Lockheed Martin After Interview?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

John Parkers in Reading, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Hello,
I had a interview yesterday in Baltimore for a position. I was wondering what everyone things about this. It seemed like they were interested and talked about the location if I get hired where I would be and all. I guess I am more gearing towards the question how long does it take for them to usually call back. They said they will be in touch but just so tempted to put my 2 weeks notice in at my current job. Any advice or help with this question. I read that some people interviewed on a monday or tuesday and got job offer same week is this the case for most or can it be more than that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

cavalier25 in orlando, Florida

77 months ago

hey there,
i interviewed 3 days ago and i'm still waiting on the offer. I guess i'm in the same boat as you. However, my recruiter did tell me to wait until they give me an offer after i accept it.. they would do a background check. Once that is cleared then i can put in my 2 weeks notice at my current job. They recommend to wait until the Background check clears in case something goes wrong. Hope this helps...
PS: you posted this 7 days ago.. maybe you got your offer already? if so how long did it takes... thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Cavalier25,
I got a offer this afternoon. I did the whole application online after getting the offer. I am actually putting my 2 weeks in tommorow because I wanna have 1 week to myself before the job starts..Not sure how fast they get you in the door for orientation and everything..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Ah that's great... I'm happy for you!! I already filled out my application, they told me i got the job after the interview and sent me the link... so now i'm waiting for them to review it and send me the offer. Did you counter offer them?? I wonder how that goes if you counter offer them will they withdraw the offer! I'm so anxious right now. At least you filled out the app afterwards. I filled out the app before so i had to put in my desired salary so i'm not sure how close they gonna be. Anyways, thank you for your feedback!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Yeah , I got the offer and accepted. What will you be working as for them?
Also they run a background and credit check which I signed off and had to fax back to the recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

My position is going to be systems engineer. What about you? I got the form for the credit check as well. I signed it and faxed it to them. I hear from them everyday it's just a matter of them getting the offer together. FLoridians might be a bit slow :) I interviewed on Monday so i'm hoping for something today or at the latest next monday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Yeah I faxed the credit check to them as well. My position is analyst. Yeah I did the online form with the school stuff and everything already. I guess now im waiting for all to go through. I put my 2 weeks already in at my current job. I was so happy to do that!
Next is the drug test they told me..It looks like till I start it will be about 2 weeks either way with everything going so slow .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChristianMiller in Arlington, Virginia

75 months ago

Hi John, I wanted to ask you a question specifically about this credit and backround check. What are they checking for? Do you have any details about what they are looking for? The reason I ask is that I've been pretty much offered a guaranteed position to come to work for them Full Time. But at the same time Im a little apprehensive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

You should not worry about that. I was very anxious myself but i passed it. About 95% of the candidates that accept the offer are cleared to start with them. Basically, they do a background check and see if you have any criminal records and anything that might seem suspicious to them. If you have a clean record, you will be fine! best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ChristianMiller in Arlington, Virginia

75 months ago

Thats the thing, I dont have a clean record. I do have an excellent credit record however.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gee718 in Washington, District of Columbia

75 months ago

John Parkers in Reading, Pennsylvania said: Hello,
I had a interview yesterday in Baltimore for a position. I was wondering what everyone things about this. It seemed like they were interested and talked about the location if I get hired where I would be and all. I guess I am more gearing towards the question how long does it take for them to usually call back. They said they will be in touch but just so tempted to put my 2 weeks notice in at my current job. Any advice or help with this question. I read that some people interviewed on a monday or tuesday and got job offer same week is this the case for most or can it be more than that?

You have to be very careful with this company, because they think everyone is deseperate to work for them. If they offer you a job, you insist that they give you a letter of job offer. Once you receive the letter of job offer, then, and only then do you give your current employer a two weeks notice. Some recruiters test you to see if you will stab your current employer in the back, or leave them high and dry. If you do, the new employer will assume you will treat them the same way if you tried to leave them. Remember, NEVER BURN YOUR BRIDGES! Leave in good standings. If the new job does not work out, you just might want your old job back! The unemployment lines and very, very, long, while the benefits are very short! I have personally heard that the work environment is very hostile at Lockheed Martin! Do you remember the disgruntled employee who shot and killed employees and himself! Research, Research, Research!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

fastforded in paulmont, New Jersey

74 months ago

i had wondered what type of work enviormnet at lm was? any info be appreciated, or any ideas on how i could find that kinda info appreciated, thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fastforded in paulmont, New Jersey

