Lockheed Martin After Interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

58 months ago

GEE you "heard" the work environment is hostile at Lockheed Martin but have you ever work there yourself? Lockheed Martin is a fortune 100 company and the largest defense contractor in the world. They have also have an immense impact on military aviation and a long standing history of creativity and innovation. I dont think any company can do all those things if they had a hostile work environment. There are circumstances where people are terminated for several reasons which I am not going to get into. My advice is to experience the environment before you make a judgement. If Lockheed Martin was such a horrible company why would so many people want to work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

58 months ago

There is no magic resume formula, it is how you present your education, experience and qualifications. What makes you stand out more than the other applicants. When you apply for a position are you applying for just any position or are you applying for a position in which you've had quite a bit of experience/education

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dispicable41 in Annapolis, Maryland

56 months ago

I have over 20 years experience with LM. It can be a good company but sometimes you wind up working for pretty bad managers. They pay very well, at the top of the class and you can go far if you can find the right champions. You just have to be able to live with their diversity programs, continuous compliance training and doing very motivating things like canceling Christmas parties at the last minute. It also depends on what Business area you work with. Would avoid IS&GS. Little inspiration. Get into groups servicing their DoD customers - Good working environment but do expect to work hard and put in OT.

As for resume tips;
- Make it easy to read - Your core skills should jump right out.
- Put in Task - What you did - and Results format.
- Find someone who works there - increases your potential
- Intern or work study - you can get a offer in your junior year to come back as an employee
- Remove non-relevant work experience - Dont really care if you worked at Wall mart -
- If you go to an interview - Prepare your answers - The interview will not likely be technical - You wont get to interview unless you are qualified - Interviews are looking for motivated, self starters, team players. Questions are focused on that - Answer with experiences from school on projects, dont make it about you - Focus on how you helped the team yada yada yada- Make them results focused. How did your contributions relate to the end results....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

suki86 in Toronto, Ontario

54 months ago

Hi,
I had an phone interview with Lockheed Martin for about ten minutes. It was fully behavioural questions. I guess it was kind of easy and interesting. But i am kind of tensed what is next? because i never got any email application or anything from them after that as the older posts are mentioning.
So, can i know what is the next process step????? any clues?????
Thank you in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

XYZ123 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

53 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: GEE you "heard" the work environment is hostile at Lockheed Martin but have you ever work there yourself? Lockheed Martin is a fortune 100 company and the largest defense contractor in the world. They have also have an immense impact on military aviation and a long standing history of creativity and innovation. I dont think any company can do all those things if they had a hostile work environment. There are circumstances where people are terminated for several reasons which I am not going to get into. My advice is to experience the environment before you make a judgement. If Lockheed Martin was such a horrible company why would so many people want to work there?

Well I had the Lockheed Experience and it was a nasty place to work, in my opinion. But guess what! Working is a choice. Don't like it get out because the culture of aggression at Lockheed isn't going to change for you. And most people will stay these days until they are kicked out by a mass firing, or (oops) I mean "restructuring". Pick your poison. Stress and health issues made worse by working at a hostile place or the possibility of Long term unemployment these days?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Eric Frasier in Powder Springs, Georgia

52 months ago

I took a 2 month aircraft structures course for Lockheed Martin & upon completing you were supposed to be given an interview & hired upon passing another background check.Most of my class were contacted the very next day after completing our projects & some took a about a month to be contacted but it has been over 2 months & i havent heard anything as of yet.Since my class has finished,another class has done so as well & students from that class has been contacted & already begun working.I have gone back to the school which tried helping but dont have any answers & i have even emailed some LM members & havent gotten a reply.The LM Union has also tried helping but cant get any answers so i was wondering if anyone can give me any information to assist me in this matter,thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

VP in Lansing, Michigan

51 months ago

I was told that I failed my online application. I answered NO to the question about criminal record..the thing is that I did not know that misdemeanor is a crime. I know that LM will do a complete background check and my misdemeanor(9.5 years ago) will comes up before I filled my application. Is there anyway I can plead my case due to the fact that I did not know misdemeanor is a crime...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Niceville, Florida

50 months ago

VP, sorry man, you're probably out of luck. LM doesn't have an "appeals" process for applicants who're denied a job. What position were you tracked to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mixer Mike 2 in Baghdad, Iraq

50 months ago

VP in Lansing, Michigan said: the thing is that I did not know that misdemeanor is a crime

LOL, you've got to be kidding...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Happy to be Ex-Lockheed in Washington, District of Columbia

