Temp to Hire Process After Interview

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

S-O in Newtown, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

I have a few questions regarding temp to hire jobs at Lockheed Martin. I was contacted through a 3rd party recruiting service for a job approximately 2 weeks ago.

They had scheduled me for an interview, which I believe went very well (with the interviewers stating I had what they were looking for regarding this particular entry level position).

I was wondering if they would be handling some sort of pre-employment background screening before sending out a job offer letter. Due to the circumstances and the third party recruiter HR had no knowledge or contact with me prior to the interview. I'm patiently awaiting further correspondence from LM. What should I expect next?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter Bob in Chicago, Illinois

33 months ago

S-O, I'd say that two weeks is sufficient time for you to inquire about your status without seeming like a pest. Call or email the recruiting service and ask if they need any additional information from you.

Generally, screening forms are collected before a formal interview, so in your case you'd just be waiting on the hiring manager to make a decision. Brace yourself as well, since there's a chance that they already filled the slot with another candidate and failed to let you know. (This happens OFTEN with LM--remember that it's a very big company, and communications are somewhat challenging.)

Remember that even if you were passed over for a better-qualified candidate, the use of a third-party recruiting company is a sign that the company needs MANY qualified applicants, whether it's due to them standing up a new program, or because of high turnover. In either case, be sure to mention that you're still available for any future openings in case another candidate drops out. It's pretty common for new hires to be denied security clearances, or for entry-level positions, a candidate might find a higher-paying job and decline LM's offer. Either way, this position could mean that there's opportunity for advancement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Octavia Burgess in Lithonia, Georgia

31 months ago

I'm interested in working for Lockheed Martin. Do you happened to know if they use temp agencies for the Georgia Location?

Recruiter Bob in Woodstock, Illinois

31 months ago

Olivia, LM relies on staffing companies whenever they don't get enough applicants through their own website, which is always the best bet for job seekers. I've worked with a bunch of temp-to-permanent employees, though, and it's a solid way to get your foot in the door. Check out my e-book, "How to Get Hired by Lockheed Martin" on Lulu.com for more information.

Also, just FYI, LM has several dozen work sites in Georgia!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.