Salaries and Benefits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 75 of 75)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

BSuff01

80 months ago

My experience was that the more you made, the less of a rasie you got. I think our average was 1.7% if you made over 90K. If you made around 60K then it 2.4%.

And if you think your work has anything to do with your raise you can forget it!

My boss emailed us a form to write what we did and wanted to do in the future. I am not kidding when my boss modifed it so that I did things that I wasn't even assigned! But this is the most absurd thing of all: He modifed my future ambitions because there was no way I could reach them (I could have reached them with his guideance but it was too much effort on his part) and he didn't want his evaluation being dependant on mine!

Lockheed Martin is a sham...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

johnny5isalive in workville, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

could someone please tell me what the salary range is for a level 4 is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

SysEngr in Santa Clara, California

79 months ago

johnny5isalive in workville, Pennsylvania said: could someone please tell me what the salary range is for a level 4 is?

depends where u r working. In Sunnyvale, CA it's $89,000 - $139

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SysEngr in Santa Clara, California

79 months ago

BSuff01: Sounds like your manager was a sham..not sure if you can say that about the entire company lol...well I guess you can say whatever u want but..

Ive worked for lockheed over 9 yrs now and love working there. Im a level 4 engr, got hired out of college as a lvl 1. I've had good mngrs, and bad mngrs...but I think the company on a whole is very good to their workers.

Im on my 4th program now, and have worked in CO and CA. Great thing about this company is that it's so large that if you're unhappy in a current position (i been there), then it's way easy to find a new job. Of course it helps if you're also able and willing to relocate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lockheedhack lockheedhack in Fort Worth, Texas

79 months ago

SysEng in Santa Clara shouldn't be giving out Business Unit proprietary salary range information on an internet chat board, now should he? Might be considered a ethics violation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Clydes in Denver, Colorado said: Lockheed Martin Systems Integration-Owego, NY. Electronics Engineer Associate Weekly salary $1,058 or $55,046 per year. Relocation $3000. Sign on bonus $500.

Clydes in Denver shouldn't be giving out Business Unit proprietary salary range information on an internet chat board, now should he? Might be considered a ethics violation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

SysEngr in Santa Clara, California said: depends where u r working. In Sunnyvale, CA it's $89,000 - $139

SysEng in Santa Clara shouldn't be giving out Business Unit proprietary salary range information on an internet chat board, now should he? Might be considered a ethics violation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

Ultimate Tech in Georgia

77 months ago

Can someone move from non-exempt to Exempt Level 2 internally?

Is there a maximum increase internally?

If an internal job change happened before the merit increase, would the merit increase still be given?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jacy Girl in Saint Paul, Minnesota

75 months ago

Yes, you can move into an exempt level position however think twice. They will give you a minimal increase ~ Mother Lockheed likes to keep salaries at 80% of mid-point. If the position's midpoint is $58,000 for example the highest salary you will receive is 80% of $58,000.

Increases usually run between 2% to 4%. For all non-LDP's a percentage of the raise money available for your grade level goes into a pot to give the LDP's significant raises to keep them. Lockheed Martin is highly discrimatory towards those who are mid-career ~ raises are minimal and there are no programs to help you advance. Lockheed Martin is all about the 20 somethings and the heck with the 40 somethings who still have 20 years to work ~ they do what they can to push us out of the company.

From a former hourly worker gone salaried ~ Don't do it!!! I made less money the past two years as a salaried employee than I did as an hourly employee.

If you change positions before merit increases are distributed you will lose out on that increase ~ it will be put back in the pool to be distributed to the other employees in that grade level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

BSuff01 said: My experience was that the more you made, the less of a rasie you got. I think our average was 1.7% if you made over 90K. If you made around 60K then it 2.4%.

And if you think your work has anything to do with your raise you can forget it!

My boss emailed us a form to write what we did and wanted to do in the future. I am not kidding when my boss modifed it so that I did things that I wasn't even assigned! But this is the most absurd thing of all: He modifed my future ambitions because there was no way I could reach them (I could have reached them with his guideance but it was too much effort on his part) and he didn't want his evaluation being dependant on mine!

Lockheed Martin is a sham...

Amen to that ~ Mother Lockheed is a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

lockheedhack lockheedhack in Fort Worth, Texas said: SysEng in Santa Clara shouldn't be giving out Business Unit proprietary salary range information on an internet chat board, now should he? Might be considered a ethics violation.

Proprietary ~ Give me a break! Ethics Violation ~ OMG!! They are not giving away company trade secrets. It is not rocket science that Mother Lockheed uses regional labor rates to set its salary ranges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

jlechem in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I just wanted to say this was an interesting thread. I was offered a position by Lockheed in the Greater Wasatch Front are of Utah for a software engineering position. The pay was average if not a little low for the area and the benefits were poor IMO. They only offer one plan from Aetna with a 1k deductible and 85/15 after that.

