Is Lockheed Martin worth working for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Polaris in Why do you care, Hong Kong

73 months ago

I always wanted a job as a Robot Engineer, but I suck with computers. Im 14 year old, so I have a long way till work, but i want to start working on research and stuff. I've read many racing fiction books, and Lockheed Martin always come up as a racing team, and i want to work for them. Are they worth working for? good salary? benefits?

when i get into uni, i want a major in robotics, and a minor in programming/aeronautics, but now i have doubts, sicne i always quit in the middle of learning HTML, C++, etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

warehouse worker in Williamsburg, Missouri

73 months ago

Polaris in Why do you care, Hong Kong said: I always wanted a job as a Robot Engineer, but I suck with computers. Im 14 year old, so I have a long way till work, but i want to start working on research and stuff. I've read many racing fiction books, and Lockheed Martin always come up as a racing team, and i want to work for them. Are they worth working for? good salary? benefits?

when i get into uni, i want a major in robotics, and a minor in programming/aeronautics, but now i have doubts, sicne i always quit in the middle of learning HTML, C++, etc

My son has done two summers of internships for them and this is his final year of college. They offered him a permanent job with excellent benefits, high salary and he says they are great to work for. Go to their website and do some research about the jobs available and the requirements. He loves them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Polaris in Why do you care, Hong Kong

73 months ago

However, i dunno what to study for. Im 14 years old, and planniung for majors/minors for Uni xD...

i was thinknig

Major: Aeronautic Engineering
Minor:Robotics

however, now i kidna want to work for the military -_-

lockheed really worth working for?

72 months ago

Polaris in Why do you care, Hong Kong said: However, i dunno what to study for. Im 14 years old, and planniung for majors/minors for Uni xD...

i was thinknig

Major: Aeronautic Engineering
Minor:Robotics

however, now i kidna want to work for the military -_-

lockheed really worth working for?

Since you're still young, you have time to figure out what to major in. Don't narrow yourself down with it just yet. My son has a double major and a triple minor. It's a lot of work. He majors in Computer Science, and Mathematics and minors in Japanese Business, Physics and something else. I can't keep up! Those are both good things you picked. Keep researching it. Remember, civilian jobs give you more leeway in what you do than military jobs do. That all depends on whether you want to make your decisions or have them made for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rudy in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

warehouse worker in Williamsburg, Missouri said: Since you're still young, you have time to figure out what to major in. Don't narrow yourself down with it just yet. My son has a double major and a triple minor. It's a lot of work. He majors in Computer Science, and Mathematics and minors in Japanese Business, Physics and something else. I can't keep up! Those are both good things you picked. Keep researching it. Remember, civilian jobs give you more leeway in what you do than military jobs do. That all depends on whether you want to make your decisions or have them made for you.

Why doesn't your son just double major? It sounds like he's trying to build up the gpa if you ask me.

72 months ago

Rudy in Phoenix, Arizona said: Why doesn't your son just double major? It sounds like he's trying to build up the gpa if you ask me.

He does double major and double minor. I just don't always word things right when I'm typing. However, he does have a good GPA in and of itself. Does it really matter anyway? At least he's not sitting at home doing nothing with his life (not implying you are, btw) like some kids do. He is in his final year of college, has a job to go to after graduation, owns a car, rents an apartment, and hasn't asked me for a single dime. He also managed to fit in a year of study abroad in Japan without any help from me. He does it on scholarships, grants and loans, and works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.