LM Credit And Backround Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

ChristianMiller in Arlington, Virginia

79 months ago

I wanted to find out more information specifically about this credit and backround check. What are they checking for? Does anyone have any details about what they are looking for? The reason I ask is that I've been pretty much offered a guaranteed position to come to work for them Full Time. But at the same time Im a little apprehensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

blarg in San Jose, California

79 months ago

The background and credit check is typically done by an independent contractor. They will be the ones doing the investigation and will summarize you up for the company to decide. I believe, mainly, they will be verifying everything on your application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChristianMiller in Arlington, Virginia

79 months ago

My concern is the background criminal investigation that is performed. To be more specific, I know that this is performed by LM HR in California. However, my business unit is in the DC area. Once they receive the report, who makes the decision to proceed with hiring? Is it my manager? My manager's manager? or the HR department in California? I dont know if its a good idea to mess up the good reference that I already have right now. Or take the chance that my application, to work as a regular employee, would be rejected altogether because of what came up in the report. Then I would have no reference at all, and would be leaving in a bad light.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Renata in Stone Mountain, Georgia

78 months ago

Christian, Just wondering how it worked out. I have an interview with them tomorrow and my background/credit is not sqeaky clean. Wondering if it's even worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ChristianMiller in Arlington, Virginia

78 months ago

Renata, I work for them as a contractor. I am still not sure if I should try to become full-time, or continue contracting. I would say in your case, you should pursue an interview, because the worst that could happen is a rejection. Here, I have built up almost one year of a perfect reference and a job well done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

78 months ago

I am hoping to hear back from LM this Friday to determine if I will be offered the position or not. I am also curious as to how they perform checks and what the next steps in the process are.. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blarg in San Jose, California

78 months ago

Let me re-clarify this. The LM background check is no different than any other background check performed by any other company. If you've passed background checks at other places, chances are very likely you'll pass the LM one since they hire another company to do it like every other company.

Security clearance is another issue... some jobs don't require a security clearance, but other's are contingent upon it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tobie in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

When applying for a job at LM that require security clearance does candadates who already have the required security clearance have a better chance than someone who doesn't? Does experience play a role?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

78 months ago

What's odd is, the job listing I applied for said clearance: Secret, yet he never mentioned it to me at all in the interview which I thought was rather odd. My friend works for LM and he said he got hired first, and the clearance part comes later. He basically said it's a 40 page biography of your life and it's really intensive. I would think people who already have one would have a better shot at getting a job since the company doesn't have to pay for another one and wait to see what happens with this person.. In the position I applied for (it's office work) it may not be as stringent. They may have had more people "off the street" for this type of work since it's admin related and not military or engineering, so the odds are for me anyway that they didn't have anyone interview who already had a clearance. At least I hope..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

78 months ago

blarg in San Jose, California said: Let me re-clarify this. The LM background check is no different than any other background check performed by any other company. If you've passed background checks at other places, chances are very likely you'll pass the LM one since they hire another company to do it like every other company.

Security clearance is another issue... some jobs don't require a security clearance, but other's are contingent upon it.

My friend said they only go back 7 years.. is that true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Tucson, Arizona

78 months ago

That's totally true; although I think they went back ten on mine, I can't remember.

I remember when I was in the Navy and they conducted an SSBI (single scope background investigation) they interviewed my parents and my sister. They do this to tell whether you're bad with money or may have acquaintances that might compromise the LM company or position that you're filling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

78 months ago

Thanks for that! If it's 7-10 years I should be fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Tucson, Arizona

78 months ago

Tobie in Denver, Colorado said: When applying for a job at LM that require security clearance does candadates who already have the required security clearance have a better chance than someone who doesn't? Does experience play a role?

I would say yes, because if you think about it someone with a clearance has already saved the company 10,000 dollars or greater because that's how much it takes to process a clearance. Hands down, if two people have the same qualifications, but one has a security clearance, they're going to take the person with the security clearance.

I also think that experience plays a heavy role also, because i've applied to several positions which require a security clearance, but with my lack of experience, I haven't been able to land the job that I want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

blarg in San Jose, California

78 months ago

For a better idea of the security clearance application, google SF-86... that's the standard application. I believe everything is based off of that application but the level of investigation depends on the clearance level. That will also clarify how far the go back... some are 7-10 years but others are forever.

