Lockheed Martin Applicant Question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

May22 in Gainesville, Florida

74 months ago

Hi everyone.

I have just a couple of questions regarding the Lockheed Martin application process.

For anyone here who has gotten an interview, how long after initially applying did you hear back from Lockheed Martin? Were you alerted by email, by a phone call, or was there some status change under the "Job Status" column of the Job Status Submission web page on their career site? Did you apply for only a single job, or all the jobs that interested you?

If you know of another source that already answers these questions, I'd be thankful if you could post the link.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

perk in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

I have heard from them a few times, each time by phone. Once it was a job a never applied for in DC, my resume was pulled off the system. The other time it was a position I applied to 2-3 months before. I never checked the status column.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

May22 in Gainesville

74 months ago

perk in Dallas, Texas said: I have heard from them a few times, each time by phone. Once it was a job a never applied for in DC, my resume was pulled off the system. The other time it was a position I applied to 2-3 months before. I never checked the status column.

2 to 3 months after you applied? WOW! I'm sure their database is backed up, but I would hate to think that I'm in a queue that is 90 days long. Thank you anyway for taking the time to answer my question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SSeavers in San Antonio, Texas

71 months ago

I am following these discussion threads with great interest. I am very eager to hear back from Lockheed Martin regarding my online application(s) for a position as an Instructional Designer/Trainer. I applied a month and a 1/2 ago and I realize that I must be patient! But can someone help me understand "the online status column" as mentioned in this thread?
Thanks,
Shelley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

May22 in Gainesville

71 months ago

Hi Shelley.

As strange as this may sound, "the online status column" means NOTHING with respect to whether or not you have been selected for an interview, job offer, etcetera. However, when you go on an interview or are selected for a position, you may find that the job req number no longer appears on the database search, and if you try to manually search for that job req number, you may find that the "position was filled and no longer exists on the database". This may not necessarily mean that the position has been filled, but merely pulled off from the job database while LMCO is holding interviews or actually hiring for that position--even if it's just temporary. This may or may not be the case 100% of the time, but this is what happened to me.

Also, when submitting your resume, remember to use key words. LMCO HR uses software to screen resumes based on certain phrases and keywords. Do this, and the chances of getting invited out for an interview (and hopefully offered a position) will increase dramatically. Also, you should make use the online recruiter chat during scheduled hours. Sometimes the recruiters on the chat can help move things along.

Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Thank you so much! The information you shared is very helpful, 'indeed!'

I purposely designed my application/resume/cover letter to highlight key words -- I hope I hit the mark!

I did participate in an online recruiter chat a few weeks ago. This is a great service that LMCO offers -- again, I just hope it helped highlight my name!

Your encouragement and support is very refreshing and I thank you!
~Shelley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

access in Bellevue, Washington

69 months ago

May22 in Gainesville said:
Also, when submitting your resume, remember to use key words. LMCO HR uses software to screen resumes based on certain phrases and keywords.

What did you meant by using LMCO HR?
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

May22 in Gainesville

69 months ago

access in Bellevue, Washington said: What did you meant by using LMCO HR?
thank you

LMCO = Lockheed Martin Corporation
HR = Human Resources

Hope that helped.

thegoalie in Florida

69 months ago

I never heard back from Lockheed regarding the position I applied for online, however a Lockheed recruiter in a different state [and a different Lockheed business unit] called me 2-3 weeks later for an interview for a completely different job opening.

A week later, they flew me down to Orlando to interview.

Six weeks later (!!) they finally called with the job offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

What patience you have!!! Congratulations!

I, too, have not heard anything back from LMCO. I am planning to attend a LMCO career fair here in SA next week. I have never attended one -- any helpful hints?

access in Utah

69 months ago

thegoalie in Florida said: I never heard back from Lockheed regarding the position I applied for online, however a Lockheed recruiter in a different state [and a different Lockheed business unit] called me 2-3 weeks later for an interview for a completely different job opening.

Was it an on-site interview? if so, could you give me some hints about that on-site interviews? i have had 2 phones interviews already, and just got invited to attend the on-site interview for a positon software engineer.

Victortampa1 in Hubert, North Carolina

69 months ago

"Also, when submitting your resume, remember to use key words" What are some of the key words or phrases that are needed to be used in your resume so that you can get passed HR software?
Have applied for a financial analyst entry level job and haven't had any luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

May22 in Gainesville

69 months ago

I've been away for a bit, but I'll try my best to answer some of these questions.

May22 in Gainesville

69 months ago

thegoalie in Florida said: I never heard back from Lockheed regarding the position I applied for online, however a Lockheed recruiter in a different state [and a different Lockheed business unit] called me 2-3 weeks later for an interview for a completely different job opening.

Congratulations on the job offer.

However, it is a little out of the norm for LMCO HR to take six weeks to send out an offer, but there could be a multitude of reasons as to why it took them so long. Believe it or not, hiring decisions at many LMCO sites are usually made at a meeting which is held the very same afternoon following the interview sessions. I actually know one person that told me he got an offer the very same day as his interview, but I believe that's a little out of the norm as well.