43 months ago

gee718 in Washington, District of Columbia said: You have to be very careful with this company, because they think everyone is deseperate to work for them. If they offer you a job, you insist that they give you a letter of job offer. Once you receive the letter of job offer, then, and only then do you give your current employer a two weeks notice. Some recruiters test you to see if you will stab your current employer in the back, or leave them high and dry. If you do, the new employer will assume you will treat them the same way if you tried to leave them.\

I say: I don't know why Lockheed would be concerned that you would stab your current employer in the back to go work for them. All I met at Lockheed were the kind of people that weren't loyal to anyone but themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cbrink2512 in Cape Coral, Florida

42 months ago

Hey so I got my interview last thursday from the HR in Edwards AFB California. Monday I got a call saying they would like to offer me the position and sent me an offer sheet with a ton of stuff to get done. Well today is thursday and my drug screen and physical are done. This morning I got an email from LM security saying my clearance had been reinstated since I just got out of the military and that my background check came back with no records found. So with that being said does anyone know how long it takes from this point or if there is anything that can still keep me from getting the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Ashland, Kentucky

41 months ago

What type of drug test was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Ashland, Kentucky

41 months ago

what type of drug screen did they use?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stephen243 in ORLANDO, Florida

39 months ago

Hello,

I recently applied for a job in Lockheed martin and I got a phone interview that lasted around 30 mins, after that, they told me someone will contact me to let me know the status of the interview. Yesterday, I got an email from HR in Orlando and they told me to fill an online employment form and complete an attached Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and also i had to upload my transcripts. Do you guys think I would get a job offer? because I only had one phone interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Boat in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I applied for a Project Cost Estimator on Lockheed Martin's career web site. They reviewed my resume and thought I would be a fit for a Multi Functional Financial Analyst LM is seeking to fill. They set the interview for Thursday June 7, 2012 in Grand Praire, Dallas. LM paid for my flight, hotel, and a rental car. I interviewed with a panel of three managers. Both technical and behavioral questions. I am anxiously waiting for an offer!! They told me I will hear from them in 2 weeks! I can't wait to hear from them!! Counting the days!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JKS Mechanical engineer!! in Augusta, Georgia

35 months ago

Hello to you all I applied for mecahnical engineer then they elinked me an aplication to fill out i did then a recruiter sent me an email to verify my security clearance whats next?

JFrazier57 in Baltimore, Maryland

33 months ago

Recruiter Bob in Niceville, Florida said: VP, sorry man, you're probably out of luck. LM doesn't have an "appeals" process for applicants who're denied a job. What position were you tracked to?

Recruiter Bob, any idea what kind of appeals one can make if they interviewed and accepted a req for one job field, and then during onboarding, after they quit their job and moved from CA to MD using the relocation package, were told they were being moved to another position and group within the same department. Same job title, but not even a phone call when they knew in advance. Any corporate policies broken or is it pretty much the hire is out of luck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

This isn't what you want to hear, but I think you're probably still out of luck. The defense industry shifts priorities very often based on the needs of our customer (the government), so changes in position descriptions and acquiring additional responsibilities are often the norm, especially if you're working on a newly-acquired contract. I'd recommend sticking with the position and using it as a foot in the door until you can find something that's a little more tailored to your interests. Do your best to get the job done, since there's probably someone else out there who would love to be working where you're at.

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas

33 months ago

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois said: This isn't what you want to hear, but I think you're probably still out of luck. The defense industry shifts priorities very often based on the needs of our customer (the government ), so changes in position descriptions and acquiring additional responsibilities are often the norm, especially if you're working on a newly-acquired contract . I'd recommend sticking with the position and using it as a foot in the door until you can find something that's a little more tailored to your interests. Do your best to get the job done, since there's probably someone else out there who would love to be working where you're at.

Recruiter Bob, Do you know why it takes so long to get a start date? I was interviewed, given a job offer, did Physical, background check and drug screen (passed all) and told to wait for a start date. That was all almost 2 months ago. Still waiting for that start date. My recruiter said to get back with her in Mid November. I don't understand. At the interview, they talked as if they were hurting so bad and couldn't get people in the door fast enough to work. It was for an assembler Position in Ft. Worth. Are they waiting for the election to get over with or no?

Chris239 in Edawdrs AFB, California

33 months ago

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois said: Welcome to the world of defense contracting! Remember that LM works to support the customer's (military's) needs, and right now there's a lot of concern about sequestration and budget cuts if this whole "fiscal cliff" thing happens. Is your program new, or has it been mentioned as a target for potential funding cuts (F-35 JSF, or the M-1 Abrams tank? If so, then your start date is probably being delayed by all this uncertainty. If the customer (military) isn't sure what type of budget they'll have available then they can't prioritize their needs, so they won't be able to ask LM or other contractors to go ahead and start on the work.

