Pre-Employment Drug Screen

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

SimonHeSays in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

Please do not respond to this if you are not going to be helpful.
I am a college student that has recently received a second round interview with Lockheed. I am not a drug user, but have taken painkillers ~3 weeks ago for a sports related injury (left over prescription from years ago). I know that this will not show up in a urinalysis, as it has been too long, but would show up in a hair follicle test. My question is this: Does Lockheed Martin conduct pre-employment hair follicle drug screens?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Beejis in Everett, Washington

66 months ago

I just got done with my background check not long ago, all that I did was a urinalysis, they didn't take any hair follicles or anything else. Now this could vary but my experience would say no.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joseph B in Pueblo, Colorado

66 months ago

I would suggest being up front and honest with them on your security interview. It would be better for you to tell them, then them finding out on their own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless at LM in New York

61 months ago

Joseph B in Pueblo, Colorado said: I would suggest being up front and honest with them on your security interview. It would be better for you to tell them, then them finding out on their own.

Hell with that! They only test with a urinalysis. No hair follicle. Lets think about it a minute...they are a business and out for a profit. If they would have to test every applicant with a hair follicle they would have to raise their burden rate. My advice is to do just enough to beat the rules.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Shalimar, Florida

1 month ago

SimonHeSays in Houston, Texas said: Please do not respond to this if you are not going to be helpful.
I am a college student that has recently received a second round interview with Lockheed. I am not a drug user, but have taken painkillers ~3 weeks ago for a sports related injury (left over prescription from years ago). I know that this will not show up in a urinalysis, as it has been too long, but would show up in a hair follicle test. My question is this: Does Lockheed Martin conduct pre-employment hair follicle drug screens?

What Happened? Did they use a pee test or hair test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.