Interview in Fort Worth Texas

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 64)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Cory Carr in Maitland, Florida

22 months ago

Hello all. I just want to know what others have experienced with the hiring process for Lockheed Martin Corporation Aeronautics Division in Fort Worth Texas. I was flown out from Orlando Florida on Thursday 09/06 at their expense. I was supplied a rental car and put in a hotel for one night. My interview was at 0800 the next day. Once the security manager arrived I was given a pre screening. She said that I looked good to go for adjudicator investigation if I was hired and was moved into the interview. Interview lasted 30-45 minutes and consisted of very detailed behavior/situational type questions that seemed to really be uncomfortable. I had two interviewers who both had what looked like paper work with their list of questions and space for them to jot down their notes/grade. Before the interview they asked if I was willing to relocate and that no conversations of salary were to be discussed today. No emotion was ever showing during the interview, they seemed to be very professional. At the end of the interview they asked if I had questions. I had 8 questions for them and they were very informative with answering them. Once the interview was over I was given a business card and told that they do things very slow around here and have other interviews. There were a total of 8 other applicants there, however I do not know for what positions. I was taken to the front desk by the interviewer were he shook my hand and said I should go drive around Fort Worth before I leave. How long should I expect to wait for any contact in regards to this interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bikramkid in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

Wait forever- took me a month to call them and ask where I stood, only because I had other offers at the time. They rushed an offer to me and that was a month ago. Still waiting on all the paperword to be accepted/finalized. They do move at a snail's pace! Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas

22 months ago

I interviewed the 10th of Sept. and I'm waiting for a start date. I passed all the checks. When I interviewed, a guy from HR talked as if they needed people right now and could not hire them fast enough. My recruiter now says the positions are on hold.I don't understand what they are on hold for. He said they need 400 people. I guess it is just hurry up and wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

What positions are you talking about please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

I interviewed for assembler for the F-35

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

Ok, cool. I interviewed for Quality Engineer.

22 months ago

Have you heard anything back yet? I was given an offer letter and told to wait for a call from someone for a final start date. I'm hired,just don't know when I'm starting.

22 months ago

Have not hear anything, nor have I recieved any offer. They did tell me at interview that this would take some time. I do know that if you have recieved and accepted your offer....then you are in. You just have to wait on them. Congrats by the way!

22 months ago

Thanks, I wish the best for you too.

rflo110104

22 months ago

I'm going in for an interview tomorrow @ 0800 for same position as well, I will comeback and reply with a what happend with my experience @ the interview

22 months ago

rflo110104 said: I'm going in for an interview tomorrow @ 0800 for same position as well, I will comeback and reply with a what happend with my experience @ the interview

Good luck at your interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

rflo110104 said: I'm going in for an interview tomorrow @ 0800 for same position as well, I will comeback and reply with a what happend with my experience @ the interview

How did it go?

rflo110104

21 months ago

Well just like you, they flew me out, put me up in a hotel, and gave me a rental, interviewed with 1 person, lasted 5-10 mins tops, told me to wait back in the seating area and wait to be called on to sign paper work, He said pre screen takes @ least 6-8 weeks. I signed paper work and they sent me off to drug screen and physical and that was it. Luckily for me I have a job while I wait to hear something

21 months ago

rflo110104 said: Well just like you, they flew me out, put me up in a hotel, and gave me a rental, interviewed with 1 person, lasted 5-10 mins tops, told me to wait back in the seating area and wait to be called on to sign paper work, He said pre screen takes @ least 6-8 weeks. I signed paper work and they sent me off to drug screen and physical and that was it. Luckily for me I have a job while I wait to hear something

Did you sign a job offer? Most likely,you did. That means you are hired,Congratulations! It has been one month for me since I signed,but I did get an email from my recruiter saying I passed the background check and everything else.
When they herded you all in a room,did they talk like they couldn't get people to work there fast enough? That's how it sounded when I was there,like they were really hurting for help. Again,congrats and don't quit your current job yet. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

rflo110104 in New York, New York

21 months ago

Yes, I received n offer letter, signed it.There was about 10 people (maybe) there for an interview,and I didn't see them all to sign paperwork. Hopefully all turns out well; Did you get a start date?

