Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (Fort Worth, TX)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

techfiend in Allen, Texas

84 months ago

Hey everyone. I am interviewing for a Elec & Electr Lab Mech position at the location in Ft. Worth. I want to get some information about that division and what they do so I can be as informed as possible for my interview. Information or tips about finding the information are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

themuffinman in Fort Worth, Texas

80 months ago

What is your skillset? I work there myself in Design and Developement Labs.

dan payne in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

themuffinman in Fort Worth, Texas said: What is your skillset? I work there myself in Design and Developement Labs.

Muffin - Do you use LeCroy scopes in the lab? Is this Troy's lab?

79 months ago

Not Troy's Lab. Not sure what LeCroy scopes are.... We do alot of wiring and building of chassis for tests relating to various fighter jets.

dan payne in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

themuffinman in Fort Worth, Texas said: Not Troy's Lab. Not sure what LeCroy scopes are.... We do alot of wiring and building of chassis for tests relating to various fighter jets.

Digital scope also used in time of flight

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nikebob in Fort Worth, Texas

74 months ago

I would like to know how one goes about getting an interveiw or getting their foot in the door at the Lockheed Martin, here in Fort Worth, Texas. I live about 6 miles from Lockheed and have 12 years of aerospace experiance. I have tried everything, I have applied online and been to the job fairs that they have been at. I have had freinds walk my resume in, but nothing seems to help. Are they just that hard to get on or what? Could someone tell me something, or who to contact. I am also a veteren, but that doesn't even seem to mean much. I have heard wonderful things about Lockheed Martin, and the people that work there. Just always hoped that one day they would see my resume and give me a chance. If anyone can help, or tell me what I could do, I would very much like to hear from you. Thank you and God Bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I got in as a contractor, and I know of many others that did as well. I worked a year as a contractor, then they hired me full time. What are your skills?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Thank you so much, do you like working there? I was a Bill of Materials Analyst,
for Howell Instruments Inc., until I lost my job in December. Do you have a contact, my skills are :

Created, revised and maintained all Bill of Materials for all production items.
Received all Engineering Change Notices and Item Master Changes from Engineering Department.

Used this information to create, and analyze the impact of the Change Notices to ensure accuracy.

Revised all Bill of Materials for product to ensure accurate, and up to date information.

Maintained database of all changes, and the status of each Bill of Material.

Issued and maintained all Work Orders for the support of all Production, and issued shortages for those Work Orders for completion.

Assisted with the control and management of inventory and material locations toreduce inventory costs while increasing inventory accuracy.

74 months ago

I can say its a job.... and yet its a job I plan on retiring from, and most people do who work here, which says alot I think. It has its perks, not many people get to climb into the cockpit of a jet, but of course not everyone here does, but I do occasionally. I work in the engineering department, in the labatories however. I am not involved in the production, only design and developement. I will check around the office and see if there any current openings, I would check out the job fairs that we have listed on the website, there's a few in texas coming this month. (el paso, houston) I personally got temped in by Asgard, and a buddy of mine through Midcom, and like I said we got hired after a year. The jobs you see on the web are hard to get, not to discourage you, but management is required to post positions on web for a certain amount of time, even if they already know who they want to hire. Human Resources tries to overcome a managers preference by picking the best candidate based on his or her resume suited to the job for an interview, so, if the job is "earmarked" the job will be tailored to someones unique resume. ;) Anyways, I work with drawings all the time and we are always redlining them acording them to build and sending them back to get redrawn, maybe your in there somewhere...

74 months ago

oh and by the way, I noticed your into golf... Alot of the guys here are too... Maybe I'll just let you know when and where the hiring managers playing...hahaha

74 months ago

Thank you for the feed back, yes I like to play golf, and that would be great, maybe I could get an interview on the 18th green, wow. I have been to a couple of their local job fairs, and gave them my resume. No luck so far, and as far as their web site, I have never heard of anybody getting an interview, or even a job offer through their job site. What you said, all seems to make sense now. Do you work in the big building in White Settlement, the one with no windows? Top Seceret??? I would like to thank you for all your help, I know we don't know each other, but you have been a big help. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to work at Lockheed, but it sure is nice to think about it. You are very lucky, I am very happy for you. Maybe one day we can exchange emails, Thanks again for everything.

74 months ago

What happen to themuffinman, it's been a while, are you ok, take care!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.