Public Trust clearance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

mrs doe in Washington, District of Columbia

53 months ago

Hello, I applied for a position with Lockheed and also had in in-person interview. The interview went GREAT! I recently received a several page document in order to begin the backround investigation. What are they looking for as far as your credit goes? My credit is not the greatest, I owe on 3 credit cards (total is less than 10k) and I have made and kept my payment arrangments with my creditors for the past 6 months. I also owe the IRS, but have made and kept my pay arr with them as well for the last year. Is this something that would prevent Lockheed from making an offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

53 months ago

Mrs. Doe my suggestion to you is to be 100% honest when answering the questions on the form, they will find out anyway when the investigation is conducted. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mrs doe in washington, District of Columbia

53 months ago

Oh yes of course I will be honest. I was just asking if that will prevent me from getting the clearance. The fact that I HAVE the debt. Or is it "okay" since I have made payment arr to pay them off and haven't been late on my pay arr with my creditors.

53 months ago

Understood, it depends there have been times where people were granted clearances with less than stellar credit but it depends on what criteria they are basing their requirements on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Do you know about how long it takes once my backround info has been submitted to hear back from someone at Lockheed?

eggy in Palmdale, California

53 months ago

It depends what sort of background check. Contact the HR person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Turns out just having payment arr with your creditors for the past 6 mos isn't good enough. They didn't make me an offer. I just found out about my IRS debt approx 6 mos ago and I set up payment arr immediatley and have not defaulted on them. I spoke to HR recruiter who advised that it's best to not have ANY Federal debt. The good news is, I can re-apply after my IRS is paid off.

52 months ago

mrs doe in washington, District of Columbia said: Turns out just having payment arr with your creditors for the past 6 mos isn't good enough. They didn't make me an offer. I just found out about my IRS debt approx 6 mos ago and I set up payment arr immediatley and have not defaulted on them. I spoke to HR recruiter who advised that it's best to not have ANY Federal debt. The good news is, I can re-apply after my IRS is paid off.

How ironic when the federal government has the largest amount of debt and half of congress doesnt even pay their taxes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eggy in Palmdale, California

52 months ago

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas said: How ironic when the federal government has the largest amount of debt

Not ironic at all, as credit history and IRS liens don't come from having debt- it comes from not PAYING your debts. The fed'l gov't still has stellar credit. :P

52 months ago

eggy in Palmdale, California said: Not ironic at all, as credit history and IRS liens don't come from having debt- it comes from not PAYING your debts. The fed'l gov't still has stellar credit. :P

Sure they do, half of congress including Timmy G DIDNT pay his taxes =) I want his job so i dont have to pay taxes LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.