Just got done with my interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Shawn Root in Little Rock, Arkansas

39 months ago

Was interviewing for a Field Engineer Sr position for the C-130J. My interviewer told me that he couldn't hive me an answer but that I should feel very happy on my flight home. now comes negotiations with HR. Was told the position was a Tier 3 but may get Tier 2 since I do not have a degree. I do have 10 years military experience, my FCC, and J-model experience(I'm told only .5% of the work force has this). Anyone have any HR strategies that they can impart on me? I know I only get to counter offer once.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JustNeedMe in Madison, Alabama

38 months ago

It's not easy to counteroffer with Lockheed Martin, it's best to take what they offer, and keep that in mind you get 3-5 percent raise every year, so that does help.

Recruiter Bob in Kansas City, Missouri

38 months ago

JNM, I disagree with you on this one. 3-5 percent raises are hardly typical, and no kid of raise is guaranteed. Most of the "Successful Contributors" I talked to last year got around 1-2 percent, and maybe 2-3 percent the year before. In any case, it's tied to your performance rating so I always recommend asking for more up front.

Shawn, just emphasize your experience and what you can bring to the company. The worst they can say is "NO." You might also want to check out my e-book "How to Get Hired by Lockheed Martin" on Lulu.com for some more advice.

38 months ago

That is weird, because I was successful contributor four years straight, and received 4-5 percent each year. My salary jumped almost 10k in two years. he can try and get more money up front, but I speak out of my experience with the comapny since I worked for them.

Recruiter Bob in Kansas City, Missouri said: JNM, I disagree with you on this one. 3-5 percent raises are hardly typical, and no kid of raise is guaranteed. Most of the "Successful Contributors" I talked to last year got around 1-2 percent, and maybe 2-3 percent the year before. In any case, it's tied to your performance rating so I always recommend asking for more up front.

Shawn, just emphasize your experience and what you can bring to the company. The worst they can say is "NO." You might also want to check out my e-book "How to Get Hired by Lockheed Martin" on Lulu.com for some more advice.

Shawn Root in Little Rock, Arkansas

38 months ago

Haven't heard anything yet. Recruiter thought he would hear something last week but nothing so far. Trying to be patient.

38 months ago

Please do keep me posted. Let us know what's the offer is and benefit.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.