Stop and think before you accept any job with Lockheed Martin. Yes, I am bitter but please read ahead and judge for yourself if this is the company for you.
A little background first. I worked at the SWFLANT facility for almost 7 years. Before that, I worked as a consultant for 13 years so I have many years of experience to compare my Lockheed experience to.
1. Unless you were a local from Camden County, you were not likely to get hired by the HR person who measured your abilities based on the church you attended. And, speaking of the HR person, the previous HR person (same church) hired a secretary to become the HR person of the entire facility upon his retirement.
2. LMMS has been 'praised' for their ethics program but participating in it was a joke as even the managers laughed when we exited the classroom. Talk about disturbing!
3. LMMS promotes locals with no education (even though LMMS will pay for it)into management positions for which they are not qualified.
4. As an outsider, you will never become a manager of any type unless you have less education than your manager. Which as you can see is almost an impossibility. Having an education as I did made the managers watch me closely and give me menial tasks to keep me under their thumb. I still can't understand why I was hired in the first place. I think it was because they had contract money they didn't want to loose. Seriously.
5. They encourage the open door policy but not really. They will find a way to punish you if you report something.
6. If you are ready to retire with your LMMS pension, you can better believe that your position will be 'moved' to another state forcing you to quit. This is classic from what I personally observed.
7. Top level (Headquarters) asked all employees to report if there was any way they saw to save money. I wrote a paper and submitted it. My boss let it sit on his desk for 3 months and only read it when I reminded him about it. He buried it. It was such an easy change.