Mother Lockheed is going to one health plan in 2010 ~ they increasing the cost of benefits for those who smoke and they are moving towards increasing the cost of benefits for those who are overweight. The Aetna plan is the pits ~ if you have to go into the hospital, plan on paying the first $3,000 out of pocket plus the remaining 15%. LM Total Health Plan only benefits Mother Lockheed ~ which is par for the course at this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

SickOfLockheed in Washington, District of Columbia said: lockheedhack,

The "do not-rehire" flag is set by HR for extreme infractions like mis-reporting hours worked (cheating the government) or doing something else illegal. The company does not want to wind-up on the front page of the Washington Post and that's what the do not-rehire flag is for: risky employees who committed infractions in the past. I do not blame Lockheed for this. Look at what happened to Titan and Boeing on separate occasions. In Titan's case, it was ONE employee who put them in the papers!

Not True at all regarding full scope polygraph staff who leave. There is an ongoing recruiting effort to bring back employees who leave. Do you think said employees would take lower or the same pay with the right credentials? Look at the people who jumped to Orbital and were rehired within two years at a higher level. What about the three who left for SAIC as and came back a level higher within a year? Too bad we can't use names on here. What about the two testers who left Sentinel only to come back with another division at a higher salary band? Did Lockheed lower these rates or did they want to lose the bodies and clearances again?

You have your nose in your backsides in Ft. Worth. God love ya'll, but you ain't working on the east coast and are in a different division. Aero knows nothing about what really happens in GSS or Corporate. The comp. person approves what the VP tells them to approve so don't kid yourself.

People reading these posts deserve to know the truth. Lockheed is a good company, they get the job done right, they fix what is not right often at a loss, they are for the most part ethical, but don't let them promise you things they know they will never deliver (promotions, more money for taking a key position, a computer, etc..).

Lockheed is a good company and they are for the most part ethical?? What part are they not so ethical about ~ their hiring practices??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

lockheedhack lockheedhack in Fort Worth, Texas said: Why me Lord says,
They can't even keep HR people employed for any length of time. As soon as they see how personnel are treated they quit and find employment elsewhere. Employees over 40 are discriminated against. There is some evidence to support that those over 40 are terminated unecessarily. Those with illnesses are weeded out and teminated. Forget about having a disability they will find a way to get rid of you too. As for benefits there is a push to one medical plan, but that is just the beginning. They are redesigning the compamy clinics and will begin to do "basic health care" for employees. Read they will have access to your DNA and medical histories. This company is EVIL!

oh no, we're doomed....doomed I say!
yeah and we just hired mini-me and Doctor Evil.

what a load of BS.
Produce your evidence

I transferred from SC to FL and during a month's time I had three different Mother Lockheed HR recruiters in the course of 5-weeks. All left the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Top Heavy in Rego Park, New York said: Management is top-heavy and the pay is lower than the industry standards. I work in Jersey for MS2 and the original question about extra perks should be ansered: NO!

MS2 is the worst division to work for ~ Missiles and Fire Control has it all over MS2. MS2 gives minimal raises, relo money is minimal, salary negotiation is non-existent. This is the offer take it or leave it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lockmartgal in Mesa, Arizona

75 months ago

I was hired last august from a contract-to-hire position. I just got the rated as "high contributor" and received a 3.9 increase. From what I read this is national average increase for standard cost of living and not really a raise. Am I being a baby, is this expected?

Upon hire I was "cornered" into accepting lower then desired pay (long story). Was told that my degree was not applicable, even though I have 8 yrs aerospace experience doing similar work. They are promising me a promotion to keep me but I dont know.. I think I came in way to low and now Im screwed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

glassnet in Westville, New Jersey

75 months ago

lockmartgal in Mesa, Arizona said: I was hired last august from a contract-to-hire position. I just got the rated as "high contributor" and received a 3.9 increase. From what I read this is national average increase for standard cost of living and not really a raise. Am I being a baby, is this expected?

Upon hire I was "cornered" into accepting lower then desired pay (long story). Was told that my degree was not applicable, even though I have 8 yrs aerospace experience doing similar work. They are promising me a promotion to keep me but I dont know.. I think I came in way to low and now Im screwed

You're working, so I wouldn't call that screwed. But it is a story I just heard from a co-worker just yesterday. He worked as a contractor at a rate "much higher" as a contractor. The rest of the story is similar to what I've heard in three years. You get an offer, and there is no negotiation. Take it or leave it. I know one contractor walked away from an offer, it was too low.

About the 3.9%, that is due to the fact you are substantially under the midpoint as pointed out in other post above. For comparison, I have nailed down a solid 2% each year. How would you feel about that? In NJ it is probably about 5% under last year's inflation in our state.

Find a better offer. That is the bottom line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hopefully Hired in Los Angeles, California

72 months ago

Bear in San Leandro, California said: Sheesh, from reading all these posts I'm kinda glad they've decided to withdraw my offer now. I now work for IBM: pay and benefits are way better!!! woohoo!

