Two interviews... two months... no communication... HELP!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Jen E in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Hi All,

I was in an interesting situation with Lockheed Martin as I was contacted by a recruiter who was very enthusiastic and stated he had two positions for which he thought I was a great fit. I interviewed for one position over the phone and was then interviewed in person by the entire team. I think it went very well overall. I then had a phone interview for the second opportunity about a week or so later and I thought that went very well also. Both hiring managers sounded very interested and I can't say anything happened that made me feel they weren't interested.

I followed up with the recruiter and he was again super positive and felt like both opportunities were interested in moving forward.

Fast forward to today - almost 2 months later! I haven't heard a thing since my follow-up with the recruiter. I've emailed and called him but no response. I don't want to to turn into a stalker at this point so I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel.

Anyone else have an experience like mine? I thought if I was being formally rejected I would at least get an email or snail mail to terminate my hopes. Any insight anyone can share would be greatly appreciated as I was super excited about working for this company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

eggy in socal, California

19 months ago

Call the recruiter. It's their job to deal with you. You should have probably gotten the hiring managers contact info as well- contact them as well (be more careful not to be a pest with the hiring manager).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lockheedhack lockheedhack in Texas

19 months ago

Jen E in Houston, Texas said: Hi All,

I was in an interesting situation with Lockheed Martin as I was contacted by a recruiter who was very enthusiastic and stated he had two positions for which he thought I was a great fit. I interviewed for one position over the phone and was then interviewed in person by the entire team. I think it went very well overall. I then had a phone interview for the second opportunity about a week or so later and I thought that went very well also. Both hiring managers sounded very interested and I can't say anything happened that made me feel they weren't interested.

I followed up with the recruiter and he was again super positive and felt like both opportunities were interested in moving forward.

Fast forward to today - almost 2 months later! I haven't heard a thing since my follow-up with the recruiter. I've emailed and called him but no response. I don't want to to turn into a stalker at this point so I'm on the verge of throwing in the towel.

Anyone else have an experience like mine? I thought if I was being formally rejected I would at least get an email or snail mail to terminate my hopes. Any insight anyone can share would be greatly appreciated as I was super excited about working for this company!

What is the name of your recruiter? Post it here.

Kenneth S. in Clarksville, Tennessee

19 months ago

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone may have any information on how to go about finding a recruiter in my area. I know LM will be taking over the contract for doing reset on CH-47 Chinook helicopters for the US Army. I'm active duty military at the moment but will be getting out on June 3rd 2013. DynCorp has the contract until July 3013 at which time LM will take over. I'm a Chinook Mechanic and would very much like to contact a recruiter for possible employment. Any and all would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regard,

Kenneth Sanders

19 months ago

have you applied to any of the positions LM has open for that contract?

D. Vu in Renton, Washington

18 months ago

Hey I have something to ask real quick. So I have gotten and email asking me to fill out and application so LH can send me an employment offer and also an HR rep called and said I was selected for the position. Would anyone typically know the wait time for receiving the offer letter and will it be via email or postal ?

18 months ago

24-48 hours after the hiring manager pushes the Order to hire button. Offer should come via email and phone call and fedex. Surprised that you were able to interview without a completed application already in hand by the recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.