Help Getting In

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

momo_aries in Clark, New Jersey

86 months ago

Would anyone that works at Lockheed be interested in helping me get my foot in the door? I am more than capable of doing the job I am interested in and I have a DOD issued clearance. I am sure LM offers compensation for referring someone who can do the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anon in Medford, New Jersey

86 months ago

cdelavergne@transomstaffing.com in California, Maryland said: I'm a recruiter working with LMIT in MD. Send my your resume, we have several open positions. I'll see if I have one that fits. We work on a six month contract period, after 6 months you become a LMCO employee.

Does the 6 months as a contract employee count towards a probationary period when hired? Please explain if not.
Furthermore, why CTH and not direct? Again, please explain.

Need to know in Highland, Maryland

86 months ago

I am interested in employment with LM but I am researching between a govt agency and LM. Could anyone provide any helpful information?? The govt agency work is a interest of mine but its in the field I am interested in but LM is in the field I am interested in as well as the work reflects that as well. Which is better govt or LM???? Also could you tell me about the:
1-working environment?
2-compensation? what is a typical salary for a professional new hire as a systems engineer or software engineer?
3-stability? i want to find a company that i can retire in. what is the logevity of LMT employees?
4-benefits?
5- any additional information you could provide....

lisa in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

cdelavergne@transomstaffing.com in California, Maryland said: I'm a recruiter working with LMIT in MD. Send my your resume, we have several open positions. I'll see if I have one that fits. We work on a six month contract period, after 6 months you become a LMCO employee.

Do you have any pull in the san antonio area? I have applied already for a contract job, but no word yet.

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

85 months ago

Does anyone have a breakdown on the ethnic and nationality of hirees?

I am a single white male, born and raised in America. Before I go through all the time and effort applying, I would like to know if I really have a chance.

Are quotas currently in place to hire only certain ethnic and nationality groups?

Cheri DeLaVergne in California, Maryland

85 months ago

Quotas are a thing of the past. If truth be known, I've been charged to find the missing US citizen white male engineers. LMCO needs US citizens with degrees for DoD contracts.

Forget It! in San Antonio, Texas

85 months ago

Well, today I went to a job fair the Lockheed Martin was present at. I went upto the fellow to talk to him about the recruiting process. After listening to how he couldn't answer anyone else's questions, I decided to still ask about the recruiting process. I had put in my app/resume at the beginning of June and haven't recieved a word. After staring at my breasts, he then introduced himself to me. He told me he didn't know the process really and that he didn't know anything about how the contract jobs work. I looked at his badge and it said "Military recruiter". In fact, he didn't know anything really about any of the jobs LM had opened. He then said "Well, if you were someone they wanted to hire, they would have called you. Maybe you don't have the experience." This answer was totally ignorant, especially since I have over 8 years experience in the military job they are looking to fill. After he continued to stare at my breasts, myself and my fiance walked away, along with a few others who noticed this rude gentleman's behavior. If this is the kind of treatment people get from a LM employee, and these are the answers we can expect from a recruiter for LM, then they can just take my resume and application and throw it out. I was very, very disappointed with the lack of manners and knowledge of this employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

85 months ago

Good riddance to Lockheed Martin or any other company that are ***backwards.

Sorry to hear about your mistreatment Forget It. I have the college degree with 4 1/2 years of experience and never get called. I'm sure you're not alone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheri DeLaVergne in California, Maryland

85 months ago

A lot of times "job offers" are "contingency offers". They are contingent on winning a particular contract. If LM does not win the contract, there is no job. Most DoD contractors operate this way. The one way to be sure there is an actual seat available is if the Offer Letter has a start date. If the offer letter has a start date and you did not come on board, it could mean you failed their background or reference check. Many jobs are contingent on background checks. I would call to find out what happended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

44149 in cleveland, Ohio

84 months ago

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio said: Does anyone have a breakdown on the ethnic and nationality of hirees?

I am a single white male, born and raised in America. Before I go through all the time and effort applying, I would like to know if I really have a chance.

Are quotas currently in place to hire only certain ethnic and nationality groups?

I just applied through Staffing Solutions. The next training class starts Aug 20. Give Rachel at Staffing Solutions a call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

marcy in seattle, Washington

84 months ago

My husband works for a very well known aerospace company in Seattle. We are looking to move to CO, and he is trying to get on with Lockheed Martin. He is very expierenced and qualified. He has applied for many jobs through the website, but we have not heard anything. Does anyone have any inside contacts that could help us get an interview? Any help would be appreciated!

lockheedhack lockheedhack in Fort Worth, Texas

84 months ago

marcy in seattle, Washington said: My husband works for a very well known aerospace company in Seattle. We are looking to move to CO, and he is trying to get on with Lockheed Martin. He is very expierenced and qualified. He has applied for many jobs through the website, but we have not heard anything. Does anyone have any inside contacts that could help us get an interview? Any help would be appreciated!

What does he do?

84 months ago

He is a software engineer

84 months ago

Thank you very much! We appreciate your help.

nosu in Galloway, Ohio

66 months ago

I think I got the job and my next step will be the background check. I have a clean record, I have never even gotten a speeding ticket. I am only 22 and on the online application where I had to list the past 10 years of my work experience, I left out two jobs that I had when I was 14 and 15 because I figured they were irrelevant. I was just wondering if I should contact HR and let them know about these two jobs or if it does not matter?

btran in Palo Alto, California

64 months ago

momo_aries, I got a job with them by applying through their website. I think that the best way to get an interview with Lockheed Martin is to apply for multiple positions through their website. You can and should apply to multiple positions that way you are exposed to multiple managers which increase your chance of getting a job with them. I interviewed with three different managers for three different positions and get offer for all of them.

Read my Lockheed Martin interview
www.jobnfo.com/content/my-interview-with-lockheed-martin

and also read my experience working at Lockheed Martin if you are interested.
www.jobnfo.com/content/lockheed-martin-best-place-work.

armari in Stockbridge, Georgia

64 months ago

I have been trying to go on Lockheed Martin for years. I have a college degree and currently working on my MBA. I am located in the Atlanta, GA area. Can anyone help me get on or if anyone know of any recruiter in the atlanta,ga area would be helpful. Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.