LM onsite interview in Orlando - questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Hopefully Hired in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

I was invited to fly down to Orlando and to interview at the Orlando Regional Recruiting Center for a IT position within the Missiles and Fire Control department.

A friend of mine is an Ex-LM employee and that person forwarded my resume to a manager in FT. Worth...who then forwarded my resume to a hiring manager in Orlando.

LM paid for my flight, hotel, rental car and all expenses. Its been nearly a week since my interview.....

Any tips on whats next?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobless at LM in New York

68 months ago

If you are offered a position, you should know that Orlando probably has the best business model for all of LM. They position themnselves in a way that they pick up a load of smaller contracts rather than throwing all their eggs in one basket and going for the home run. I much rather work for management that is going after all work rather than the onesie, twosie billion dollar contracts. These guys in Florida know what it takes to bring in the Benjamins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I received my offer letter packet earlier this week and signed it and faxed it back to HR in Orlando.

I'm curious as to the exact location of my training. HR informed me that I'd receive that information a day or two before I'm scheduled to start. That doesn't leave me much time to plan ahead due to the fact I'm not living in Florida at this moment.

Also, it appeared that HR and the hiring manager were not in direct contact with each other....yet this could just be a isolated incident.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

job_protector in Land O lakes, Florida

68 months ago

I been with Lockheed for two years, once you're in is completely different, majority of the management is very unprofessional. I'm also with the Army Reserve and everytime that I put a military leave is a mess, the communication between managers, payroll department and HR is extremely poor. Also I was looking for relocation because of wife job so I applied for the same exact position in FL and they told that my experience was irrelevant or not enough.... It's really odd

68 months ago

Sorry to hear that it seems that management is unprofessional. I'm taking the position as an "at will". Basically LM can let me go at anytime if they'd like or I can resign at anytime with little or no notice.

If I don't like the environment then I'll just slide out and look for something else. Thats the beauty of IT......

thegoalie in Florida

67 months ago

Hopefully Hired in Los Angeles, California said: I'm taking the position as an "at will". Basically LM can let me go at anytime if they'd like or I can resign at anytime with little or no notice.

That's standard, isn't it? My offer said the same thing. [I also interviewed through an Orlando recruiter, however, it was for an engineering position in a different business unit than yours.]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.