IBM pay is better? Hardly. IBM is cheap and top heavy as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Packerfan 69 in Hayes, Virginia

68 months ago

I was a contractor for Lockheed for a year after retiring from the navy. They rode me hard and put me away wet! It was great when I got all the hours I wanted and did lots of travel received great review from my direct supervisor and his manager. I was even consistantly recognized by the Lockheed customer as being helpful and providing all te support and more tat tey needed!

Then one day they cut my travel short and told me to come in like normal on Monday. Got there early as usual and found a Email from the IT department telling me my desktop would be serviced at 1 pm..... figured no problem I was supposed to be receiving a Laptop for my travel and now its here!

Go see my supervisor to get my weekly assignments and ask brief him on my last travel and any issues I found and corrected. He gave me my assignments and I was off! Cool I thought I already did all that stuff, this will be great because I can send that up and take some time off at the end of the week.

Well lunch-time comes and department head comes and asks to see me in an office.... to tell me my contract was being canceled as of 1 Oct and I could just clean my desk and go home! He said I was a lazy and poor performing employ and they wanted to clean out waste because another division was high on hours.

Well So here I am looking for employment having already been busted by Lockheed and guess who calls... you got it a Lockheed recruiter offering a job, now I have to wonder if all I saw from just outside is going to be worth it actually being inside the company. Because all i heard was regular employees complain about the poor benefits over work and bad management!

But at least it is a chance for a job without having to move! but i wonder is moving and all that for a better job, with a better company possible worth it!

Any one got input for me or like stories please share so that all can make informed decisions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Djibouti in Leeds, United Kingdom

68 months ago

I was wondering if anyone here has experience in Djibouti? I have an interview today with PAE for Camp Lemmonier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CollegeGradLooking in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

67 months ago

I just applied to a financial analyst position online for a few locations including DC, Texas, and Florida. I am currently an undergrad senior right now graduating in December with a Bachelor's in Accounting. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to contact me back?

I have Internal Auditing experience, and am currently a staff accountant. I love my job, but I have to find a new one because I need to relocate somewhere where I can find a good graduate school for my Masters. My top choice is DC right now, since there are alot of good schools there. I've also lived around Baltimore for 2 years and love the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

DCmetroEngr in Fairfax, Virginia

59 months ago

Could someone from LM tell me the salary range for a Network Engineering Stf (I believe level 4) in Washington DC or Alexandria, VA? Thank you greatly!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

P in Arlington, Texas

52 months ago

why me lord? in Denver, Colorado said: They can't even keep HR people employed for any length of time. As soon as they see how personnel are treated they quit and find employment elsewhere. Employees over 40 are discriminated against. There is some evidence to support that those over 40 are terminated unecessarily. Those with illnesses are weeded out and teminated. Forget about having a disability they will find a way to get rid of you too. As for benefits there is a push to one medical plan, but that is just the beginning. They are redesigning the compamy clinics and will begin to do "basic health care" for employees. Read they will have access to your DNA and medical histories. This company is EVIL!

I have worked as an engineer for Lockheed Martin for about 18 months and I have had to go out on short term disability twice already for several months. Noone has tried to get rid of me or set me up to be terminated. Quite the contrary, I even got a merit raise last year even though I was out for a few months on disability (and I'm over 40 too!). I expect a merit raise next month, too. I am very happy with my salary and benefits.

Also, I have been treated with dignity and respect, and I am treated as an important part of the team. Lockheed Martin is a fantastic employer!! - the best I have ever had the honor to work for. I have worked as an engineer for both commercial and government contractors, so I know whereof I speak.

I am very proud to work for such an outstanding and ethical company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ArabianKnight in Cleveland, Ohio

36 months ago

If you get on a contract with multiple locations.....say Maryland and Arizona, Get 85k for Maryland then after a year move to Arizona. Do you get to keep that pay or will it be adjusted to the lower rate for the lower cost of living?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Questions in Herndon, Virginia

35 months ago

Melanie in Keyport, New Jersey said: Lockheed does not have a do not rehire flag. It's a myth. I'm a top HR person with the company so let's not go around spreading rumors. It's true that there is a special flag for people who violate the law as outlined in a posting above, but it's not called the do not rehire flag.

To set a flag for anything else would be discriminatory.
Can you tell me what "on hold" means on the "job status" part of the online application?
Lockheed is about inclusion and diversity and we hold these value very dear to our hearts. We do welcome back ex-employees at industry acceptable rates even if higher than when they left. We feel they have more to offer being elsewhere in some cases. We need to set the record straight once and for all. In Jersey we do not have the clearance issues they do in other parts of the country and competition for talent is fierce. We cannot provide more for someone with a special clearance because it violates our internal policies. We tried to pay more in the past and people without special clearances complained so we abolished this practice.

Can you tell me what " on hold" means on the job status part of the online application?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.