21 months ago

I did not get a start date yet. I talked to my recruiter yesterday, and the impression I got is no one is getting a start date until after the election. I assume if Romney wins, we will all be happily employed. If Obama wins, we all are screwed. SO if you want a job, vote accordingly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

drew

21 months ago

I have also been in the same position . I signed an offer for assembler in fort worth back in august at their hiring fair. It took about 5 weeks for them to get back to me that I passed all the backgrounds and everything. Then they told me to complete my physical and drug test and that was about 4 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything from my recruiter about a start date either. I hope we all hear somethin soon. And if I do ill be sure to post

birdsoup in Arlington, Texas

21 months ago

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Did you sign a job offer? Most likely,you did. That means you are hired,Congratulations! It has been one month for me since I signed,but I did get an email from my recruiter saying I passed the background check and everything else.
When they herded you all in a room,did they talk like they couldn't get people to work there fast enough? That's how it sounded when I was there,like they were really hurting for help. Again,congrats and don't quit your current job yet. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Good to hear you passed your background check and everything. I don't think I will have a problem with mine but I got an offer on August 27th and when I ask my recruiter if I passed my background, physical and drug test all I get in return is... "I have no updates" I was originally told it would take 4 to 8 weeks and now at 8 weeks I'm being told to contact her again in another month. I'm just happy to hear I'm not the only one in the dark... but I wish my recruiter would have been a little more informative on my physical and background check...

kingkong in Arlington, Texas

21 months ago

I don't agree that voting for Romney will mean jobs for us at Lockheed. Obama was in office when they decided the amount of F-35's they needed. If anything, it's probably the other way around.

drew

21 months ago

I was just checking to see if anybody has heard anything about a start date. I still have not heard anything or have been able to get ahold of my recruiter. It's now been 10 weeks since I've signed an offer.

21 months ago

drew said: I was just checking to see if anybody has heard anything about a start date. I still have not heard anything or have been able to get ahold of my recruiter. It's now been 10 weeks since I've signed an offer.

I'm in the same boat. Signed an offer on August 27th for an assembly position and took my drug test and physical immediately after. Recruiter only tells me she has no updates when i ask if i passed my background check / physical or if there are any updates and told me to contact her in another month last week. I assume they are waiting on the election to get over...

Everyone in the same situation... Post when you get a start date and i will do the same!

drew

21 months ago

Glad to hear I'm not the only one I hope we all hear somethin soon. I wouldn't mind the wait I just wish they would let us know something, or that we at least for sure have the job.

21 months ago

drew said: Glad to hear I'm not the only one I hope we all hear somethin soon. I wouldn't mind the wait I just wish they would let us know something, or that we at least for sure have the job.

yeah, that would be nice...

Emily in Fort Worth, Texas

21 months ago

Well, I've accepted an offer at LM in Fort Worth, and my start date is 11/5. So, I guess they're not always waiting until after the election. My physical/drug screen and background check all went pretty smoothly, took a little over 2 weeks from the time I was officially "accepted" to getting the call on my start date. Sorry to hear others are waiting so long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rflo110104 in Burbank, California

21 months ago

What position did you apply for? Is it for the structures-assembly?

21 months ago

Emily in Fort Worth, Texas said: Well, I've accepted an offer at LM in Fort Worth, and my start date is 11/5. So, I guess they're not always waiting until after the election. My physical/drug screen and background check all went pretty smoothly, took a little over 2 weeks from the time I was officially "accepted" to getting the call on my start date. Sorry to hear others are waiting so long.

When was your interview, and what position did you sign an offer for?

21 months ago

My interview was around the beginning of September (5th or 6th, maybe). Support Services Clerk, so it's an office/clerical job. Maybe those are easier to move along quickly. Not really sure.

21 months ago

Emily in Fort Worth, Texas said: My interview was around the beginning of September (5th or 6th, maybe). Support Services Clerk, so it's an office/clerical job. Maybe those are easier to move along quickly. Not really sure.

Congrats! Now you are an insider who maybe can give us on the outside an idea of what is going on up there.

21 months ago

I'll be sure to update you guys if I'm able to figure out their process better once I start. :)

21 months ago

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Congrats! Now you are an insider who maybe can give us on the outside an idea of what is going on up there.

And thanks!

20 months ago

My recruiter emailed today and said all Assembler positions are on hold for the rest of the year and to contact her in January. *sigh* The wait continues......

rflo110104 in Tulsa, Oklahoma

20 months ago

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas said: My recruiter emailed today and said all Assembler positions are on hold for the rest of the year and to contact her in January. *sigh* The wait continues......

Did your recruiter contact you directly because you emailed them and they were replying back to you? I ask because I wonder if theyll send a mass email to everybody

20 months ago

I sent her an email. I try to keep in touch as much as possible. Email yours and see what they say and post back here.

drew

20 months ago

Who is your recruiter?

20 months ago

drew said: Who is your recruiter?

Laura Holtz,same one?

