Still Hiring???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Lockheed_Hopeful Hopeful in Kingston, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

I interviewed with Lockheed one month ago today. The interview went great and I could tell that the hiring manager and the rest of the panel really liked me. They told me that they still had a few other interviews but that I would hear from them in a few weeks either way, like I said, that was one month ago. Right after the interview the hiring manager told me that he thought it would be a great career move for me.

I can usually tell if I didn't do well during an interview, but I really feel like I nailed this one. I sent an email to members of the panel to say thank you and got a response from everyone except the hiring manager. About a week ago I also sent him a follow up regarding the status of the position. But he still didn't respond...after the interview he gave me his card in case I wanted to contact him.

What is the deal? Is this normal for this company? Before the interview HR sent me an employment history application, which I suspect was for a background check. I'm just getting nervous because I have several employment offers on the table and with this economy I don't want to screw around. Plus I can't stand sitting home not doing anything.

What could be the reason for this? How typical is a wait from Lockheed? Could it be that there is a hiring freeze?

FYI, I have less than two years of professional experience, but this was an entry level spot. What should I do?? Any thoughts would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

perk in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

You never know with them. You may want to contact HR to see what the status is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oracledbgirl in Reston, Virginia

67 months ago

From my professional opinion:

All most all companies tell you that you will hear from them either way. This is not true. Even if they did really like you but are not going to hire you, they still will not make the first move to let you know...they simply don't have time.

Landing a job with them would be a great opportunity for you. E-mailing for feedback is not personal. They may get tons of e-mails a day and don't have time to reply back. My best suggestion would be to call the hiring manager, or whoever gave you the card, and say something like

"Hello sir/ma'am, this is 'so-and-so'. You may or may not remember me, but I had an interview with you at 'such-and-such place' on 'this date'. We were discussing the 'whatever position'. I was wondering if you could provide me with a status. I believe I am a great fit for your corporation and truly believe I had a wonderful meeting with you."

See what they say. They will either say they have filled the position and appreciate your interest, or they have not filled it and are still looking for the right candidate (have more interviews before they hire). If they say they have filled it, your response should be something like

"Well, thank you very much for your time. Like I said before, I really believe I have the skills and personality that would be a great fit for Lockheed. I have filled out the resume database on Lockheed's website and hope to hear back soon regarding other positions I have applied for. Please keep my name in mind for future openings with the 'whatever' position."

Have a good attitude, make them want to talk to you. You really need to speak with them on the phone. Hope this helps!

P.S. If you need any other advice, just let me know your e-mail address and I'll be more than happy to help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

askBob in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

Forget contacting a manager at a huge company like LMC...they are just too busy. And forget emailing a manager, too...I agree with comment above that they get too much email.

If you write a simple letter and mail it to the address on the business card, it could take a week or so to get through the various LMC mailrooms, but that would make a huge impression. Phone calls are risky...you could be annoying him/her at the wrong time.

As a previous LMC employee who interviewed candidates, I can tell you it is a slow and frustrating process. If you can afford to be patient, fine, but don't pass up a good offer in the meantime...you will be even more appealing with solid experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andjusticeforall in elkridge, Maryland

67 months ago

You probably just didn't get the job. They once told me they were interested and would be contacting me within a week either way and I never heard anything. I called and left a voice mail and emailed the folks I interviewed with and got no response. I honestly think this is kind of rude, I mean its one thing to not call me but quite another to say to someone's face you WILL call them and then not do so and ignore their inquiries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nitro314 in Havelock, North Carolina

20 months ago

Lockheed_Hopeful Hopeful in Kingston, Pennsylvania said: I interviewed with Lockheed one month ago today. The interview went great and I could tell that the hiring manager and the rest of the panel really liked me. They told me that they still had a few other interviews but that I would hear from them in a few weeks either way, like I said, that was one month ago. Right after the interview the hiring manager told me that he thought it would be a great career move for me.

I can usually tell if I didn't do well during an interview, but I really feel like I nailed this one. I sent an email to members of the panel to say thank you and got a response from everyone except the hiring manager. About a week ago I also sent him a follow up regarding the status of the position. But he still didn't respond...after the interview he gave me his card in case I wanted to contact him.

What is the deal? Is this normal for this company? Before the interview HR sent me an employment history application, which I suspect was for a background check. I'm just getting nervous because I have several employment offers on the table and with this economy I don't want to screw around. Plus I can't stand sitting home not doing anything.

What could be the reason for this? How typical is a wait from Lockheed? Could it be that there is a hiring freeze?

FYI, I have less than two years of professional experience, but this was an entry level spot. What should I do?? Any thoughts would be great.

I interviewed with Lockheed back in Oct. 2012, the interveiw went good and I signed an offer letter, they said they would contact me with a starting date and here it is Jan. 31st 2013. Should I take another job of continue to wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eggy in socal, California

20 months ago

nitro314 in Havelock, North Carolina said: Should I take another job of continue to wait.

do you have other options? i certainly wouldn't stop looking if you didn't...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.