I don't believe there's really a preference for if you have a clearance or not. I know quite a few people who were hired "off the streets" for black project positions. That being said, I would assume it doesn't hurt to already have one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ChristianMiller in Arlington, Virginia

75 months ago

blarg in San Jose, California said: Let me re-clarify this. The LM background check is no different than any other background check performed by any other company. If you've passed background checks at other places, chances are very likely you'll pass the LM one since they hire another company to do it like every other company.

I've never had to go through a backround check of any type for a job. I'm being offered a permanent position with LM, that does not require a security clearance. However, I do have a misdemeanor from over 7 years ago, that is a sex offense. I just dont know if they would accept that, or if I should bring it to the hiring manager's attention before I submit the application to find out what she thinks? Im nervous about this.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sunset in Phoenix, Arizona

74 months ago

M in Hampton, Virginia said: Thanks for that! If it's 7-10 years I should be fine.

How long did your background check take? Did corporate call you and let you know asap?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MForde in E.Lansing, Michigan

74 months ago

Hello,

I have an interview with Lockheed Martin next week, and am a little worried about their background check. I received an impaired driving misdemeanor (DUI to a lesser degree) about a year ago, after driving home from a college basketball game. It was truly a lapse of judgment and I have learned from my mistake. Since then I graduated with honors and am trying to land a job. My question is, if I disclose this charge upfront will it eliminate me from the running? Or should I let LM's background check find the charge and then let them ultimately make the decision. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

themuffinman in Fort Worth, Texas

74 months ago

MForde in E.Lansing, Michigan said: Hello,

I have an interview with Lockheed Martin next week, and am a little worried about their background check. I received an impaired driving misdemeanor (DUI to a lesser degree) about a year ago, after driving home from a college basketball game. It was truly a lapse of judgment and I have learned from my mistake. Since then I graduated with honors and am trying to land a job. My question is, if I disclose this charge upfront will it eliminate me from the running? Or should I let LM's background check find the charge and then let them ultimately make the decision. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

You MUST disclose on the application/questionaire, not disclosing is reason to reject. I am currently undergoing a background check with them. My sister in-laws boyfriend offer to Lockheed was recinded due to non-disclosure of a failure to appear over a speeding ticket, he provided documentation which showed it was a clerical error on the courts behalf and Lockheed reoffered him the position. He starts Dec 1st

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nosu in Galloway, Ohio

71 months ago

blarg in San Jose, California said: Let me re-clarify this. The LM background check is no different than any other background check performed by any other company. If you've passed background checks at other places, chances are very likely you'll pass the LM one since they hire another company to do it like every other company.

Security clearance is another issue... some jobs don't require a security clearance, but other's are contingent upon it.

I think I got a job with LM and my next step will be the background check. I am only 22 and on the online application when I had to put my past 10 years of work experience I left out two jobs that I had when I was 14 because I figured they were irrelevant. I was just wondering if I should contact HR and let them know about these jobs because the background check seems intense. I have a completely clean record I have never even had a speeding ticket.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DQQ in Denver, Colorado

71 months ago

nosu in Galloway, Ohio said: I think I got a job with LM and my next step will be the background check. I am only 22 and on the online application when I had to put my past 10 years of work experience I left out two jobs that I had when I was 14 because I figured they were irrelevant. I was just wondering if I should contact HR and let them know about these jobs because the background check seems intense. I have a completely clean record I have never even had a speeding ticket.

Wouldn't worry about the 2 jobs when you were 14. This background check is just to make sure you aren't wanted for something, or have a tax lien, etc.

If you have to get a security clearance for your job, that is a very different story. Let me know if you have questions about that.. I've been through them a few times. (Have a TS/SCI)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nosu in Galloway, Ohio

71 months ago

DQQ in Denver, Colorado said: Wouldn't worry about the 2 jobs when you were 14. This background check is just to make sure you aren't wanted for something, or have a tax lien, etc.

If you have to get a security clearance for your job, that is a very different story. Let me know if you have questions about that.. I've been through them a few times. (Have a TS/SCI)

I do have to get a clearance. HR said they will contact me later about that. I am not really sure what exactly I have to do for the clearance but I plan on disclosing absolutely everything on that. Thank you for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gaith12 in Gaithersburg, Maryland

45 months ago

DQQ in Denver, Colorado said: Wouldn't worry about the 2 jobs when you were 14. This background check is just to make sure you aren't wanted for something, or have a tax lien, etc.

If you have to get a security clearance for your job, that is a very different story. Let me know if you have questions about that.. I've been through them a few times. (Have a TS/SCI)

Would you be willing to talk about the process and answer some specific questions I have? What is your email address?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.