Summer IT Internship at Lockheed Martin

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

ITCollegeInternship in Mc Kees Rocks, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

Hello,

I am currently a Junior at Penn State majoring in Information Sciences and Technology. I am very interested in pursuing a summer internship at Lockheed Martin. It has been a dream of mine to work at this particular company ever since I was in high school. I have already held a previous internship the past summer and am fluent in a foreign language. I was wondering if anyone knew when would be the ideal time to apply and if anyone has had any experiences working for the company. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Brunswick, Georgia

37 months ago

Congrats on the internship! I wrote in my e-book, "How to get hired by Lockheed Martin", that breaking the online barrier is the best way to get hired, so it soungs like you're more than halfway there. I'd recommend submitting your applications towards the end of your Junior year--LM hires constantly, so it's more of a question of how soon you're available. Don't forget to check out the company's Leadership Development Programs (LDPs)-- they're geared towards newer professionals like yourself.

eggy in socal, California

36 months ago

I quite disagree with recruiter bob (although i think he misread / misunderstood your question)- you need to start looking at / applying for internships by, at the latest, the end of this semester / beginning of next semester.

a lot of intern hiring is done by the end of feb, although it does straggle on into may.

Recruiter Bob in Brunswick, Georgia

36 months ago

Eggy, I understood the OP that he/she had previously held an internship with LM, and was now seeking a full-time position? In any case, thanks for the insight! Interning is one of the best ways to get your foot in the door.

ITCollegeInternship in Mc Kees Rocks, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

Recruiter Bob,

I have not previously held an internship with Lockheed Martin. Sorry for the confusion, but I am looking to complete an internship at LM during the summer. I have heard it is very difficult to obtain one unless you know someone that personally works for the company that is able to recommend you. Since I have already completed an internship at a different company in the IT field I would hope this would give me some advantage.

eggy in socal, California

36 months ago

Penn State has many contacts with LM - LM sponsors projects, labs, etc - and your best best would be to get involved with one of those.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.