Got a phone interview coming up... Help!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

parkjo17 in Duluth, Georgia

51 months ago

I am very happy that I will be having a phone interview with a manager from Space Systems Company in Huntsville, Alabama for a multi functional financial analyst asc position. I've done an interview with the Aeronautics Company in Marietta, Georgia not too long ago but it was at the on-site interview instead. Is it different for each division or location?

Anyone know what the phone interview would be like? I assume it would pretty much be behavioral interview like the one I had in Marietta...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Tucson, Arizona

51 months ago

Yeah it should be the same. Just the basic behavioral questions. My phone interview with LM was only 30 minutes long. Good luck!

parkjo17 in Georgia

51 months ago

thanks!

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

Hi all,

How did your interviews go?

parkjo17 in Georgia

51 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Hi all,

How did your interviews go?

Hey Todd,

The interview went pretty well. It was like what Jeremy said, it was only 30 minutes long. Wasn't really asked any behavioral questions, just couple questions about my resume and asked if I am proficient in Microsoft office and if I am willing to work more than 40 hours a week to finish monthly financial reports. The managers spent more time talking than I did haha and joking to each other. I feel pretty good about it but let's see what happens.

51 months ago

Glad you enjoyed your interview, i hope you do well with the second one.

parkjo17 in Georgia

51 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Glad you enjoyed your interview, i hope you do well with the second one.

Hi Toddie,

Got couple questions I want to ask you. It seems you're very knowledgeable about the company (you probably work for LM)

I got a phone call from a recruiter in Georgia today that there is a position open in Fort Worth (Looks like my luck is getting better!) and whether I am interested (Of course I am!). I was told to upload the transcript in my profile and fill out the prescreening form. Just curious on how they evaluate the candidates before deciding if they're going to interview them. Never done this prescreening thing. The closest one was with Aeronautics a while back where a recruiter asked me couple simple questions like my GPA and if I would be available on the date of the interview.

parkjo17 in Georgia

51 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Glad you enjoyed your interview, i hope you do well with the second one.

Another question I have is I have a friend in LM. He told me he can refer me. I went into a website and checked out people's comments about the company. One person said that those who got referred by an employee will be at a disadvantage because it might show favoritism. Is that true?

Wow, this was long. But if you can help me with those, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for the kind words on my comments!

51 months ago

It is not necessarily favortism its more akin to some you already trust helping you find another trustworthy person but the bottom line depends on education, experience and qualifications. I personally didnt know anyone when i got hired by LM but I had what they needed and they called me.

Hope this helps and good luck!

parkjo17 in Georgia

50 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: It is not necessarily favortism its more akin to some you already trust helping you find another trustworthy person but the bottom line depends on education, experience and qualifications. I personally didnt know anyone when i got hired by LM but I had what they needed and they called me.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi Toddie,

I got a call from LM Aeronautics to schedule an interview with me last week! I have to go to a facility in Marietta, Georgia on Thursday to do video teleconference with managers from Fort Worth (First time doing video teleconference... Excited!) I do have a question. You mentioned the candidate is picked based on education, experience, and qualification but is there something else I can do to stand out? I'm proud of my education and I do have solid experience and qualification from my previous internship but as LM is a great company, it probably attracts very good candidates too. I know this is the company I want to have a career with but I would like to know what I can do to show them that I'm the person for this job. Look forward to your response!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.