyette, I wish you luck but you might not be going about this the right way. A referral means that a current employee is vouching for your skills and knowledge-- I seriously doubt that someone would put their good name on the line for a total stranger they met over the internet (even a very well-qualified one!).

Why not just contact your nearest LM campus and ask for information on upcoming job fairs or outreach events? A personal contact will get you a lot farther than simply having your resume forwarded...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.