74 months ago

i had wondered what type of work enviorment at lm was? any info be appreciated, or any ideas on how i could find that kinda info appreciated, thanks,

janush robak in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

hi
I interviewed for a quality engineer senior position for the arizona office on wendesday of last week- it was a phone interview- with 2 hr reps and the regional or divison manager. They said sometimes they will call you in for a second interview in person, but only if it drags down to more than 2 people after the phone interview- sometimes they will just make the offer
has anyone done a phone interview with LM? If so, how long did it take to get the 2nd interview if there even was one?
thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi there -

I had a phone interview and i was never asked to come in for a 2nd one. However at the end of the conversation I knew i was getting an offer. After exactly 1 week I got my offer. Shortly after the interview I was sent a link to fill out an application and stuff. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

pgk500 in Nottingham, Maryland

68 months ago

janush robak in Phoenix, Arizona said: hi
I interviewed for a quality engineer senior position for the arizona office on wendesday of last week- it was a phone interview- with 2 hr reps and the regional or divison manager. They said sometimes they will call you in for a second interview in person, but only if it drags down to more than 2 people after the phone interview- sometimes they will just make the offer
has anyone done a phone interview with LM? If so, how long did it take to get the 2nd interview if there even was one?
thanks!

Hi,
I am working as a contractor(Business Analyst) at Windsor Mills,MD location. The atmosphere has been nothing but just superb. They give you so much flexibility in choosing your work hours. My interview lasted only for 15 minutes and was offered job immediately after the interview. I guess it just depends if you are local they ask you to come for F2F otherwise just phone. I am just not sure how the background check works as they asked me to sign all the paper work when I started. So I am not sure if they will come later on in the future if i have missed any information and let me go. Thats the only part I am not sure of conducting background check after you start work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

cavalier25 in orlando, Florida said: You should not worry about that. I was very anxious myself but i passed it. About 95% of the candidates that accept the offer are cleared to start with them. Basically, they do a background check and see if you have any criminal records and anything that might seem suspicious to them. If you have a clean record, you will be fine! best of luck to you.

Hi,
I have already started working with them but not sure why they conduct background check after beginning work rather than before joining them. Can you please provide some insight as it will be painful if they let me go because I failed my background check. By the way I am working as a contractor.
thanks,
P.K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Hi P.K

I'm not sure how it works with contractors, but they have done my background check first before giving me the offer. If you got in and they are now conducting, there's a very high probability that you fit into your current assignment and your background check will come back clean. I was very nervous myself but once you get in, you're in for an interesting ride and will learn so much! Try to secure a permanent position though, build a solid network with the co-workers and get yourself in. Ah don't count too much on the careers and the recruiters. Get to know the people and drop your resume to the project managers that need to fill in spots. Best of luck!!

68 months ago

Thanks a lot for your feedback.I am really enjoying my work but still waiting to get my pin. Once I get my pin I will be relieved.Hope you are enjoying your work.
later

Benjamin8 in West Palm Beach, Florida

67 months ago

cavalier25 in orlando, Florida said: Hi there -

I had a phone interview and i was never asked to come in for a 2nd one. However at the end of the conversation I knew i was getting an offer. After exactly 1 week I got my offer. Shortly after the interview I was sent a link to fill out an application and stuff. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Hi cavalier25,

I have applied through the website as well as through my college's online site. We have a career fair coming up and I am meeting with an HR rep from Lockheed Martin with an additional interview shortly after (if all goes well). I am applying for the Leadership Development Program (Software) in Orlando and wondered if you could offer any advice or what I should prepare for in the interview. I have a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering and I am currently going for my Master's Degree in Computer Science. But, I don't have any working experience in development and this has been a problem for me in past interviews. I know this program is suppose to be for entry-level/new grads and was wondering if you could give me any info on what I should expect.

Greatly appreciate it. So excited about the possibility of working for Lockheed Martin!

