Is there a problem with Lockheed's HR department in Fort Worth?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

njruncw in Fort Worth, Texas

81 months ago

I am looking at several positions that have been open for many weeks and months and have not gotten any interview requests. I also have a few people that are located in the company that are pulling for me and putting a good word in for me, but they all seem to be saying that they are having problems with HR and its new "rules" in hiring for positions. I know Lockheed very well, and think it would be a nice company to work for, but I never have seen a company where I applied for a position(s) and not have heard anything in return.

I am wondering if anybody else has noticed this? or am I doing something wrong?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jklowitz in Gainesville, Florida

81 months ago

I seem to be in a similar situation as you. Last month I had an on-campus interview at University of Florida with a Lockheed recruiter (it was a general college recruiting interview, not for any specific position) and I've applied to several positions on the Lockheed site. I felt like the interview went very well. A week after the interview I was contacted by email from a Lockheed recruiter in Dallas about a possible position in Sunnyvale, California. Right away I called him back on the phone, saying I was interested, and he sent me some pre-screening questions and requested my transcript and resume. I sent him those, now two weeks ago, and he said he would get back to me (usually in about 48 hours).

Well, I still haven't heard back from him. I sent him an email and tried calling (left a voicemail yesterday) asking him if there were any updates on the position, but didn't get a response.

I spoke with a friend of mine that works for Lockheed in New Orleans. She told me that her division had a "semi-hiring freeze" in place. At this point, I'm wondering if that is company wide. Maybe they've told their recruiters to cut off contact or something. Let me know if you hear anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

steelfan1978 in phoenix, Arizona

81 months ago

njruncw in Fort Worth, Texas said: I am looking at several positions that have been open for many weeks and months and have not gotten any interview requests. I also have a few people that are located in the company that are pulling for me and putting a good word in for me, but they all seem to be saying that they are having problems with HR and its new "rules" in hiring for positions. I know Lockheed very well, and think it would be a nice company to work for, but I never have seen a company where I applied for a position(s) and not have heard anything in return.

I am wondering if anybody else has noticed this? or am I doing something wrong?

Hi. I experienced something similar but I finally got an interview. The interview went well. The HR team that met with me told me they would get back to me within a few days. I had been interviewing with a few companies and one of them happened to make me an offer. So I called the HR rep the following week about 2 days after the interview asking how I did and I told her I had an offer. I provided to her the salary I was making and the offer of the other company. They said I would be extended an offer. I had issues with my application where it was not in the right format they wanted so that delayed everything. As of Monday this week the app was done right so it seemss? and they said they would send it over to compensation to get me a salary and offer. As of Monday I have not heard anything. I am not sure why it would take three days to get an offer but maybe they are just slow? I have another company interested in me and I do not want to waste another possibly good opportunity just to hear what lockheed is going to offer me. It is frustrating but I am hoping they are just real slow with their processes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

turtlemountain in ojai, California

80 months ago

jklowitz in Gainesville, Florida said: I seem to be in a similar situation as you. Last month I had an on-campus interview at University of Florida with a Lockheed recruiter (it was a general college recruiting interview, not for any specific position) and I've applied to several positions on the Lockheed site. I felt like the interview went very well. A week after the interview I was contacted by email from a Lockheed recruiter in Dallas about a possible position in Sunnyvale, California. Right away I called him back on the phone, saying I was interested, and he sent me some pre-screening questions and requested my transcript and resume. I sent him those, now two weeks ago, and he said he would get back to me (usually in about 48 hours).

Well, I still haven't heard back from him. I sent him an email and tried calling (left a voicemail yesterday) asking him if there were any updates on the position, but didn't get a response.

I spoke with a friend of mine that works for Lockheed in New Orleans. She told me that her division had a "semi-hiring freeze" in place. At this point, I'm wondering if that is company wide. Maybe they've told their recruiters to cut off contact or something. Let me know if you hear anything.

I have had the same experience, but with Northrop. I've been waiting for an offer for two weeks,after being told I would be offered one. Maybe there's a hiring freeze, and the recruiter doesn't want to deliver bad news, because I haven't been able to get a hold of her. Although I have heard of others having to wait two weeks, but in that case there was still communication.

Let me know how your situation works out.

Empowered in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

The process is slow as there is so many people involved in the "chain".

Not pleased with LM HR in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

58 months ago

I can't speak for the Ft. Worth division, though Maybe HR is doing you a favor to force you to look elsewhere - who knows you might get a job where you are treated fairly. I sure wish they hadn't bothered me.

LM has no trouble dumping people at any time, for any reason, when they are done with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.