Tees or Ties?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Lockheed Martin?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Lockheed Martin?

Reply - Report abuse

Areyouserious

91 months ago

Is this a fake questions,or posted by a real applicant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Gates in Raleigh, North Carolina

90 months ago

Lockheed Martin is nothing but a good old boys club.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Luella

90 months ago

I have worked for this company as a contractor since Oct. For this position the attire is tees/jeans and of course your safety hoes as it is in a warehouse enviroment. No benies except holidays,but overtime hours are offered on the contract.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Worker bee in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

Lockheed is business casual for most office positions. Some people dress up more if they have customer (government) contacts or are in supervisory positions, others push the limits towards casual.

I have found the environment to be very friendly with many people hanging out together after work or going to lunch in groups, etc.

There is some truth to the statement that it is a good ole boys network. However, there is a strong movement to change this as the backgrounds of employees is rapidly changing. I have been impressed with the commitment to diversity that I have witnessed as a new employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SickOfLockheed in Washington, District of Columbia

84 months ago

I would suggest the IT Division is now the "good old girls" club. More and more "alternate life styler" women are pushing men out of the middle to upper managerial ranks. They promote each other and sexism has taken a spin the other direction; thus, taking the commitment to diversity too far. The women often dress like men and wear professional pants or jeans (not tight) when not on a customer site. Their hair, in most cases, is shorter then the men.

Business casual is pervasive inside of the Lockheed buildings. It is rare to find someone in a tie, but this, too depends on the Lockheed division. For example, in remote divisions way out in the countryside (Owego, NY), it is not uncommon to see people in tee shirts and "IBM" legacy hats. In more upscale areas, people rarely wear tee shirts and jeans. The Business Development people like to think they are important and wear Sears polyester/wool blend suits, but most of us who do the work laugh at them.

On customer sites, it's always good to look professional and wear suits and ties for men; although, Lockheed does not require this like Booze Allen Hamilton does. Women often wear a nice business suit. Jeans are not promoted on customer sites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.