67 months ago

Hi Benjamin8 -
I'm very happy for you, you will love working for LM. So many things to learn and the flexibility at work is priceless. Once you're in, they want to hold on to you for as long as they can and they love people with no experience... i hate to say this but they want people that don't know any better and haven't been around. The starting package will be VERY good and the perks at work are really unlimited. For the LDP there is no cap for tuition reimbursment so you can attend the most expensive school and not have to pay for it. I'm working on my MBA right and my cap is 10k a year (not complaining at all!!). Anyways, i can talk about this all day lol but the most important part is getting. So i understand that you were pre-selected? SWLDP is a rotational position and you graduate from the program after 2 yrs i believe. Make sure in the interview to tell them how you ADAPT to change very quickly and use keywords such as Work well under pressure, multitasking and handle multiple assignments.. They might ask you the very generic question: Tell me a little bit about yourself? but make sure you don't come across as another ordinary employee - (not sure if you're a minority but express how you like diversity and inclusion!!! they love this...)also talk about how in school you've worked in projects with different personalities and different background and you were able to work the conflict and still meet the goal of the project. It is just diplomacy and they need to picture you as the desired employee. Also do some research on the company and impress them with how much you know (btw LM was ranked # 8 in Business week as one of the top companies to work for in 2008 - year prior they were #9 i think) Be very excited about working for them, although they say don't sound desperate but don't be cocky - tell them how much you want to work there and stay there for 30 yrs!! Ok i think i've written a lot!! I'm going to stop now. When is ur interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Benjamin8 in West Palm Beach, Florida

67 months ago

When is ur interview?

Hi cavalier25,

Thanks for the reply and good advice. I will definately remember that. Well, basically we have a career fair at my university next week and after they meet with everyone they are suppose to let you know the next day who they have picked to come back 2 weeks later for an individual interview. I have already submitted my resume to the hr rep that will be there but still have to meet face to face at the fair. So, technically I don't have an interview yet. I am hoping to secure one after the career fair though and I am trying to prepare as much as possible. So, I have a few more questions for you if you don't mind.

I see your position is systems engineer, were you or are you in the LDP program? What type of technical questions, test, etc. were you asked during your interview(s)? How experienced/skilled would you rate yourself when hired? My wife and I live in West Palm Beach and would have to re-locate if I get hired. What is the usual time between offer and start date? Any information is greatly appreciated once again.

Thanks!

67 months ago

I'm not in the LDP program. I started as a systems engineer and my interview was probably about 5 mins long. I wasnt asked many questions to be honest just the general stuff. I think it's mostly because they didn't hire me right out of college. I was working at another company as a business analyst and my resume was pretty detailed on my daily responsibilities. So as far as the timeline, here's how it went: I had my interview on monday and got an offer by Friday. Then it took 2 weeks for my background check to clear and i planned it right when giving my 2 weeks notice so i managed to have a whole week off. So i'd say a little over a month from the initial inteview. I hope this helps. best of luck to you!

Jaquemon in Billings, Montana

67 months ago

This is a very interesting site for LM employment info. Thanks to everyone.
I was interested about people getting phone interviews. I had about a 5 minute phone interview (If you could even call it that) and they asked if I would be willing to fly in for a face to face. I was a bit flattered to say the least. Seems like they are interested in me enough to fly me in. Let me add that I don't live anywhere near a major airport and a couple thousand miles away. But my face to face is next week and I am very excited. It is nice to hear a little about what to expect in a LM interview. It seems like my current employer. They just want to make sure you are open, easy to work with, and not a ticking time bomb.

About the background check and credit check, my current employer did the same and after I got hired I asked about what they were looking for and it boils down to making sure you haven't embezzled a bunch of money recently or just got caught smuggling pot back from Canada last year.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mebmikey in Fort Worth, Texas

67 months ago

Hi all, I had an interview with Lockheed in Fort Worth. The interview went very well and the manager conducting the interview said that I was the "perfect candidate" for the position. My question is what happens next? Prior to my interview I filled out an on-line questionaire, which was basically an application, asking for previous addresses and jobs. Are they going to wait to verify everything that was in my questionaire before they call me? If so how long does that typically take?

Varu in Manchester, New Hampshire

61 months ago

Hi ..How much time did your beckground check take?My background check is still going on,its already been almost 6 weeks.And now i am really worried.
Can you suggest something .i would really appreciate it.

pgk500 in Baltimore, Maryland

61 months ago

I am currently working for LM in maryland and they changed their background check policy starting this year.Inititally u start working and than they perform ur background check and after that is a done a private investigator meets with and confirms all the information u mentioned in the application. Now-a-days the background check is done prior to sarting and it can take anything from 4 to 8 weeks sometimes even 12 weeks. There is nothing to worry about unless and until u have an arrest warrant issued on ur name!!peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WebDev in Baltimore, Maryland

