Trying to get an interview in the Delaware Valley or Virginia areas, kind of frustrated at the moment.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

PSU in State College, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

I'm currently a graduating senior at Penn State, finishing up my B.S. in Aerospace Engineering. I'm carrying a 3.63, and on the side I do work with the PSU Student Space Programs Lab developing guidance software for nanosatellites (just last week I went through a 90 minute design review before a panel of faculty to outline an attitude determination algorithm myself and one of the other students are working on). I'm also a team leader for my senior capstone courses in spacecraft design and software engineering.

I've recently been trying to at least get interviews for various open entry-level positions in software engineering and systems integration at the King of Prussia, Newtown, and Chantilly offices, and have been getting kind of frustrated with my lack of results. I have several friends\colleagues that have gotten interviews and\or offers with Lockheed, including my girlfriend, who last week was offered as Software Engineering position at KoP that, frankly, she's woefully underqualified for, especially relative to myself. The common theme in all of these instances seems to be the fact that they knew someone (mostly family or close family friend) who was able to pass their resume\job package directly to a hiring manager, who brought them in for an interview, instead of merely having their job package dumped into the online system like everyone else. I don't have any connections like that, and while I've tried networking as best I can through my professors and at recruiting events\career fairs, I continually end up at square one with having to just submit stuff online and hope. I feel at this point like I'm a legitimately qualified applicant who's just getting lost in the system.

Does anyone have any tips, advice, or help to offer? It'd be appreciated any which way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Toddie4usa1 in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

Hello,

I am sorry you have had some a difficult time getting an interview. You seem like you genuninely want to be a part of our amazing team. If you would post an email address on here i cant promise you anything but i will pass it along to a recruiter and see if we can get him/ her to contact you. After reading your post i think you deserve a call atleast =)

Lockheed Martin deserves the best and brightest and you seem to be all of that.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.