20 months ago

Bad news. I have a friend who works on the production line in Fort Worth.He, and 120 others, got pink slips yesterday. Their last day is Jan. 4th. Doesn't look like we will be working there, at least not for a long time.

rflo110104

20 months ago

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Bad news. I have a friend who works on the production line in Fort Worth.He, and 120 others, got pink slips yesterday. Their last day is Jan. 4th. Doesn't look like we will be working there, at least not for a long time.

20 mins after you posted your comment, I got an email from them about a website called inside connector as a way to reach them personally in re: to news, updates, satutuses, etc. I'm wondering if you or anybody else for that matter received the same.?

20 months ago

NO, I have not. Do you have a link?

drew

20 months ago

I recieved the same email last week and on the message board thing they make it sound like we are hired just waiting for a start date. Like it ends saying "we look forward to giving you your start date so you can start your career." Check your spam that's where mine showed up

rflo110104

20 months ago

drew said: I recieved the same email last week and on the message board thing they make it sound like we are hired just waiting for a start date. Like it ends saying "we look forward to giving you your start date so you can start your career." Check your spam that's where mine showed up

I checked my spam and sure enough it was sent on the 29th but I recevied another today in my inbox. I guess every email says the same. Have you sent any Msgs and have they replied back with any news ?

20 months ago

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Bad news. I have a friend who works on the production line in Fort Worth.He, and 120 others, got pink slips yesterday. Their last day is Jan. 4th. Doesn't look like we will be working there, at least not for a long time.

Are you positive about the layoffs? I'm not finding anything in the news about it and one would think it would be all over it...

20 months ago

And they have it all over the news that jobs are being moved from Georgia to Fort Worth... One would think that would mean they need us new hires

20 months ago

kingkong in Arlington, Texas said: Are you positive about the layoffs? I'm not finding anything in the news about it and one would think it would be all over it...

Yes, I am positive. My friend WORKS THERE. His last day is Jan 4

20 months ago

drew said: I recieved the same email last week and on the message board thing they make it sound like we are hired just waiting for a start date. Like it ends saying "we look forward to giving you your start date so you can start your career." Check your spam that's where mine showed up

Can I get a link to this message board/newsletter?

rflo110104 in Edmond, Oklahoma

20 months ago

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Can I get a link to this message board/newsletter?

The links they send are for you and have your personal info

ramosde86 in DOVER, Delaware

4 months ago

Emily in Fort Worth, Texas said: And thanks!

Hi Emily, thanks for your contribution to this thread. I know it's been quite a while since you got a start date at LM but I was wondering if you could provide me with some assistance, tips or suggestions as to how to apply to LM, particularly in Ft. Worth. I have a strong Logistics/Supply Chain background and I recently applied to 8 different positions in the Logistics, Project Planning, and Items Analyst areas. It's my first time applying since I'm about to transition out from the Air Force and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck!

David

4 months ago

David.
Don't hold your breath. Until this administration(Obama) is gone, you can forget about any jobs with Lockheed. Obama has destroyed this industry, and will continue to do so until his term is done. I suggest you look at other contractors,ie: L-3, Dyncorp, URS, until after the democratic control of our country is over.

Leslie Wi in Fort Worth, Texas

4 months ago

For kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas: respectfully, you are very mistaken abtout jobs with us. Lockheed Martin has been actively recruiting, and we still have hundreds of job openings and new career adventures all the time. We support many commercial and goverment programs, domestically and internationally. We have a diversified portfolio that supports continuous business and new business. If it's your dream to work for Lockheed Martin, you need only to be professionally persistent - there is a lot of due diligence and competition to work for a world-class organization, with worldwide locations, perks and benefits galore, and subject matter experts with patents and ideas and research, all willing to mentor and share.
Hope that helps!
~Leslie

Leslie Wi in Fort Worth, Texas

4 months ago

ramosde86 in DOVER, Delaware said: Hi Emily, thanks for your contribution to this thread. I know it's been quite a while since you got a start date at LM but I was wondering if you could provide me with some assistance, tips or suggestions as to how to apply to LM, particularly in Ft. Worth. I have a strong Logistics /Supply Chain background and I recently applied to 8 different positions in the Logistics, Project Planning, and Items Analyst areas. It's my first time applying since I'm about to transition out from the Air Force and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck!

David

David,
I will look forward to working with you since I can point you in the direction for the Aeronautics supply chain recruiting efforts in Fort Worth, TX. I see you are very active chatting on the threads here on Indeed.com about us - time to chat live with a recruiter! I think I see your contact information from where you applied to us, so watch for my email!
~Leslie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ramosde86 in DOVER, Delaware

4 months ago

Leslie,

Thank you for your message. I will look forward to your reply.

David

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.