61 months ago

My interview was over a month ago. I've completed the application & LM format resume. They are doing my background check now. I was fingerprinted, too, but still no official offer. I was told that I have to work for one of LM's vendors for a few months (or more) before being offered employment with LM. Is there anything else that I have to do besides wait? Why the private investigator? How does he confirm the info? I feel like I'm applying to work for the CIA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Komal Parikh in Mclean, Virginia

55 months ago

Hello, How long after interview did you receive the offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Komal Parikh in Mclean, Virginia

55 months ago

John Parkers in Reading, Pennsylvania said: Hello,

How long after your interview did you get the offer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

vllsh in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

I'm very curious about what resumes look like when Lockheed Martin decided to interview/hire those of you who were fortunate enough. Is anyone willing to share their resume with me? You can take off any contact info, I'd like to see what the objectives, work experience, education etc. look like, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

46 months ago

I would recommend you wait until you get an offer letter in your hand before you do anything especially submitting a two week notice.

Good luck!!

46 months ago

GEE you "heard" the work environment is hostile at Lockheed Martin but have you ever work there yourself? Lockheed Martin is a fortune 100 company and the largest defense contractor in the world. They have also have an immense impact on military aviation and a long standing history of creativity and innovation. I dont think any company can do all those things if they had a hostile work environment. There are circumstances where people are terminated for several reasons which I am not going to get into. My advice is to experience the environment before you make a judgement. If Lockheed Martin was such a horrible company why would so many people want to work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

There is no magic resume formula, it is how you present your education, experience and qualifications. What makes you stand out more than the other applicants. When you apply for a position are you applying for just any position or are you applying for a position in which you've had quite a bit of experience/education

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dispicable41 in Annapolis, Maryland

45 months ago

I have over 20 years experience with LM. It can be a good company but sometimes you wind up working for pretty bad managers. They pay very well, at the top of the class and you can go far if you can find the right champions. You just have to be able to live with their diversity programs, continuous compliance training and doing very motivating things like canceling Christmas parties at the last minute. It also depends on what Business area you work with. Would avoid IS&GS. Little inspiration. Get into groups servicing their DoD customers - Good working environment but do expect to work hard and put in OT.

As for resume tips;
- Make it easy to read - Your core skills should jump right out.
- Put in Task - What you did - and Results format.
- Find someone who works there - increases your potential
- Intern or work study - you can get a offer in your junior year to come back as an employee
- Remove non-relevant work experience - Dont really care if you worked at Wall mart -
- If you go to an interview - Prepare your answers - The interview will not likely be technical - You wont get to interview unless you are qualified - Interviews are looking for motivated, self starters, team players. Questions are focused on that - Answer with experiences from school on projects, dont make it about you - Focus on how you helped the team yada yada yada- Make them results focused. How did your contributions relate to the end results....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

suki86 in Toronto, Ontario

43 months ago

Hi,
I had an phone interview with Lockheed Martin for about ten minutes. It was fully behavioural questions. I guess it was kind of easy and interesting. But i am kind of tensed what is next? because i never got any email application or anything from them after that as the older posts are mentioning.
So, can i know what is the next process step????? any clues?????
Thank you in advance

XYZ123 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

42 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: GEE you "heard" the work environment is hostile at Lockheed Martin but have you ever work there yourself? Lockheed Martin is a fortune 100 company and the largest defense contractor in the world. They have also have an immense impact on military aviation and a long standing history of creativity and innovation. I dont think any company can do all those things if they had a hostile work environment. There are circumstances where people are terminated for several reasons which I am not going to get into. My advice is to experience the environment before you make a judgement. If Lockheed Martin was such a horrible company why would so many people want to work there?

Well I had the Lockheed Experience and it was a nasty place to work, in my opinion. But guess what! Working is a choice. Don't like it get out because the culture of aggression at Lockheed isn't going to change for you. And most people will stay these days until they are kicked out by a mass firing, or (oops) I mean "restructuring". Pick your poison. Stress and health issues made worse by working at a hostile place or the possibility of Long term unemployment these days?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eric Frasier in Powder Springs, Georgia

41 months ago

I took a 2 month aircraft structures course for Lockheed Martin & upon completing you were supposed to be given an interview & hired upon passing another background check.Most of my class were contacted the very next day after completing our projects & some took a about a month to be contacted but it has been over 2 months & i havent heard anything as of yet.Since my class has finished,another class has done so as well & students from that class has been contacted & already begun working.I have gone back to the school which tried helping but dont have any answers & i have even emailed some LM members & havent gotten a reply.The LM Union has also tried helping but cant get any answers so i was wondering if anyone can give me any information to assist me in this matter,thanks.

