Please help me get in!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

MechEng06 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Hi All,

I've been applying to Lockheed for about 6months or so and had no luck getting thru their online database.

I graduated in 2006 from a top-tiered Ivy school with a Mechanical Engineering degree and would like to work for Lockheed in the aerospace industry. I have very strong analytical skills and have worked for Toyota for my first job. At Toyota, I've gone thru a rigorous training program and learned the Toyota Production System (Lean Manufacturing) and did lot of problem solving. But, I'm looking for something near Philadelphia area. Let me know if you can help...

-Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Hosam Sayed in New York, New York

83 months ago

Hosam Sayed
Account Manager
APEX Systems, Inc.
33 Whitehall Street, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10004
(w) 212-991-1835
(w) 1-866-540-2739
(f) 212-991-1836
hsayed@apexsystemsinc.com
www.apexsystemsinc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hosam Sayed in New York, New York

83 months ago

MechEng06 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi All,

I've been applying to Lockheed for about 6months or so and had no luck getting thru their online database.

I graduated in 2006 from a top-tiered Ivy school with a Mechanical Engineering degree and would like to work for Lockheed in the aerospace industry. I have very strong analytical skills and have worked for Toyota for my first job. At Toyota, I've gone thru a rigorous training program and learned the Toyota Production System (Lean Manufacturing) and did lot of problem solving. But, I'm looking for something near Philadelphia area. Let me know if you can help...

-Thanks

Call me we have an agreement with them with respect to Staff Augmentation.

Hosam Sayed
Account Manager
APEX Systems, Inc.
33 Whitehall Street, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10004
(w) 212-991-1835
(w) 1-866-540-2739
(f) 212-991-1836
hsayed@apexsystemsinc.com
www.apexsystemsinc.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dhumml in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

MechEng06 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi All,

-Thanks

If you want to work for LM Aero, then you need to try somewhere else. Philly is not where the majority of that work is done. Try CA, GA, and TX.

As for the rest, there's something amiss if you're not getting through the website. It's true that it's the "dead letter office" but if you've got the background you put up there, they'd be clamoring to grab you for something in the local office. Check your resume to see what buzzwords ought to be in there, but aren't (obviously do so honestly... just had to deal with a moron who fabricated a few key skills). The HR folks are notoriously inept with candidates, not to mention slow (I time them in geologic terms), but they're lovely with buzzwords...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

75 months ago

I have a friend of mine who works for LM and he gave me the name and email address of the current hiring manager for a position I was interested in. I submitted my resume to their database, then emailed him today. He wrote me back a short time later and asked me to email him my resume directly. I am hoping this will help me get my foot in the door. It's an admin./office manager position. I have no military experience. Do you think it'll matter if I match up elsewhere?

RecentGrad in Orlando, Florida

74 months ago

I am looking for a position at this company as well this is my life's goal. I feel I am an old school emplyee in reguards to I want to find a company and retire from it. I feel I will go farther in my career with loyalty. I did not go to a Ivey school though so I am not sure if this will hurt my chances but I went to Devry for my Business degree and Keller for my MPA.I have had to work full time through school because I have a disabled wife so I did not get the luxury of being able to travel for school.I am looking for a clerical or management position I have been applying here for 2 years with not a single call back.

M in Hampton, Virginia

74 months ago

I know how you feel. I am also looking for a career I can retire from. In this day and age though, it seems more and more difficult than when my father worked full time. Today companies seem to downsize more, change hands more, and lay off people more, not to mention fire people at will. But, on the upside, my friend has worked for LM for 12 years and his father retired from there, so it is a solid place to work. Honestly, it's true what everyone says: You really need to know someone to get in there. My friend referred me to a hiring manager for a position there and I interviewed the same week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Empowered in Houston, Texas

67 months ago

Tayloring your resume to individual job requirements and use of buzz words is the way to go if you don't have an "in".

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.