Lockheed Martin Intern

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

travis87 in Fort Collins, Colorado

54 months ago

Hi,
I am really trying to land an internship with Lockheed Martin. I have applied for several of the positions on their website but really worried about the number of resumes they probably receive it's hard not to get 'lost'. I have a couple of questions. First, does anybody know when they start picking their interns? I see under the job submission status that all are 'open' and some have been 'canceled'. I would also like to know if anyone has any suggestions as how actually get noticed and have the opportunity to interview.
I appreciate any and all help.

I little about me, I'm a junior in Mechanical Engineering with almost all of my classes complete and just a design project to do next year. I have a strong interest in the aerospace field and have taken a class in aeronautics and a couple in space propulsion.

Thanks again, I'm really interested in any input I receive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jon in Omaha, Nebraska

49 months ago

actually i'd like to know when they pick their interns too. I was hoping for an internship in spring '12 and wondering if they do that

eggy in Palmdale, California

49 months ago

We have most of our summer interns selected by Jan / Feb. We start looking in the Nov time frame.

travis87 in Fort Collins, Colorado

49 months ago

Thank you eggy.
What does lockheed look for when choosing candidates?

eggy in Palmdale, California

49 months ago

travis87 in Fort Collins, Colorado said: Thank you eggy.
What does lockheed look for when choosing candidates?

there's no one answer- it's a big company! in my department, we essentially look for the same thing we look for in a full time hire- we treat an internship as an extended interview. ymmv.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.