The Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Lockheed Martin?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Woodbridge, Virginia

106 months ago

From my experience, the company already knows if they a. need you b. are going to hire you and c. they are only seeing if you will embarass them in the eyes of the company they are providing you to. Most of the selling job was done in the resume. If they call you in for an interview, just be sharp, look the part and don't do something stupid....the job will probably be yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

AGM in Garfield, New Jersey

105 months ago

No clue what it is like, keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Connolly in Stone Mountain, Georgia

105 months ago

HR policy says you have to interview a minimum (I think it's three) So, many times you are on the list but the selection has already been made.

However, if you are good in the interview (meaning someone who seems to be sharp, knowledgeable, presentable and amiable...), they may have another slot they can put you into.

I have found that they can do just about whatever they want so make a good impression (likeable) and you'll do ok. Asking smart questions is a plus.

Connolly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lockheedhack lockheedhack in Fort Worth, Texas

97 months ago

Connolly in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: HR policy says you have to interview a minimum (I think it's three) So, many times you are on the list but the selection has already been made.

However, if you are good in the interview (meaning someone who seems to be sharp, knowledgeable, presentable and amiable...), they may have another slot they can put you into.

I have found that they can do just about whatever they want so make a good impression (likeable) and you'll do ok. Asking smart questions is a plus.

Connolly

HR policy says you have to interview a minimum (I think it's three) So, many times you are on the list but the selection has already been made.

not true at all.....there is no minimum or maximum....no one interviews if a selection has already been made...what would be the sense in that? Where does this stuff come from? Jeeez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

SickOfLockheed in Washington, District of Columbia

97 months ago

The interview is always a sales call. Your resume most likely got you to the interview. Never take an interview for granted or think it is a formality. Be prepared to overcome objections and close the interviewer. Be compelling as to why you are the best fit for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

btran in Palo Alto, California

76 months ago

I had multiple interviews with Lockheed Martin and most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. Here are what Lockheed Martin looking for in a candidate.

Ethic - They want to make sure that you are ethical. Ethic is a huge part of Lockheed Martin since the stuffs that they build are critical to the success of our country.

Team work - It's very important that you work well with others. Lockheed Martin build on team work and respect.

Capable and responsible - They want to get a hint that you are capable and willing to go the extra mile to get your work done.

For more details read my Lockheed Martin interview
www.jobnfo.com/content/my-interview-with-lockheed-martin

and also read my experience working with Lockheed Martin if you are interested.
www.jobnfo.com/content/lockheed-martin-best-place-work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.