Once again, congratulations and best of luck to you!

May22 in Gainesville

69 months ago

access in Utah said: Was it an on-site interview? if so, could you give me some hints about that on-site interviews? i have had 2 phones interviews already, and just got invited to attend the on-site interview for a positon software engineer.

You'll more than likely be interviewing with a bunch of other applicants. The number of applicants can vary depending on the site--maybe five or maybe fifty-five. If it's a small group of people and a small facility, then you may expect to sit down and talk with at least three different people (at least four people if you also need to have a security clearance interview). After the orientation session, expect at least two manager interviews, a security interview, and a brief Q&A/exit interview. In the case of the smaller facilities/groups, your interview sessions can end reasonably early. However, if you are visiting one of the larger sites, then there may also be a facility tour, boxed lunch break, several more meetings regarding relocation, leadership programs, and other useful topics. In this case, your visit to the site will probably end a couple of hours later than a small site.

I suppose you also wish to know what kinds of questions are asked of entry-level engineers? Well, don't be surprised if the questions are mostly generic-interview type questions. For example, questions about handling disagreements, prefer to work in teams or by yourself, describe your best and worst subjects in school, and other similar type questions.

You may want to show a little bit of your acquired skills by talking about projects you have worked on, or by asking one or two technical questions at the end of the interview--only if the interviewers themselves are software engineers. One of the managers interviewing you may be a mechanical (or other type) engineer. You most likely will not get asked even a single technical question regarding software engineering like those appearing on an exam.

Good luck.

May22 in Gainesville

69 months ago

Victortampa1 in Hubert, North Carolina said: "Also, when submitting your resume, remember to use key words" What are some of the key words or phrases that are needed to be used in your resume so that you can get passed HR software?
Have applied for a financial analyst entry level job and haven't had any luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Alter your resume so that your education/experience/skills matches the required skills/desired skills/job description in the position description as closely as possible without faking it. In other words, if one of the desired skills is knowledge of ABCD1234 financial software, and you've worked with it before, then make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that it appears on your resume somewhere. This is what worked for me. I had a special resume that I did up specifically for a position at LMCO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

loneshark in Norfolk, Virginia

68 months ago

May22 in Gainesville, Florida said: Hi everyone.

I have just a couple of questions regarding the Lockheed Martin application process.

For anyone here who has gotten an interview, how long after initially applying did you hear back from Lockheed Martin? Were you alerted by email, by a phone call, or was there some status change under the "Job Status" column of the Job Status Submission web page on their career site? Did you apply for only a single job, or all the jobs that interested you?

If you know of another source that already answers these questions, I'd be thankful if you could post the link.

Thanks.

I have been applying to LM thru recruiters and directly to the site for about a year. in my case, June 22, 2009, i received a brief question about my Navy credentials from a LM hiring recruiter, immediately I replied, and the recruiter replied back with a Sorry, you dont meet the pre-req's with that Navy experience. I immediatley replied again, stating that I was eager to train, and learn fast and to please keep me in mind, he replied, with a thanks, and a "...Checking with my PM. I appreciate your tenacity...", August 13, 2009 the recruiter contacts me again to ask me for a revised resume of what I had been doing to present. He calls me immediately following the email, and asks me if I want to make any changes and also of the fact that he has openings for a few positions. He explained the position and asked me to prepare a cover letter for the resume to claify some things he had specifically noticed on the resume, i.e. my security clearance information from my Navy days, my post navy education at college, and to specifically state that Im open to travel. So within minutes of that phone call, i prepared a cover letter and sent it out, he replied with "EXCELLENT." A week later I hadnt heard anything, so I wrote a quick email to him asking if there was any update, he didnt reply. On Monday August 31, 2009, I got a phone call from LM...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

loneshark in Norfolk, Virginia

68 months ago

...saying that they wanted to conduct a phone interview. Phone interview is done, and it seems to have went well. I will update you on that progress.p.s.- w00t ! they called back. hahaha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

54 months ago

Hi Gainesville I am in Fort Worth I can help you field some of the questions if you dont mind =)

suki86 in Toronto, Ontario

51 months ago

Hi,
I had an phone interview with Lockheed Martin for about ten minutes. It was fully behavioural questions. I guess it was kind of easy and interesting. But i am kind of tensed what is next? because i never got any email application or anything from them after that as the older posts are mentioning.
So, can i know what is the next process step????? any clues?????
Thank you in advance

BCAengineer in California

51 months ago

Not exactly sure what the next step would be but I would think they'd notify you if you make it to the next step or not. Just curious - how long after you initially applied to that position were you contacted to setup that phone interview? Did you apply on your own through their employment website or were you referred somehow by a recruiter or employee? And was this for an engineering/technical position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

suki86 in Toronto, Ontario

51 months ago

I applied for a technical software position thru online website. then they mailed me asking for a feasible interview time.

john in Keller, Texas

3 months ago

I applied for many positions at LM. Do you know how long would it take to let me know if im selected for interview ?
and the status like Open or Cancelled or Closed , what does it mean ?
Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.