Need Help Getting an Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

mmelnyczuk in Cartersville, Georgia

43 months ago

I recently graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in mechanical engineering and have been trying for months to get a job with Lockheed Martin but haven't heard anything back and the positions I have applied for are all still open. I hear it helps to know someone who works there already, but I don't unfortunately. If anyone who works at Lockheed could help me out that would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XYZ123 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

42 months ago

Be grateful if they don't call you. I left a good job to come there. Unfortunately an insider knew me and thought they were doing me a favor - and it was the worst
mistake of my life. Go there only if McDonald's isn't hiring
I think of all the things I did to cause management to lay me off unfairly 1) I filed protected activity complaints against the management and their useless union. Yep - I definitely was not happy there and if it were truly a choice between me and a robot I deserved to go. Then again, I never made any waves before my work was stolen from me and set up to get an unfair performance review.
And, yes, I had talked in length to HR and Ethics who only reported me to be disgruntled to my manager who used that to make his decision.
Its a culture of aggression. Its every man for himself. Tread carefully.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

eggy in socal, California

42 months ago

mmelnyczuk in Cartersville, Georgia said: I recently graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in mechanical engineering and have been trying for months to get a job with Lockheed Martin but haven't heard anything back and the positions I have applied for are all still open. I hear it helps to know someone who works there already, but I don't unfortunately. If anyone who works at Lockheed could help me out that would be great.

GA Tech has a *lot* of alumni at LM. Get with your professors and career office and make some contacts.

XYZ123 in Cherry Hill, New Jersey said: ...
And, yes, I had talked in length to HR and Ethics who only reported me to be disgruntled to my manager who used that to make his decision.
Its a culture of aggression. Its every man for himself. Tread carefully.

XYZ again... c'mon bud, let it go. seriously, if HR, Ethics, and your manager all thought you have issues, maybe you need to step back and take a look at the situation from the 30k' level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.