My advice: Take a breath, and remember that most of this stuff is well beyond the control of the individual employee. I hope you get your start date as soon as possible, regardless of any politics. Once you've got your foot in the door, work hard at your job, build your network of contacts, and always keep an eye on what's coming up over the horizon!

Hey the reason you have not gotten a start date is because LM is waiting to hear what is going to happen with sequestrian. They dont want to hire someone they are going to have to turn around and let go. We were all emailed that we may be gettin notices that we could be let go sometime in november

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kimmeastar in Corpus Christi, Texas

33 months ago

Chris239 in Edawdrs AFB, California said: Hey the reason you have not gotten a start date is because LM is waiting to hear what is going to happen with sequestrian. They dont want to hire someone they are going to have to turn around and let go. We were all emailed that we may be gettin notices that we could be let go sometime in november

I kinda figured that. So what do you think happens if Mitt Romney is elected?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

No longer Wanted in Garrettsville, Ohio

31 months ago

gee718 in Washington, District of Columbia said: You have to be very careful with this company, because they think everyone is deseperate to work for them. If they offer you a job, you insist that they give you a letter of job offer. Once you receive the letter of job offer, then, and only then do you give your current employer a two weeks notice. Some recruiters test you to see if you will stab your current employer in the back, or leave them high and dry. If you do, the new employer will assume you will treat them the same way if you tried to leave them. Remember, NEVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES! Leave in good standings. If the new job does not work out, you just might want your old job back! The unemployment lines and very, very, long, while the benefits are very short! I have personally heard that the work environment is very hostile at Lockheed Martin ! Do you remember the disgruntled employee who shot and killed employees and himself! Research, Research, Research!

My Lockheed Martin History: 6 years Akron, Ohio and laid off due to UAW contract change.
6 years Reston, Virginia and laid off due to a contract loss.
exceptional contributor rating w/ TS/SCI clearance and now black
balled from any more employment with them.
* I have done outstanding while employed with Lockheed Martin but I suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in 2005 and I had a second head trauma when I passed out fell from a blood sugar problem that, made me feel really unsafe with the 80 mile commute in DC traffic. They brought me aboard for the 3rd time and with no pre-employment physical and I just couldn't cut the commute. I couldn't afford to relocate to the Springfield,VA area and I was looking forward to possible employment in Augusta, GA where I would have had a 10 minute drive to the site that I did 3 TDY trips to with Lockheed Martin while employed in Reston. So sad but It's time to move on.

BobbyJ928 in Santa Barbara, California

27 months ago

I was just curious. I have a pending furnishing alcohol to minors charge, will that automatically disqualify me when it comes up on my background check? I got an offer from Boeing and disclosed that information but they rescinded their offer anyway because of it. Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks.

Recruiter Bob LM in Haiti

26 months ago

There's only a few things that will "automatically" disqualify you from holding a security clearance, since each applicant is reviewed individually on a case-by-case basis, BUT--- you might have greatly reduced your chances here.

While that's not the most serious charge in the world, the fact that it's still pending means that that it was a RECENT lapse in judgement, and that RIGHT NOW you might not be considered trustworthy enough to safeguard classified information. Just my opinion, but I'd expect that Lockheed Martin would probably give you the same answer that Boeing did.

Good luck....maybe a few years of successful non-cleared employment would help show potential employers that you've matured since this incident.

Hailey in Kennesaw, Georgia

12 months ago

What kind of drug test is given?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TeddyP in Rome, Georgia

12 months ago

I received a phone interview and immediately after was sent an email to fill out an application. Now I am scheduled for a face to face interview tomorrow... is this normal? does this say anything for my chances?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan D Sprague in Santee, California

4 months ago

Does anyone know what this Test that I have to take is about. I am applying for a Calibration job with Lockheed Martin, I have phone interviewed and now have a test scheduled, I was told it is two tests and will take about 4 hours to finish. But no one could tell me what it is about. I am getting a little nervous since I have no idea what the tests are over. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus Sullivan in Texas

4 months ago

Jonathan D Sprague in Santee, California said: Does anyone know what this Test that I have to take is about. I am applying for a Calibration job with Lockheed Martin , I have phone interviewed and now have a test scheduled, I was told it is two tests and will take about 4 hours to finish. But no one could tell me what it is about. I am getting a little nervous since I have no idea what the tests are over. If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

It's probably a test of your abilities to perform the job. Since the job is calibration then you will likely do some calibrations. This shouldn't be a problem if you are qualified for the position.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.