VP in Lansing, Michigan

39 months ago

I was told that I failed my online application. I answered NO to the question about criminal record..the thing is that I did not know that misdemeanor is a crime. I know that LM will do a complete background check and my misdemeanor(9.5 years ago) will comes up before I filled my application. Is there anyway I can plead my case due to the fact that I did not know misdemeanor is a crime...

Recruiter Bob in Niceville, Florida

39 months ago

VP, sorry man, you're probably out of luck. LM doesn't have an "appeals" process for applicants who're denied a job. What position were you tracked to?

Mixer Mike 2 in Baghdad, Iraq

39 months ago

VP in Lansing, Michigan said: the thing is that I did not know that misdemeanor is a crime

LOL, you've got to be kidding...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Happy to be Ex-Lockheed in Washington, District of Columbia

31 months ago

gee718 in Washington, District of Columbia said: You have to be very careful with this company, because they think everyone is deseperate to work for them. If they offer you a job, you insist that they give you a letter of job offer. Once you receive the letter of job offer, then, and only then do you give your current employer a two weeks notice. Some recruiters test you to see if you will stab your current employer in the back, or leave them high and dry. If you do, the new employer will assume you will treat them the same way if you tried to leave them.\

I say: I don't know why Lockheed would be concerned that you would stab your current employer in the back to go work for them. All I met at Lockheed were the kind of people that weren't loyal to anyone but themselves.

Cbrink2512 in Cape Coral, Florida

31 months ago

Hey so I got my interview last thursday from the HR in Edwards AFB California. Monday I got a call saying they would like to offer me the position and sent me an offer sheet with a ton of stuff to get done. Well today is thursday and my drug screen and physical are done. This morning I got an email from LM security saying my clearance had been reinstated since I just got out of the military and that my background check came back with no records found. So with that being said does anyone know how long it takes from this point or if there is anything that can still keep me from getting the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Ashland, Kentucky

29 months ago

What type of drug test was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Steven in Ashland, Kentucky

29 months ago

what type of drug screen did they use?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stephen243 in ORLANDO, Florida

27 months ago

Hello,

I recently applied for a job in Lockheed martin and I got a phone interview that lasted around 30 mins, after that, they told me someone will contact me to let me know the status of the interview. Yesterday, I got an email from HR in Orlando and they told me to fill an online employment form and complete an attached Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and also i had to upload my transcripts. Do you guys think I would get a job offer? because I only had one phone interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Boat in Houston, Texas

26 months ago

I applied for a Project Cost Estimator on Lockheed Martin's career web site. They reviewed my resume and thought I would be a fit for a Multi Functional Financial Analyst LM is seeking to fill. They set the interview for Thursday June 7, 2012 in Grand Praire, Dallas. LM paid for my flight, hotel, and a rental car. I interviewed with a panel of three managers. Both technical and behavioral questions. I am anxiously waiting for an offer!! They told me I will hear from them in 2 weeks! I can't wait to hear from them!! Counting the days!!

JKS Mechanical engineer!! in Augusta, Georgia

23 months ago

Hello to you all I applied for mecahnical engineer then they elinked me an aplication to fill out i did then a recruiter sent me an email to verify my security clearance whats next?

JFrazier57 in Baltimore, Maryland

22 months ago

Recruiter Bob in Niceville, Florida said: VP, sorry man, you're probably out of luck. LM doesn't have an "appeals" process for applicants who're denied a job. What position were you tracked to?

Recruiter Bob, any idea what kind of appeals one can make if they interviewed and accepted a req for one job field, and then during onboarding, after they quit their job and moved from CA to MD using the relocation package, were told they were being moved to another position and group within the same department. Same job title, but not even a phone call when they knew in advance. Any corporate policies broken or is it pretty much the hire is out of luck?

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

22 months ago

This isn't what you want to hear, but I think you're probably still out of luck. The defense industry shifts priorities very often based on the needs of our customer (the government), so changes in position descriptions and acquiring additional responsibilities are often the norm, especially if you're working on a newly-acquired contract. I'd recommend sticking with the position and using it as a foot in the door until you can find something that's a little more tailored to your interests. Do your best to get the job done, since there's probably someone else out there who would love to be working where you're at.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.