Waiting Time

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

GeorgeIs in University Park, Pennsylvania

27 months ago

About 2 months ago, I was contacted by a project engineer to apply to an internship in Gaithersburg, MD. I applied, and a month later I got a phone interview with the person I would be working for in Gaithersburg. I thought the interview went really well, and by what he was saying, it seemed like I had the job wrapped up. He said that he or a member of HR would be contacting me soon, but it's been a month and I haven't heard anything. I will be hearing back from my backups soon, but I would definitely prefer to work for LM this summer. Anyway, should I just be patient, or should I call HR? I don't want to seem like a pest, but it's pretty important to hear back soon...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

eggy in socal, California

26 months ago

Contact the person who you interviewed with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GeorgeIs in State College, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

I emailed him last night. He gave me his cell number as well, would it be appropriate to contact that? Also, is a month wait normal? I'm fine with not getting the job and everything, but an email saying I didn't get it would be nice so I can move on.

26 months ago

Sure, call. That's why they gave you a number.

A month wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a regular position, but it seems awfully long time for an internship, especially this late into the year.

GeorgeIs in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Yeah, that's what I thought. He actually responded friday afternoon, saying that he contacted the team and they should be contacting me shortly. I'm not sure if that sounds positive or negative, but at least they should be getting back to me. Thanks for your help.

26 months ago

Okay, I got an offer from another company yesterday and my deadline to accept is tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to hear back from Lockheed Martin? Should I just give up, considering it's been over a month?

stephen243 in santa ana, California

26 months ago

I think you should call the recruiter or the HR representative and ask them about the status of your application at Lockheed Martin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I don't have the contact information of either of those people. Is there a more general number I can call?

26 months ago

GeorgeIs in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania said: Okay, I got an offer from another company yesterday and my deadline to accept is tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to hear back from Lockheed Martin? Should I just give up, considering it's been over a month?

yeah, an offer with a deadline from another company is about the only way to get an expedited response from LM. let your contact know.

26 months ago

Ok thanks guys, I'll let you know what happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Just got the offer last night. Thanks for your help guys.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.